Home The Bridge

DB, First Impression of new Shuttle Launching layout - Yuck !

Second Impression - Still yuck!

or6p63prnlek.png

Where's the space between symbol and text ?
Why is OR bigger than AND ?

Just insults my senses.

Why did we need a new layout ?
What does it do for us ?

The big question DB , does this new layout actually calculate OR and AND correctly ?
If it does then I might forgo the yuckiness , but I guess not.

Yuck,Yuck,Yuck !!!!

Comments

• The font sizing issue is a little wonky, but otherwise it doesn’t look too bad to me. I’m willing to give it a try.
  • Anything that provides MORE information can't be a bad thing... I like it
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a fan of it either.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    26q9hideqlqw.jpeg
  • Another dislike.

They've reordered the Seating Order (or reversed), or could be just random (I don't give a tinkers to look any further)
    i.e. Old Way A,B,C now it's C,B,A

Again WHY ?

Or is it part of their anti-macro thingy ?
    Or is it a page out of the Don's playbook, remove something and put it back and say look at this new shiny thing.
  • too small for me, hard to pick right select, special on phone
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭

OR ...

this gives the graphics UX guy something to do. He's probably not involved in the other things that are "broken".

A lot of assumptions are made when you don't know their employee structure and game architecture.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    They probably resigned it in order to have the new shuttle requisitions available but I do wish they kept the OR font the same size
    DB: Do Better
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    They probably resigned it in order to have the new shuttle requisitions available but I do wish they kept the OR font the same size

Well makes it so I can't select crew with my thumb anymore so pissing me the frell off.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Jim Steele wrote: »

Well makes it so I can't select crew with my thumb anymore so pissing me the frell off.
    Ah sounds like a bid to improve ad revenue

160530.mobileads.jpg
    DB: Do Better
  • Actually, looking at the problems between the new and old Phone & tablet graphics architecture, I believe this is a necessary change toward fixing improving other aspects, like the skirmish crew selection screen, and even the mission complete screens that still overlap all the function buttons on some devices.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, looking at the problems between the new and old Phone & tablet graphics architecture, I believe this is a necessary change toward fixing improving other aspects, like the skirmish crew selection screen, and even the mission complete screens that still overlap all the function buttons on some devices.

If that is true, I would support it. As usual, DB is less than upfront about why they are doing things. As I said, if I am convinced of the benefits of change, I'll champion it. Otherwise, don't change it.
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    don't confuse this for being a DB apologist ... but I'm not sure there's any kind of SLA where DB owes you that explanation
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    don't confuse this for being a DB apologist ... but I'm not sure there's any kind of SLA where DB owes you that explanation

Please don't misunderstand. I'm not really bothered by the change--not in any way that mattets, but I don't see a reason for it. Also, I don't feel they owe me an explanation; just that if they gave one, no one would complain.
  • Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    2pqhntmue2nk.png

Just wondering why the middle icon now looks like a sign for a toilet
  • 2pqhntmue2nk.png

Just wondering why the middle icon now looks like a sign for a toilet

It was designed on one. It's not only the shuttles also cadet missions look misaligned.
  • Seems like they just did 'busy work' to me. Maybe as an attempt to distract players from the real work that wasn't/isn't getting done.
    [DCC] bebe
    Privileged to be Admiral of the Great Fleet
    Dilithium Causes Cancer, maxed Starbase level 134
    Featuring photonic flee free holodecks and
    All you can drink Neelix's Even Better Than Coffee Substitute!
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    [DCC] bebe wrote: »
    Seems like they just did 'busy work' to me. Maybe as an attempt to distract players from the real work that wasn't/isn't getting done.

It looks pretty clear that they have opened up space in the middle between the crew and boosts for something to go in there. What it is we will find out later. Maybe it's the Rent a shuttle section, maybe it's something else.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playing on an iPhone, I find the new shuttle interface causes text/icons to overlap. For example, I ran a shuttle that had a "CMD and SEC" seat, and the word "and" was partially covered by the SEC symbol.

I noticed they also revised the shuttle completion screen. The animation is much quicker, but the text is all shrunken and centered on the screen, with tons of blank space around all four sides (nearly half the screen winds up being dead space).

I'm all for minor tweaks like this when they address a known concern and improvement gameplay (ie: when they revised the crew screen), but so far I'm not liking the changes, and don't really understand what necessitated them.
  • Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    I can't see my crew under normal brightness if I go back in to check the progress of a shuttle. I have to turn the brightness to max to find out what crew is assigned to each shuttle.
  • Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    My eyesight it not the best to begin with. Using my phone has really been smurfed.
  • Terribly small print. "Hey, this works great! How can we fix it?"

🤦‍♂️