Home The Bridge

Image Captcha

I play three games on what might be different platforms - 1) Steam, 2) Bluestacks and 3) on my Android tablet (not sure of the platform. Only one of my games, the one on Steam, is constantly plagued with the image captcha. Why is that happening?

Comments

• Because it's.....Steamed up. 6h0ujdy18rfr.gif
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've not seen them on my phone. I suspect they are put where it is easiest to automate.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few things might be at work here. I'm not exactly sure, but these all seem reasonable enough.

Since Steam is desktop-based, it's much easier to run mouse recorder software and is very easy to automate things compared to the other platforms. As such, they may actively be testing steam users more often.

Alternately, they may have some amount of analysis that attempts to detect "automated behavior". So you may be significantly more consistent while playing on the steam platform than on the others.

Lastly (and I think, most likely) you've just gotten unlucky.
  • I actually did get an image capcha... first recipient built of the day. Curious time to fire one off...
  • A few things might be at work here. I'm not exactly sure, but these all seem reasonable enough.

Since Steam is desktop-based, it's much easier to run mouse recorder software and is very easy to automate things compared to the other platforms. As such, they may actively be testing steam users more often.

Alternately, they may have some amount of analysis that attempts to detect "automated behavior". So you may be significantly more consistent while playing on the steam platform than on the others.

Peachtree Rex - I believe your observations are quite plausible, except for the unlucky part. I hit the lottery at least every week for significant sums. Naw. Just kidding :) Hey! Government eyes and ears, I was just kidding.

I understand why DB put the image captcha in play and I support it 100%. I just couldn't understand why it was not happening on my other devices since my delay in playing is about equal.

I also wanted to see what would be the result if I did not answer correctly, but since it was happening on my main game, I did not want to take that chance.
    A few things might be at work here. I'm not exactly sure, but these all seem reasonable enough.

Peachtree Rex - I believe your observations are quite plausible, except for the unlucky part. I hit the lottery at least every week for significant sums. Naw. Just kidding :) Hey! Government eyes and ears, I was just kidding.

I understand why DB put the image captcha in play and I support it 100%. I just couldn't understand why it was not happening on my other devices since my delay in playing is about equal.

I also wanted to see what would be the result if I did not answer correctly, but since it was happening on my main game, I did not want to take that chance.

I believe you get two chances and boots you from the game if you get the second one wrong.

I doubt there will be any long term consequences of failing unless you fail it ALL the time, resulting in some sort of bot-investigation.
  • Well, I stand corrected. I just got the image captcha on my Bluestacks game (which is also running from a PC platform). I am now going to break/fix it.

Yes Peachtree, you are correct. Two attempts and it forces a restart.

ogawx63kyy37.jpg

I really do not see how forcing a reboot is going to thwart the use of macros.

Meanwhile, the rich get richer.

The purpose of macros is to keep playing the game indefinitely. Adding in a captcha will (very likely) cause said macro loop to fail.

No, it doesn't make it impossible to run a macro, but it makes them significantly less effective (or at least forces the user to monitor them more closely).

A captcha is a low-level defense tool that is relatively simple to implement. Hopefully (at least for me) a future update will make the competition themselves more dynamic favoring actual human strategy rather than endurance (where a human will always lose to a machine).