Home Engineering Room

new client layout.

is this intentional? my buttons have shrunk with 1/3s on the success/mision completed screens.
huawei p9lite

Comments

• cpffzk5fwtd7.png
    b3enekb1vdj7.png
    Also the text has become very small and hard to read on a phone.
  • And it would seem the shuttle screen was redone as well.
    No time to fix gui issues, but there is time the change none broken ui screens and break them?
    Also the needed skils are less visible in this layout and there's an obvious difference between 'And' and 'Or' slots. My ocd is kicking in. 1spcsjudb42q.png
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even on an ipad its horrible small now...why do u change Layouts that aren t broken, instead of fixing old UI issues and layouts?

Even before it was hard to tell what crew its on a shuttle, now its almost impossible thx to the shrinking. Why did u shrink stuff???

4u3i895zw88o.jpeg

And this is STILL not fixed...its been only a couple months?

jubmfowwwyo9.jpeg

I like the new UI improvements to the starbase shown above. Good job DB! Can you all please stop whining until Tuesday when the changes are pushed live.
  • Even on an ipad its horrible small now...why do u change Layouts that aren t broken, instead of fixing old UI issues and layouts?

Even before it was hard to tell what crew its on a shuttle, now its almost impossible thx to the shrinking. Why did u shrink stuff???

4u3i895zw88o.jpeg

jubmfowwwyo9.jpeg

I like the new UI improvements to the starbase shown above. Good job DB! Can you all please stop whining until Tuesday when the changes are pushed live.

Why can't people ever just be grateful for what they have? Honestly, the whining is getting ridiculous. You have a level 127 starbase, who cares if you can't see part of someone's avatar?
  • Quit GameQuit Game ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    This is another fail:
    flr7z4hvqd2o.jpeg
    The UI is not server dependent, it's all in the client itself. Ridiculous that they not only didn't fix the small issue but they made the issues 50000* worse.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Even on an ipad its horrible small now...why do u change Layouts that aren t broken, instead of fixing old UI issues and layouts?

4u3i895zw88o.jpeg

jubmfowwwyo9.jpeg

Why can't people ever just be grateful for what they have? Honestly, the whining is getting ridiculous. You have a level 127 starbase, who cares if you can't see part of someone's avatar?

Where in that was whining? In fact her comment says to hold off on the whining. Telling whiners to stop whining is not whining. In fact it shows you’re snippy and quick to judge before even reading something thouroughly. @3/5 of Useless Silva <TGE> WC does not waste her time with petty whining
  • mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    octbq4n3dhoo.png

What's going on here? What was wrong with the previous UI?? You don't even need to 'fix' it... Just go back to the previous one...
  • Even on an ipad its horrible small now...why do u change Layouts that aren t broken, instead of fixing old UI issues and layouts?

4u3i895zw88o.jpeg

jubmfowwwyo9.jpeg

The changes to the shuttle UI are LIVE already, quite the opposite to the new „rental shuttle“, that option isn t live until tuesday but ppl are complaining already. So please stop trolling. Thx.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭

4u3i895zw88o.jpeg

jubmfowwwyo9.jpeg

The changes to the shuttle UI are LIVE already, quite the opposite to the new „rental shuttle“, that option isn t live until tuesday but ppl are complaining already. So please stop trolling. Thx.

Maybe, maybe not. You're right about one thing-- it does look like they've left extra empty space in there. Could that be for options relating to a rental shuttle or one of the other new features? It seems like you're making a lot of assumptions here without all of the information.

The other thread that I assume you are referring to, was asking if anyone had any clarification on shuttle rental costs or updated costs for shuttle speedups. Or perhaps speculating about possible costs. I happen to think both questions are completely reasonable, and I'd be interested in hearing the answers or any theories anyone has myself.

Additionally, for all I know, there were UI issues related to shuttles on some devices.

I know that my iPad has different UI issues than my iPhone. I find it pretty easy to believe that there's a device I don't use for STT which had issues with it.

But, again, this is speculation because they do have new features coming which might make use of the aforementioned empty space.

Trolling? Honestly, I wasn't, but if it makes you feel better to think that, be my guest.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could we have less bickering and more device details pretty please? Thanks!
  • AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have issues with my Pixel 3 phone and Samsung Galaxy Tab S tablet. What other information would be helpful Shan? Do we need screenshots of affected screens?
  • I have same issues with text size Xiaomi Redmi 3S prime. Any smaller and I wouldn't be able to read it at all. Already have some text that I'd need a lupe for (and maybe that wouldn't help either). Also lot of wasted space. The previous layout was fine, and also less of the rewards was off-screen. As I like reading the fail/success text in faction events, I hope this gets fixed before next event. Also, could you please make the fail and success sound different again? It's pretty disappointing to hear the positive sound but read you failed.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amphistaff wrote: »
    I have issues with my Pixel 3 phone and Samsung Galaxy Tab S tablet. What other information would be helpful Shan? Do we need screenshots of affected screens?

If what you see is similar to what has already been posted then just providing the details of your devices will be helpful.

If it is something different please provide a screenshot, thank you :)
  • Ipad Air2 and RCA Mercury Android Device. See the same as the above screen shots
    Starfleet Commission: August 12, 2017
  • mejoyh wrote: »
    octbq4n3dhoo.png

What's going on here? What was wrong with the previous UI?? You don't even need to 'fix' it... Just go back to the previous one...

This most reflects what I am seeing on my screen (most significant issue is that the mission success text is gone).

iPhone 6s with iOS 12.0.1
    Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stygian wrote: »
    6smznbo50yy5.png

New layout is grea
    t

Which device please?
  • iPad Pro 12.9 inch
  • Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ipad 2 here. Same thing
  • v86hllww0rtt.png
  • JanewayRocks2JanewayRocks2 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I’ve got this problem too. Need magnifying glasses to read whats on the screen🤓. Iphone 7
  • Same problem on iphone 6. Shuttle mission icons are way too small now - can barely make out the icons underneath. And when you go to check a mission in progress, the crew is darkened out so much that they can not be seen.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes the shuttle crew slots are crazy tiny now, you almost need a magnifying glass to see them. Then there is lots of unused space around the slots. Could you increase their size to what they were before?
    Let’s fly!
  • Layout issues, plus twice nothing is nothing...

dz0r0q1rozdd.png

• iPad 2 (gen 2 and gen 4)

When reviewing a running shuttle to see what crew have been assigned, it is fairly hard to see who is who.
    Screenshot below is good , but who is going to do that everytime.

Note, I do run the iPad at a very low brightness level, but at any higher level I can fry an egg on it when running Timelines (again that's not an option).

tred2zi2cums.png
  • cpffzk5fwtd7.png
    Also the text has become very small and hard to read on a phone.
    My screen looks like this too. I agree, the story text for a "success" result is too small to read. Us TNG fans are aging you know! I'm on an iphone 7.

• The changes to layout and typeface size in particular are ridiculous. I've seen a screenshot for one single specific device, the iPhone X, on which this looks at least intentional, even if it still looks worse than the prior layout.

I'm on Android Oreo, on an LG V20 - and neither of these has caused me problems in any other game.

If you have enough space available for vast empty yawning chasms of nothing where once was readable content, then you had the space for what *was* there, or at least to give players the option to resize their text and icons since the majority of cellphone users do not own one single version of the iPhone.
  • barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pixel 2 XL, Android 9, and the shuttle fonts are so small as to be near unreadable.