Home Past Anomalies
Options

multiple crew not getting their bonus

undercover sulu, Captain John Harriman, and others, are not comming up as bonus crew nor are they getting their bonus skill multiplyer, i have Harrimon at L100 and comes in way low on the skill sheets same with Sulu who was specificaly advertised as getting a bonus but so far bubkiss.
please, please, please, DB and @Shan , check the Bonus Crew List, as this is an issue on events like this.
DB needs to fire the Ferrengi and higher more Engineers, Rom doesn't count.
[FSC] Peace Keepers
Gryphon [****] Adm

Comments

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having the same issues with Sulu. I'll check on Harriman.
  • Options
    [FSC] Adm: Gryphon[FSC] Adm: Gryphon ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    apparently its multiple sulu's and possibly some starfleet captains not getting their bonus from what i am seeing, but definitly 2 of the sulus not getting theirs
    [FSC] Peace Keepers
    Gryphon [****] Adm
  • Options
    Harriman seems to work for me.
  • Options
    SunshineRikerSunshineRiker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for reporting this! Raising this issue with the team.

We're not seeing issues with Harriman bonus, just Fencing Sulu. Is anyone else missing a bonus?
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Reports are both Fencing Sulu and Undercover Sulu (probably 1* Sulu and Astrosciences Sulu too, but those two are less likely to have been tried). Sulu variants specifically didn't give a bonus for the first run of this event, only the listed captains did so I'm guessing someone missed a change somewhere.
  • Options
    Is Captain Q not supposed to be a bonus either or is that a glitch? Captain Q does have the Starfleet trait and is called Captain. Just wondering.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is Captain Q not supposed to be a bonus either or is that a glitch? Captain Q does have the Starfleet trait and is called Captain. Just wondering.

He's not on the list of bonus crew.
  • Options
    Yeah, all Sulus are borked. Astrosciences isn't getting a bonus either.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Options
    We've pushed a fix for this issue. All Sulus should now be providing event bonuses! You may need to restart your client.
  • Options
    ty
    [FSC] Peace Keepers
    Gryphon [****] Adm
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    JazzRiker wrote: »
    Thanks for reporting this! Raising this issue with the team.

We're not seeing issues with Harriman bonus, just Fencing Sulu. Is anyone else missing a bonus?

No bonus for anyone in the Galaxy portion! Tried multiple toons. In that pic, my Bateson is immortalized.

gmy34ije9j34.png

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, hardly any bonus in galaxy phase. Fix it db.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's try this again, since their QC stinks, someone needs to be on duty to check on status of events around phase changeovers.....
  • Options
    I dont understand the big deal with this, as it effects all participants.
  • Options
    EtienneEtienne ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018

Yes, it affects everyone so in that sense it is fair.... the problem comes in because some people spent $$ to buy the event guys and time leveling them up because they expected to get the bonus. We are not talking about little money here... you've have seen the prices. People spent 100's of dollars and expected to get a return on that investment.
  • Options

It affects all participants, but it does not affect all participants equally. It has the greatest impact on those who have spent the most (in money and/or game-play time) toward this event's crew members.

It's the exact opposite of what a company that wants to make money selling crew packs should do.
  • Options
    I spent more time than money, but I have 15 event crew that give worst % than in my first event I participated. So...🙃
  • Options
    My opinion is, if you are going put a product out there, it should function properly. Time and time again we see DB fail with quality control. I got a response to my ticket (about 15 hours later) telling me...you guessed it, they would forward those concerns to the developers. It’s just a joke. Do your job. We like the game or we wouldn’t be here. That doesn’t mean you get to put out a substandard product. Either no one cares enough to fix this issue, or no one is at work. You decide which of those is worse for a product that runs 24-7-365.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options

It affects all participants, but it does not affect all participants equally. It has the greatest impact on those who have spent the most (in money and/or game-play time) toward this event's crew members.

It's the exact opposite of what a company that wants to make money selling crew packs should do.

True, and I am one who has spent the money. I have Sulu and Harriman FFFE, Bateson FF and 3 stars. so I have invested $35 US in him, I have Silva La Forge level 90, with 2 stars. Cost me 2 packs and $25 US.
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, this doesn't matter to me as I threshold'd and out from the faction part alone. And I also am going to be of the argument that the issues are affecting each player the same -- I understand the 'doesn't affect equally' concern, but am I correct in understanding that characters are giving bonus, just not the amount of bonus they're supposed to?

But... I will support arguments that the event is not functioning as ADVERTISED - and I agree that that's a problem. People were told that the event would provide certain amounts of bonus for certain characters and that is not what was received. For ranking purposes, everyone is on equal footing - because every player is running into the same issues (some more than others because of bench size). But in terms of functionality of the event, it's not working as intended.
  • Options
    I thought something was wrong. I’ve got all of the event crew FE and two of them fully immortalized, yet I’m getting horrible bonuses. Usually immortalized event crew will give you a huge bonus for Galaxy
  • Options
    Hi folks. I'm very sorry about this problem with the event. We sent out some in-game Chronitons regarding the crew bonus bug. Granted, this does not make up for the issue or what you may have invested in the event, but to that end, you should also submit a ticket if you feel disadvantaged because of the issue. We'll continue to discuss this issue tomorrow with the dev team.
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi folks. I'm very sorry about this problem with the event. We sent out some in-game Chronitons regarding the crew bonus bug. Granted, this does not make up for the issue or what you may have invested in the event, but to that end, you should also submit a ticket if you feel disadvantaged because of the issue. We'll continue to discuss this issue tomorrow with the dev team.

I feel insulted. The event crew I leveled up costed me significantly more than that.
  • Options
    Ren~ wrote: »

I feel insulted. The event crew I leveled up costed me significantly more than that.

He said this is a first step. I say give it a couple days and see what happens.
  • Options
    As the above posted said, Let's give them a few days before we bring the tar and feathers ;)

• Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Ah, there’s that familiar spot... something needs to be done to address the frequency of these.
    bdwtf7tdrxhi.jpeg
  • Options
    We just posted an announcement about compensation regarding the last event:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/11943/compensation-rewards-for-captain-s-oath-event-11-5/p1
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/11943/compensation-rewards-for-captain-s-oath-event-11-5/p1

I can't speak for everyone but I think this is fair.
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018

I can't speak for everyone but I think this is fair.

Fair for some, not for others.
    Sure, if I was just aiming for sub-1000, fell just outside, this would be great.