Home The Bridge

Weyoun Questions for DS9 Fans

Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
I'll start by saying that I have not watched much DS9, but I'm working on it. I haven't seen Weyoun yet, but the names "Weyoun Clone 4" and "Weyoun Clone 5" give me a little hint. Anyway... On with the question....

It seems like the Weyoun clones are separate beings and not "variants" as DB typically uses the term.

1) Should other Weyoun clones count as bonus crew?

2) Should DB use the phrase "Weyoun clones" instead of "variants of Weyoun" when they announce event crew?
Farewell 🖖

Comments

• PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'd have other variants other than the different clones. The Far Beyond the Stars alternate past reality thing, etc. And hell, if they are all copies of the same source, wouldn't that make them in some ways truly variants of the original?
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've written and deleted three replies to your questions. I keep talking myself out of my answers! I think that means your questions are on target :)
  • 1) Should other Weyoun clones count as bonus crew?

As a practical matter the answer is obviously yes. But I'll add that it's in keeping with the context of DS9, too. Weyouns were distinct beings, but genetically identical, and when a new one was activated he inherited the same position as the old one and was generally seen as having the same abilities (give or take some flaws in the cloning process!)

2) Should DB use the phrase "Weyoun clones" instead of "variants of Weyoun" when they announce event crew?

Possibly. Each clone is a variant of the same genetic material, so I don't doubt the Founder herself would be comfortable describing them as variants of each other. However, they are distinct beings, so if we're being nitpicky about terminology (and why not!) 'clones' would be more correct.
  • In the series, as you will see Prime Lorca, Weyoun is a Vorta that are cloned buy the Dominion. Hence, Weyoun clone 4, 5, even 6 when DB comes out with him would be a variant.
    As for "clones" or "variant", does it really matter? It's all the same.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the input. Thanks to all who have posted so far. To the question of "does it matter?" - maybe not really. But I'm having fun with this game. Getting fans' input and making it more accurate is more enjoyable to me. It's one of those subtle things like picking a Star Trek themed name instead of something less relevant to the franchise. It makes me feel like the players and developers care.
    Farewell 🖖
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is interesting, and could potentially open up a whole can of worms, which is also interesting.

By this logic (and it's sound logic) should mirror versions of crew members count as variants (or do they? I can't remember), since they're basically separate entities as well?

Like, Bashir dressed up as James Bond is still just Bashir in a costume. But Mirror Bashir is completely his own thing, and not technically a variant of OUR man Bashir.
  • PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does Thomas Riker get a bonus in Riker events? He WAS Riker... well, he IS Riker, right?
  • Jim RaynorJim Raynor ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I recommend to watch the show first, maybe this will answer your question as well. My explanation would contain some spoilers, so I'm not going to answer it. They might all be clones, but are clones identical or do they have their own character which gives them individuality to make choices other clones wouldn't have even think of?
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Thomas Riker should count, if he is ever made into anything more then a one star it would be worth the fight.

All Weyouns should be variants.

Arguing the mirror question..
    It's valid, but then we're getting wayyyy too picking and choosing and the players would suffer.

Why..
    Any time there is a temporary shift in the time line new "mirror" versions are created.
    War ship Yar for instance. So, then do we let her be a Yar bonus ?

What about warship Janey and chuckles ?

What about any TNG character after season two ? (When they got blown up in the funnel, a Picard got sent back 20 hours and changed the time line)

And if no pre season 2tng characters are in game (besides 2*'s and 1*s) and you take all TNG characters as post that point, what any TNG character after season 5 when they blew up 50 times cause Frasier Crane crashed over and over..

Then that moves us to "then what about DB characters ? They aren't Canon so how could they be in the prime timeline to count as a variant ?". It would go on and on and on forever and we get confused on the rules now sometimes as it is lol.

Lol.
    All Weyouns should be variants of each other :)
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does Mirror Picard give a bonus for Prime Picard? He is a completely different person after all.
    Do Ezri Dax and Odo Dax give bonus for Jadzia Dax?
    Thank you for the courtesy, @Jim Raynor , but spoilers don't bother me. I accept that since I put it off for so many years, I will hear others talk about things I haven't seen yet. It won't stop me from watching or enjoying the show.

@FutureImperfecta , that is about the best long path to a short answer I've ever seen. :) Thank you for that.

The Will / Tom Riker point is particularly interesting. I don't remember the last Riker event. Does anyone know if Tom counted as a Riker?
    Farewell 🖖
    S31 wrote: »
    Does Mirror Picard give a bonus for Prime Picard? He is a completely different person after all.
    Do Ezri Dax and Odo Dax give bonus for Jadzia Dax?

I know that the last Vic Fontaine event counted Mirror Vic Fontaine. And the Dax thing depends on if it's explicitly a Dax event or a Jadzia event.
    Farewell 🖖
  • 1) Yes, other Weyouns should count as small bonus crew.

2) I'm happy with variants. Might as well carry on at this point.

Now to get back to the more important question:

gsx12974gsua.jpg

(One of the funnier Weyoun moments which i'm sure you'll see eventually)
    I believe in coincidences. Coincidences happen every day. But I don't trust coincidences.
  • wrote:

gsx12974gsua.jpg

Second only to when Weyoun 5 drank poison in front of Sisko and Dukat. Their reactions were epic classic.
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • You have to remember, Weyoun is not an Event crew for the upcoming event (starting on Thursday).

Weyoun is just the 5* reward. All Weyouns will count as a bonus crew in next week event, not this week event
    I'll start by saying that I have not watched much DS9, but I'm working on it. I haven't seen Weyoun yet, but the names "Weyoun Clone 4" and "Weyoun Clone 5" give me a little hint. Anyway... On with the question....

It seems like the Weyoun clones are separate beings and not "variants" as DB typically uses the term.

• They're barely seperate entities. Each Weyoun clone usually takes over right where the last one left off. The best way to put this is that the Weyoun's are basically similar to the Venture Bros. The clones just continue the one existence. So they shouldn't be considered seperate for game reasons.
  • RogueAngyl wrote: »
    wrote:

gsx12974gsua.jpg

Second only to when Weyoun 5 drank poison in front of Sisko and Dukat. Their reactions were epic classic.

Or Dukat lecturing Weyoun on why he can't eradicate Earth's population after they've conquered the Federation (Sacrifice Of Angels). Weyoun is definitely a favourite in my book.
    I believe in coincidences. Coincidences happen every day. But I don't trust coincidences.
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    RogueAngyl wrote: »
    Or Dukat lecturing Weyoun on why he can't eradicate Earth's population after they've conquered the Federation (Sacrifice Of Angels). Weyoun is definitely a favourite in my book.
    Or taunting Worf in 'Strange Bedfellows'.

Granted it wasn't funny for Weyoun, but it got a laugh.
    edited November 2018
    You have to remember, Weyoun is not an Event crew for the upcoming event (starting on Thursday).

Weyoun is just the 5* reward. All Weyouns will count as a bonus crew in next week event, not this week event

I forgot about that. Wait, wait... I totally remembered, but wanted to start the conversation early. :)
    Farewell 🖖