Home The Bridge

What type of stats will Captain Spock have?

Trying to predict how DB will design him. Will he favor base stats, gauntlet stats, or voyage stats (decent base and decent rolls)? For this poll, it doesn't matter what his skill mix will be, just the stat mix.

What type of stats will Captain Spock have? 69 votes

Base stats (at least 1 elite number; e.g., 1200+ at FF)
17%
[KM]VidemeXo | das411[TUFG] SiguardNad Hal(CSF) Jesus Is Lord [••••]LeadHeadcaptain_yarCaptain Greg Porter•§ë• Captain TatemRiriaThorozar Ren~ 12 votes
Gauntlet stats (at least 1 elite range and 2 solid ranges)
7%
Mr. LincolnGhostStalkerRowan terran primeWWIII Flying Ace RimmerCaptain SMR 5 votes
Voyage stats (mid-level base and mid-level rolls yielding strong voyage utility)
13%
uss_bonaventure[NDQ] Joker41NAMNS111111[DB - Do Better]   ProwlerThurthorad[DB:LOL] eXo | KurrostanzaIshmael MarxGogusSisko's Self-Sealing Stembolaya [FF] 9 votes
Stats will disappoint in all aspects (expected popularity eclipsing need for elite stats)
57%
Peachtree RexAviTrekAmphistaffRocpile[QH] OxmyxAlthea BiermonteXo | SilverRose (retired)Jim Steelebarrydancer[SJ] Admiral AkiAntasil[SSR] GTMET12345678 of 123456789AggeFutureImperfectaDrone_oneDraiken78[S47] ELiLJax2UF[FF] Frylock IBOL17 40 votes
Other (please share)
4%
Captain_WhoZombie Squirrel Cmdr Sinclair 3 votes

Comments

• Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voyage stats (mid-level base and mid-level rolls yielding strong voyage utility)
    I'm inclined to think his best value ends up being for voyages.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stats will disappoint in all aspects (expected popularity eclipsing need for elite stats)
    This is what I expect, not what I want. I want a good Voyager.
  • Stats will disappoint in all aspects (expected popularity eclipsing need for elite stats)
    It boils down to:

“This character is super popular in the franchise - it will sell without the need for power creep”

vs

“This character is mostly unknown/unloved - let’s give it super-duper stars to ensure it sells”.

I hope I’m wrong. I hope that give Spock the stats he deserves.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    If he does somehow get great stats, there will definitely be more than a little eyebrow raising.

QYRWCL7.gif

I’m still watching to see who will win my money’s on Valeris
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Other (please share)
    What i hope: 1 status 1200+ base(CMD)

What i expect: 1 status 1100+ base , 2nd around 1k and a 3rd with 500 or so.

So not a great status, but also not a horrible one. Average is my guess.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Stats will disappoint in all aspects (expected popularity eclipsing need for elite stats)
    Hey they made Commander Spock a 1* crew - what does that tell ya? Hoping for SCI/CMD/DIP combo but not expecting much. Hopefully some nice artwork so he immediately replaces 50% of avatars.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spock will sell in spite of whatever stats they give him.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like a COM/DIP/SCI monster for voyages - yes, a little different order than most are suggesting but that’s because I have a pantsload or DIP/COM crew, only a couple COM/DIP crew, and no faith that AND shuttles have truly been fixed.

What we’ll get is probably a two-skill DIP/SCI proficiency-heavy crew that isn’t quite good enough to be worth using in the gauntlet on a regular basis.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    The stats will really depend on if it's WOK Spock or TUC Spock. He's a Captain in both, so the name would reasonably apply either way. In WOK, Spock is commanding the trainee ship and then serves as Science Officer/First Officer on the Enterprise. That deserves CMD/SCI/DIP with CMD/SCI being similar and DIP being smaller. By TUC, Spock is the diplomat arranging peace with the Klingons. He serves as Science/First Officer, but he was really more of a diplomat than anything. So I would say DIP first and then CMD/SCI as similar secondary/tertiary skills.
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i for one hope captain spock, the most mature and fully realized version of the most important character in the franchise....has stats comparable at least to first time we ever see her hoshi :(
  • Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's "Star Trek 6: The Undiscovered Country" Spock, as I've already had a key item on my Dabo that lets the cat out of the bag.
  • Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    They will try to capitalize on their new pay to win shuttle feature so something big.
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They will make him a two star...

Every time people were enthusiastic about someone they created a card with bad stats.

