Home Make It So!
Options

What's on your Fleet Management Wish List?

edited November 2018 in Make It So!
Hello fellow Captains,

As a squeaky new admiral of the Delta Flyers, I have greater admiration for our former admiral every day. However, as each day passes, I notice how ineffective the current fleet page is for communicating fleet goals; coaching new captains; and sharing tips related to crew slot management, events, or Cadet Challenges.

DF has a core set of players, but as we welcome captains of all skill levels and have some turnover, effective fleet communication is a priority. I hope DB monitors these forums as I am sharing my Fleet Management Wish List, and I look forward to your ideas.

1. Daniels Lock: Thank you to @Banjo1012 who started the forum on having the ability to lock rooms with a Daniels style lock. I support this idea as a way to guide overall fleet goals. It could be as simple as an icon that the Officers click in the same fashion for Fleet Recommended rooms. Or, as other captains noted, give the admiral the ability to move resources.
2. Prioritizing rooms: No matter the order that I click the Fleet Recommended Icon, the rooms always come up in the same order. Quite often, the first room viewed is the first room filled, even if that room doesn’t follow the instructions in Message of the Day. If a drop down menu for ordering isn’t an option, how about the first one clicked is the first one that shows up in the Fleet Recommended Zone?
3. The Admiral’s Brief: Give the Admiral a pane on the fleet home page to post information on the upcoming events, tips on crew management, or general fleet expectations. This pane could be placed right next to the Fleet Goals pane.
4. Message of the Day: That area needs fixed. It often cuts off the admiral’s avatar/name. Maybe that pane needs to be slightly larger so it can accommodate a larger font.
5. Admiral/officer chat: Create a chat channel that the entire fleet can see, but only the admiral/officers can post. As you know, the fleet chat falls off after ten or so messages, and congratulations or general information for the fleet gets lost.
6. Change fleet/squad names: Enough said.

What other ideas do you have for improving fleet management/communication? I’d love to hear them.

I wish captains, squadrons, and fleets success! May the behold be ever in your favor!

={DF}=M’rahl

Comments

• Options
    The new-car-smell has come off of my admiralship, but I agree that this is an excellent list of desires.

Additionally, I would like to see the ability of the admiral to be able to reassign a squadron leader. I have had some static squads that have had the leader be away when the event starts and there is no crew-share. It would be great to not have to disband and reconvene a squad to change the leader.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello fellow Captains,

As a squeaky new admiral of the Delta Flyers, I have greater admiration for our former admiral every day. However, as each day passes, I notice how ineffective the current fleet page is for communicating fleet goals; coaching new captains; and sharing tips related to crew slot management, events, or Cadet Challenges.

DF has a core set of players, but as we welcome captains of all skill levels and have some turnover, effective fleet communication is a priority. I hope DB monitors these forums as I am sharing my Fleet Management Wish List, and I look forward to your ideas.

1. Daniels Lock: Thank you to @Banjo1012 who started the forum on having the ability to lock rooms with a Daniels style lock. I support this idea as a way to guide overall fleet goals. It could be as simple as an icon that the Officers click in the same fashion for Fleet Recommended rooms. Or, as other captains noted, give the admiral the ability to move resources.
    2. Prioritizing rooms: No matter the order that I click the Fleet Recommended Icon, the rooms always come up in the same order. Quite often, the first room viewed is the first room filled, even if that room doesn’t follow the instructions in Message of the Day. If a drop down menu for ordering isn’t an option, how about the first one clicked is the first one that shows up in the Fleet Recommended Zone?
    3. The Admiral’s Brief: Give the Admiral a pane on the fleet home page to post information on the upcoming events, tips on crew management, or general fleet expectations. This pane could be placed right next to the Fleet Goals pane.
    4. Message of the Day: That area needs fixed. It often cuts off the admiral’s avatar/name. Maybe that pane needs to be slightly larger so it can accommodate a larger font.
    5. Admiral/officer chat: Create a chat channel that the entire fleet can see, but only the admiral/officers can post. As you know, the fleet chat falls off after ten or so messages, and congratulations or general information for the fleet gets lost.
    6. Change fleet/squad names: Enough said.

What other ideas do you have for improving fleet management/communication? I’d love to hear them.

I wish captains, squadrons, and fleets success! May the behold be ever in your favor!

={DF}=M’rahl

Yes, please and please again!
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    tytlaltytlal ✭✭✭
    1&2: how about a pool of donations , which admiral can assign to any room/spot, but while that might go into overload of poly and thrilitium and sure shortage of holoE, a sign for prefered donation or even replicating one to another? just a wild guess
  • Options
    We also need a secondary command officer chosen by the admiral who is capable of all abilities of the admiral in case of vacation or unexpected absence or disappearance.