Home Make It So!
Options

Ranked rewards

I find it odd that, in order to get a significant change in rewards then a player really has to make it into the top 15. Realistically, that is the top 1/10th of a percent at best.

There may be a handful of people with limitless funds that will fight for this but I suspect that most of us will just content ourselves with getting into the top 1000 so that we get the latest legendary, if at all.

Perhaps I am completely off base here but it may be an idea to look at the ranked event rewards and consider whether they encourage the *majority* of players to push harder or if you are just catering to the handful of players that are able to just throw money at the game.
Cruikshanks [TBL]
The Bovine League

"Leave bigotry in your quarters; there's no room for it on the bridge." James T. Kirk

Comments

• Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Completely agreed, but we've been singing the blues regarding this particular subject for what seems like eons. I'm sure some folks like ·§ë· Xoiiku would be happy to join you in the now-familiar refrain of this tune, however. (12-string slide guitar optional.)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Oh, I understand that this is probably part of an album that includes hits such as "Why hasn't the obviously rigged Gauntlet been fixed yet?", "If the dabo wheel is tailored to me then why does it keep giving me useless crap?" and great jazz classic of "Is there any chance that I could get ship schematics that I can use for something other than replicator fuel?" ....
    Cruikshanks [TBL]
    The Bovine League

"Leave bigotry in your quarters; there's no room for it on the bridge." James T. Kirk
  • Options
    Agree, but we’ve been stating this needs to change since the beginning. The whole 26-1000 reward structure is just idiotic. DB has no incentive to change, and given recent events, even if there were incentives, I doubt they care.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...