Home Make It So!
Options

Delta Quadrant Collection

Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2018 in Make It So!
We could go several ways here, but I think concentrating on Delta Quadrant Aliens should suffice for a collection:
  • First Maje Culluh
  • Riley Frazier
  • Forra Gegen
  • First Maje Haron
  • Colonel Karr
  • Temporal Shift Kes
  • Tieran Possessed Kes
  • Nurse Kes
  • Resistance Neelix
  • Grand Proxy Neelix
  • Klingon Neelix
  • Ambassador Neelix
  • Chef Neelix
  • Away Team Neelix
  • Mutated Paris – being transformed into an Alien species definitely qualifies
  • Danara Pel
  • Kazon Seska
  • Lt Naomi Wildman
  • Annarax
  • Fenim
  • One
  • The Caretaker
  • Species 8472
  • Fesek
  • Icheb
  • Kurros
  • Tash
  • The Clown
  • Tuvix
  • Donik
  • Idrin
  • Penk

I have color highlighted the characters, as this list is longer than I thought it would be, so we probably need to consider purple and gold only.

Ones we need to add:
  • Delta Quadrant Borg Queen – Voyager Version played by Susanna Thompson
  • Captain's assistant Naomi Wildman – her parents may be from the Alpha Quadrant, but she was born in Delta
  • Gathorel Labin – (The "Pleasure seeker" guy)
  • Female Q obviously
  • Wixiban – Talaxian
  • Arturis – definitely gets us the USS Dauntless for Skirmish
  • Lindsay Ballard

Alternates that are on the border:
  • Groundskeeper Boothby – this one is 50/50, because I think he is more prevalent as Species 8472 version than TNG
  • Leonardo DaVinci – his self-aware hologram was rendered autonomous in the Delta Quadrant by Alien tech
  • Captain Q – he shows up several times in his Captain Uniform to Janeway, so, debatable, but if we added Female Q...?

That's a collection of 29 with purple & gold only without alternates.

Who did I miss?
I want to become a Dilionaire...

Comments

• Options
    My personal thoughts are it's got a few crew members I wouldn't put in.

Riley Frazier is Texan (I could make a joke about this but for my Texan friends I will refrain)
    Mutated Paris is an 'evolved' human
    Groundskeeper Boothby would have to be the Species 8472 variety to apply and the version in the game isn't. I'd also augue Species 8472 isn't from the Delta Quadrant but from fluidic space.
    Kazon Seska is marginal on this. Her trait 'Kazon' is political only.
    One was a Borg Drone grown from a tissue sample from Ensign Mulcahy, who was human. I'd argue he has the Borg trait but not necessarily an alien from the Delta Quadrant.
    It could be argued that Forra Gegen is of a species originally from the Alpha Quadrant, but it was so long ago I'd probably keep him in.

I've got 28. That's not too huge for a collection, a bit large for a 3 level (usually species based) but not quite large enough for a four level (trait based) collection. But then, Jury Rigger only has 33 and innovator 40.i suspect they'd have to add a trait like 'Delta Quadrant' to make it work.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good idea, and I also agree with Belle'Anna in excluding Kazon Seska, Mutated Paris, Boothby etc. I would also exclude the Borg because they have their own collection, and Caretaker and 8472 weren't native to the Delra Quadrant either, even if they were important to VOY. But aside from that, all the Neelixes, Keses, Kazon, Viideans, Hirogen and colorful one-off characters would make a great collection.
  • Options
    I did a quick mock-up of the collection. If they make it a four level collection, then you will need at least two legendaries (currently) to complete, which DB might like.

6cctgtbdfxz9.png
  • Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    This would be great! There will probably be some new versions of Kes or Neelix though and (hopefully) some more one-off characters from Voyager, so at some point, it would probably be possible to complete it without any 5* (which would be perfectly fine for me, but I don't know about DB :D ).

Personally, I really hope we will get Marayna, Alzen, Tomin, Phlox and Noss one day.

I'll just share this from Owen's thread, for some of the possible additions:
    zy89rg6kdbo7.jpgkld5nsmb8tpd.jpeg
    6mjkkgit5dmt.jpg
  • Options
    I thought about adding a few more from Owen's list, but I wanted to keep it succinct. I was also originally leaning toward suggesting Delta Quadrant protagonist aliens, but that lends to more complicated selection process.

I specifically included One, simply because he was "born" in the Delta Quadrant. Like Naomi Wildman, Caretaker, Species 8472, etc., origins from elsewhere, but found to "reside" in the Delta Quadrant at the time of discovery. I think this makes the most logic sense in selection for a collection.
  • Options
    I think inclusion of The Caretaker is also problematic as there could be a very long period of time when he's not available.
  • Options
    I think inclusion of The Caretaker is also problematic as there could be a very long period of time when he's not available.

Unless they make it like the Holodeck Enthusiast Collection, and make him an obtainable reward in the collection?