Home Engineering Room

Known Issue with 6.1.0. on Android: No more device notifications?

2»

Comments

• edited November 2018
    Update: Had app open when shuttle missions completed and next dilemma occurred. Got notification for dilemma but not shuttle missions.
    Samsung Galaxy s9
    Android 8.0.0
    ST:TL 6.1.1
  • After updating, I am now getting notifications for shuttles and dilemmas.

Samsung Galaxy S5
    Android version 6.0.1
    STT Version 6.1.1
  • Update 2:
    Recalled my voyage after the last post, and started 7 new shuttle missions. Got notification of the voyage returning, but did not get one about the shuttle missions ending, with app closed

Samsung Galaxy s9
    Android 8.0.0
  • Update 3:
    Started a new voyage and new shuttle missions after the last post. I got a notification of the first voyage dilemma, but did not get one about the shuttle missions ending, with app closed

Samsung Galaxy s9
    Android 8.0.0
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I woke up this morning and saw notifications. I didn't make any other changes. My shuttles and voyage returned after midnight. Maybe that was when the update took effect for my device. We'll see if I get them consistently now.
    Farewell 🖖
    Ok, I'm am still getting notifications. Thank you, DB! (Shan, please pass along my gratitude.)

Since the problem is solved, I bought my pack.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Update 4:
    After a few more rounds of testing, I am definitely only getting notifications for voyages, and not for shuttle missions at all. I've run 2 shuttle rounds after updating from start to finish and haven't been notified of them completing.

Samsung Galaxy s9
    Android 8.0.0
    ST:TL 6.1.
    edited November 2018
    I just realized that I also am only getting notifications for Voyages. It's a step in the right direction, but we're not back to where it should be.

Motorla Z2 Force
    Android 8.0.0
    STT 6.1
    Farewell 🖖
    I got one shuttle notification. Odd that it happened sporadically.
    Farewell 🖖
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    To make sure we are on the same page, please make the distinction between the pop up and the sound alert for those notifications. Thank you.
    I have been getting sporadic shuttle notification pop-ups. The voyage pop-ups are reliable so far. I think I heard a voyage notification sound. I've had to keep my phone on silent, so I cannot speak to the shuttle sound notifications.

The visual pop-ups are what I would really like to have back especially.

Motorola Z2 Force
    Android 8.0.0
    STT 6.1
    Farewell 🖖
    Notifications are seeming consistent now.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Shuttle notifications work, but voyages mostly not. But the 6.1.1 update is still not available in the Amazon app store...
  • I am now getting pop-up notifications for all events, but the only ones that are timely are dilemmas, so kind of back to the old normal. I do not know how long the low antimatter or shuttle notifications are delayed but it is at least an hour. The notifications for shuttle completion and low antimatter that I have gotten have all occurred while I was asleep.

Samsung Galaxy s9
    Android 8.0.0
  • Notifications still hit and miss even after the update, mostly miss.

Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro (SM-T320)
    Android v4.4.2
  • Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    12 hour voyage crashed and burned with no notification on a Samsung galaxy or my ipad.

Edit: double checked notifications, they are turned on for both devices.