Home The Bridge

What the ? Is this the new norm for Galaxies ?

edited November 2018 in The Bridge
Just turned in my accumulated Rares getting ready for the final push tonight and chew up my vast hoard of Chronos, only to see that I'm just shy of the top threshold (~129k) and I'm only sitting at 13000 place ! Only 12000 to drop (like that's going to happen).

What is everyone parked at threshold and if I hit 131000 pts I'm down to 5000th place or something, or has the Data DBarcle taken it's toll, with everyone who got him by mistake has now zoomed ahead in this event with accelerated crafting of Rares.

Obviously I'm only considered a Second Class customer (without the freebie Data) , so I guess I'll have to find something else to do tonight (and maybe in the future) after I turn in my rares on my second account and threshold-and-out.

Good one DB, nice uneven playing field (not that it was ever even, but up against P2W is understood and accepted ).

Comments

• HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you elaborate, because I don't get it. I play mostly as F2P and I find Galaxy most friendly to F2P players. I was above 1000th place severa times without very great effort.
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand your question. If your asking where Threshold is I think its around 300k at the moment, 4-500k is probably 'normal' though last weeks galaxy hybrid was in the 600,000th's if I remember correctly.

Im not sure this week will be as competitive as last, though there are a few who want Weyoun for a push for Spock next week.

I'm happy though at threshold and out as another 1/5 clogging up my roster is not needed.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll bite ...

1. Rank 10k is about right for "Thresholds-and-out" for Galaxy events ... and seeing as you're not yet there, you are at a perfectly normal rank I'd say.
    I know this because I've been tracking my placing (and score) for events since Gods & Masters (March 2017). I almost always go Threshold and out for Galaxies, this is the first time I'm trying for top 1000.
    So, once you hit 131k VP you should be around 9k-11k I'd reckon.

2. I don't have HMS Pinafore Data ... am basically f2p (see other thread) ... so would be considered a "second class customer" by your definition ... and am sitting at rank 565 as I write this ... so no to your question.
    Would Data have helped out? Yes, for sure. But what would have been better is if I'd played the event Sat. and Sun. ... I think I only crafted 12 items over those two days because of the amount of time a Galaxy can take up and the little I have for the game due to my personal situation.
  • Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    132K, 7430nd place right now, if that helps
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been finding that competition is really light in this event.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is fairly heavy around 1100 if you want all 4 Seven cards.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've immortalised TA Seven a while back, don't have the chrons to compete for weyoun and then I won't have them to level him so he'd be no good for next event even if I tried, gotta love linked rewards:

Sacrificial Lamb, Legendary of Interest, Sacrificial Lamb, Legendary of interest, I eagerly await what the next Sacrificial Lamb will be announced this week.

TLDR: Threshold and out, 139470 and ranked 5134 currently and moving on down (and moving on down, nothing can stop me).
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    130,710 points here and an uncommonly high 10,953rd place. Most pure Galaxy events I end up somewhere between 13,000 and 15,000.
  • I’m at 141,445 vp and am in 4,952 place. If I had the time this morning I may be able to make a push but it’s not worth the resources for another 1/5 when I have Seven and Airiam immortalized now.
  • Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    The numbers mentioned above by others are consistent with my placing as well when I go threshold and out for galaxies. It just depends where you are above threshold when you cash out your last builds. If you want more copies of the 3* you can probably craft another 15-20k worth of VP to move up a bit and get 2 or 3 stars. If the 3* is new, you might get a little more competition for the 3/3 tier.
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ranked 89th. I didn't have Pinafore Data. I had 2/4 TA Seven.
    Not a P2W Vs F2P argument here.
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • edited November 2018
    My rank in galaxy events where I took a threshold-and-out approach:
    • Orion's Belt (Oct. 2017): 8787
    • Passing the Torch (Nov. 2017): 12899
    • Fast as Light (Nov. 2017): 10048
    • Founders at War (Feb. 2018): 7919
    • Consolation Prize (Mar. 2018): 8406
    • Prime Directive 2 (Mar. 2018): 15140
    • A Quiet Coup (Jun. 2018): 11006
    • Kosst Kejal (Jul. 2018): 11116
    • New Providers (Aug. 2018): 11032
    • Family Tree 2 (Sep. 2018): 7347

Some ups and downs there, but as a rule taking the thresholds tends to rank me anywhere from 7,000 - 15,000 in the overall standings. Your placement is pretty consistent with past events.

Edit to add: I also sometimes go a little bit past the thresholds, just because I figure there's going to be a logjam right at that number. As I think about it some more, 10K and lower is probably more realistic at the threshold level than those better-than-10K finishes.
  • Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scoring is up overall in all event types, but Galaxy is most notable. Since the introduction of Voyages last year, scores are up over double.

Case in point, the average event winning score for a Galaxy event pre-Voyages? 1.56M VP.
    The average winning score for a galaxy event post-Voyages? 4.1M VP.
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scoring is up overall in all event types, but Galaxy is most notable. Since the introduction of Voyages last year, scores are up over double.

Case in point, the average event winning score for a Galaxy event pre-Voyages? 1.56M VP.
    The average winning score for a galaxy event post-Voyages? 4.1M VP.

And post skirmish introduction it’s closer to 6-7 Million
  • That's a lot of tappy tap. My thumbs are freaking out just thinking about it.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/