Minuet great art cool character - two skills
    Vreenak - two skills
    All Quarks are bad.
    All legendary Odos are two skills.
    Behind enemy line Sisko is mediocre at best.
    Bashir is a weaker version of primate Cornwall (bad art makes her look like a primate)
    All Qs are mediocre.
    Changeling Martok was a disaster and I was saving both chronos and dilithium for him.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's "Star Trek 6: The Undiscovered Country" Spock, as I've already had a key item on my Dabo that lets the cat out of the bag.

I find this news to be... disappointing. I'm sticking to my prediction that his combined stats will be voyage-worthy, but my enthusiasm for the potential artwork just took a hit. I dunno, I guess I just like WoK better. We'll see soon enough.
    If this^ were to happen ......

spock-tumblr_mob6ytixfi1rrmsvvo3_250.gif?w=640
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please share)
    Don't care. After the last few months of DBacle, if he's not so stellar as to instantly grab me and require effort, then I'll forget about him after first glance.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't care. After the last few months of DBacle, if he's not so stellar as to instantly grab me and require effort, then I'll forget about him after first glance.

If he is that good, would you trust DB to NOT Nerf him and create an even bigger mess?
    Farewell 🖖
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please share)

If he is that good, would you trust DB to NOT Nerf him and create an even bigger mess?

Touche. We'll see if start the vent on time and feel like wasting time boosts on a kickstart Thursday morning. I guess it depends purely on availability and whim now : /
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Captain Spock, stats aside, should be a trait monster.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    trnvohmm863a.gif
    Let’s fly!
  • Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭
    trnvohmm863a.gif

Dang that is creepy. Either he is a statue that only moves the hand, or that gif is totally awesome.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see a new thread about his stats, so this is as good a place as any. I am unimpressed and not going all out in the event. I will try to get the new threshold rewards though. That looks good, at least.
    @everyone

The Bajoran Gratitude Festival is in full swing, with the Dominion having been invited to join in as a gesture of goodwill. However, just as the inhabitants of Deep Space Nine are writing their renewal scrolls, a small commotion breaks out in Quark’s...

Event Name: Peldor Joi
    Event Type: Faction Event
    Event Start: Thursday, 11/15 at Noon ET (17:00 UTC)
    Event Finish: Monday, 11/19 at Noon ET (17:00 UTC)

Squadrons: Y
    Crew Sharing: Y
    Faction Winner Bonus: Y
    Community Rewards: N

New crew:

Captain Spock (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 11/15.

Fully Fused Fully Equipped Level 100 Skills:
    CMD 1058 (253-578)
    DIP 479 (103-211)
    SCI 1025 (101-226)

FE 1/5 level 100
    CMD 668 (253-578)
    DIP 254 (103-211)
    SCI 577 (101-226)

Traits: Starfleet, Federation, Exobiology, Musician, Astrophysicist, Human, Vulcan, Telepath, Special Envoy

Penk (New) 4*
    CMD 282 (122-256)
    ENG 805 (119-243)
    SEC 559 (128-263)
    Traits: Scoundrel, Crafty, Resourceful, Villain, Brutal

Weyoun Clone 6
    CMD 373 (47-115)
    DIP 471 (79-201)
    Traits: Vorta, Dominion, Diplomat, Clone, Communicator, Tactician
    Farewell 🖖
  • I don't see a new thread about his stats, so this is as good a place as any. I am unimpressed and not going all out in the event. I will try to get the new threshold rewards though. That looks good, at least.
    @everyone

The Bajoran Gratitude Festival is in full swing, with the Dominion having been invited to join in as a gesture of goodwill. However, just as the inhabitants of Deep Space Nine are writing their renewal scrolls, a small commotion breaks out in Quark’s...

Event Name: Peldor Joi
    Event Type: Faction Event
    Event Start: Thursday, 11/15 at Noon ET (17:00 UTC)
    Event Finish: Monday, 11/19 at Noon ET (17:00 UTC)

Squadrons: Y
    Crew Sharing: Y
    Faction Winner Bonus: Y
    Community Rewards: N

New crew:

Captain Spock (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 11/15.

CMD 1058 (253-578)
    DIP 479 (103-211)
    SCI 1025 (101-226)

FE 1/5 level 100
    CMD 668 (253-578)
    DIP 254 (103-211)
    SCI 577 (101-226)

Traits: Starfleet, Federation, Exobiology, Musician, Astrophysicist, Human, Vulcan, Telepath, Special Envoy

Penk (New) 4*
    CMD 282 (122-256)
    ENG 805 (119-243)
    SEC 559 (128-263)
    Traits: Scoundrel, Crafty, Resourceful, Villain, Brutal

Weyoun Clone 6
    CMD 373 (47-115)
    DIP 471 (79-201)
    Traits: Vorta, Dominion, Diplomat, Clone, Communicator, Tactician

Definitely disappointing stats for Spock. But then I shouldn't be surprised.