Home The Bridge

Cloaking

Okay I know this has been previously discussed? and according to the powers that B has been fixed, even thou It hasn't as far as I can tell.

Are they ever going to fix The cloaking of The tong? Im not sure if its the same for any other ships that cloak since I don't really use them anymore, but its super annoying.

Sometimes the cloak works sometimes it doesn't, sometimes they fire right thru it like its nothing. I know this because the ship is sometimes instant dead, the minute the cloak drops, I highly doubt a ship can do that much damage instantly ,especially since all of its instant damage officers already fired ;p hence why I used the cloak in the first place.

its great that they add new stuff;) would be even better if they addressed some of these older bugs. If im wrong about it or missing something feel free to say so;)

Comments

• https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/4610/my-hms-bountys-cloak-is-broken#latest
    this issue has already been identified and if you wish to voice your concerns about this glitch, please go to the above link
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well if it is the instant the cloak drops, yes a ship can do THAT much instantly. The setup I use can deal 1650% damage all at once. So it isn't impossible.

But the T'ong's cloaks are terrible af, sometimes like you say, they work. Other times, as soon as I start the cloak, even 2 seconds into it I get dealt a huge chunk of damage almost as if I don't have a cloak at all, and yet I'm still in the middle of being cloaked.

We've raved about it, but so far there has been no legit fix.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    that's what I thought, I realize ships can do instant damage but I purposely cloak right before the computer opponent uses its instant damages. Also like you thou, ive had ships hit me a few secs after being cloaked.

Not entirely sure if its a bug issue, or a lag issue since the ships are real time battles, either way it is frustrating;)

appreciate your input on it, least Im not the only one lol
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/4610/my-hms-bountys-cloak-is-broken#latest
    this issue has already been identified and if you wish to voice your concerns about this glitch, please go to the above link

That was back in march? I believe DB had claimed that the issue had been fixed since then.
    I just read the entire thread, I see that other people have added since then, but do they realize its still an open issue?
  • Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed it too, I've been trying to get a convincing replay.
    I usually use HMS. Bounty for fights and I notice the combination of IKS TOng and Captain Killy that makes it more likely. Sadly the times when I've been recording haven't been convincing enough yet, but I have definitely seen it happen several times.
  • DeanWins wrote: »
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/4610/my-hms-bountys-cloak-is-broken#latest

That was back in march? I believe DB had claimed that the issue had been fixed since then.
    I just read the entire thread, I see that other people have added since then, but do they realize its still an open issue?

I dont know, ive personally given up on db fixing it in the immediate future, i have however shifted to the dark side...i now use the t'ong for battling in the arena... strange thing is, the bug of being able to fire through the cloak or right after never happens. I think it only happens when a ship is defending its position on the leaderboard.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    In arena I never fight a ship with a cloak. I refresh until I get one without it. If I don’t get one I wait a while and try again