Home The Bridge

Um... guys? Tick tock...

It’s almost noon here, just a couple more hours until the new event packs should be going up. I’d love to know if we’re getting another Data or not, or how many, or when, so I can decide how I want to approach — or not approach — spending dil on those new packs. Is there an announcement in the works, or something?... anything? Maybe coinciding with the release of the packs?

Comments

• YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    They'll likely delay the event packs until they get it sorted... Although I'm thinking logically which isn't always DB's wheelhouse
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could always just not buy packs yet.
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    Galdran wrote: »
    I got an idea, let's push and pressure them to rush it... So they make another mistake.

It is not about rushing the fix, it is about communicating what the fix will be. As it is there are multiple people who are now in a worst position for finishing in the top 1000 than another player who decided to threshold and out.
  • Shan wrote: »
    We are still working on this.
    The event announcement and packs will be delayed today.

Thx for the information. Not sure though why delaying event packs is connected with the wrong compensation reward issue. Nobody is forced to buy packs right away?
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Also, DB never addressed the issue of false advertisement. A separate compensation is required for those who spent money. The store should have been closed the moment the issue was discovered!
  • NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »

Thx for the information. Not sure though why delaying event packs is connected with the wrong compensation reward issue. Nobody is forced to buy packs right away?

Technically no, but people tend to scream whenever money is involved. So I'm sure they are working on sending out the fixes first, before making Data available for sale.
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
    Also, DB never addressed the issue of false advertisement. A separate compensation is required for those who spent money. The store should have been closed the moment the issue was discovered!

What false advertisement?

There was no advert, and a message was sent out shortly after the event detailing the compensation. This isn't an advert it was a notice.
  • TaskerTasker ✭✭✭

Shan wrote: »

Excellent. Withholding the packs is the correct move both ethically and in terms of avoiding more frustration on everyone’s part. Hope whatever technical issues may be delaying implementation will be solved quickly. Thanks for the update.

• Tasker wrote: »
    It’s almost noon here, just a couple more hours until the new event packs should be going up. I’d love to know if we’re getting another Data or not, or how many, or when, so I can decide how I want to approach — or not approach — spending dil on those new packs. Is there an announcement in the works, or something?... anything? Maybe coinciding with the release of the packs?

Just received my Data, only 50hrs after event finished on Monday, I will do my best to level him up but as yet no packs available for Tomorrow's event either to level up the other new characters.

Come on DB sortit out.
  • Hunter247 wrote: »
    I got an idea, let's push and pressure them to rush it... So they make another mistake.

It is not about rushing the fix, it is about communicating what the fix will be. As it is there are multiple people who are now in a worst position for finishing in the top 1000 than another player who decided to threshold and out.

Totally agree 50hrs less to fully equip Pinafore Data.
  • CB4_V'ger wrote: »
    Hunter247 wrote: »

If you need more than 50 hours to equip this data, you're doing it wrong. He's super easy to FE.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
    CB4_V'ger wrote: »

It is not just that. Some might have burned tens of thousands of crons to get into the top 1000
  • CB4_V'ger wrote: »

If you need more than 50 hours to equip this data, you're doing it wrong. He's super easy to FE.

I'm in the same boat as you, but for those who are a bit earlier in gameplay they'll have less chrons, credits and replicator materials available. For some, it's more practical to spend 2 days using most of their replications on the crew equipment to conserve chrons going into a galaxy.

I still don't think it's a problem though, as people in that position are from rank 1000-1500, and they SHOULD have a disadvantage of some sort since I spent enough chrons to ensure I stayed in top 1k to earn Data. I could have kept more aside to hoard for next week otherwise.
    CB4_V'ger wrote: »

I'm in the same boat as you, but for those who are a bit earlier in gameplay they'll have less chrons, credits and replicator materials available. For some, it's more practical to spend 2 days using most of their replications on the crew equipment to conserve chrons going into a galaxy.

I still don't think it's a problem though, as people in that position are from rank 1000-1500, and they SHOULD have a disadvantage of some sort since I spent enough chrons to ensure I stayed in top 1k to earn Data. I could have kept more aside to hoard for next week otherwise.

The cron spend to keep in the top 1000 on this event (and I know I used a lot more crons than on a normal event) is the main reason that it is unfair that some players who didn't even play the galaxy part ended up with a free Data as compensation.

The only reason I spent thousands of crons was for the Data that some players got for nothing