Home The Bridge

New Joseph Sisko Is Just a Hook You Will Spend 10,000 DIL Trying To Get Him

Shan admin November 13 in Starfleet Communications
FE/FF level 100 DIP 1006 (317-644), SCI 988 (133-272)
FE 1/5 level 100 DIP 616 (317-644), SCI 540 (133-272)

Traits: Human, Resourceful, Caregiver, Chef, Federation, Civilian, Communicator
The new crew in the packs is just a carrot. When you buy the packs you rarely get any of the 5 *s advertised. I tried 4 times and got 3 Jennifers and a Jake. Last week 13 times and not 1 5* crew. Giant money grab

Comments

• The chance for a legendary character is 1.27%, as it states in the drop rates. This has not been changed in any pack since the drop rates have been published.
    5qyzhbcrj8xz.png

Those are for 1 premium pulls, the 10 premium pulls guarantee at least 1 4* or 5*. We don't know what the ratio is but looking at the 6500 dil packs (where it's 90% 4* and 10% 5*), we can assume that that is the ratio. So in reality it is not 1.27%. The real percentage should be: 9*0.0127+0.1= 0.2143 which is 21.43%, so roughly 1/5 650 dil packs should give you a 5*.
  • That actually is for buying 1 at a time, not a 10x pack.

The % for a 10x pack is not known. They never gave that info out. It is believed to be 90% chance for a 4*, 10% for a 5*. But as far as we know, it could also be 99.9% for a 4* and 0.1% for a 5*
    The chance for a legendary character is 1.27%, as it states in the drop rates. This has not been changed in any pack since the drop rates have been published. Drop rates for the guaranteed character are of course higher, but still overwhelmingly in favour of the 4*.
    5qyzhbcrj8xz.png

• Actually.. have you noticed that if you get a behold on the 2nd to last, the last one will always be a behold as well. Or if the 3rd to last is a behold, then the last two will also be a behold.

This happens but is not always the case.
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Space I have found it to be that way every time
  • Kahless I pulled 13 times and got 0 5 *'s
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually.. have you noticed that if you get a behold on the 2nd to last, the last one will always be a behold as well. Or if the 3rd to last is a behold, then the last two will also be a behold.

In normal premium pulls (no featured crew) if you get a purple in the first spot no beholds for the rest of the pack, if the first spot is a blue or schematics then all your beholds will be in a row at the end, so if you get a behold in the third to last slot the next two will also be beholds.

Packs with Featured crew are different and have have beholds randomly mixed in anywhere.
  • Paladin 27 wrote: »
    Actually.. have you noticed that if you get a behold on the 2nd to last, the last one will always be a behold as well. Or if the 3rd to last is a behold, then the last two will also be a behold.

In normal premium pulls (no featured crew) if you get a purple in the first spot no beholds for the rest of the pack, if the first spot is a blue or schematics then all your beholds will be in a row at the end, so if you get a behold in the third to last slot the next two will also be beholds.

Packs with Featured crew are different and have have beholds randomly mixed in anywhere.

This does not match my experiences in the normal premium portal.
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kahless I pulled 13 times and got 0 5 *'s

Happens all the time. There are many here with 20-30+ pulls where no 5 drops.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    The chance for a legendary character is 1.27%, as it states in the drop rates. This has not been changed in any pack since the drop rates have been published.
    5qyzhbcrj8xz.png

Those are for 1 premium pulls, the 10 premium pulls guarantee at least 1 4* or 5*. We don't know what the ratio is but looking at the 6500 dil packs (where it's 90% 4* and 10% 5*), we can assume that that is the ratio. So in reality it is not 1.27%. The real percentage should be: 9*0.0127+0.1= 0.2143 which is 21.43%, so roughly 1/5 650 dil packs should give you a 5*.

Another item to note, which was a hard lesson I learned while setting a bunch of money on fire for Gary Seven: any of the 5* crew in the pack have that overall drop chance. A specific 5* will be lesser yet.
  • Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    I have started getting more and more 4* beholds where all 3 crew are immortalized so I approach all pulls only as a source of honour. If I buy any 10 x 10 packs it's to speed up honour collection and anything above that becomes a welcome bonus. It is was it is, kind of like the Guantlet. I only buy an event or special pack when I am looking for a 4*. The rare 5* then becomes a bonus to be happy about instead of losing on 10+ pulls.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    There's a reason I made my snarky post in the other Sisko thread. I need Gabriel Bell more than I need Best Selling Author Jake or even Solar Sail Sisko. I'm willing to pull if I need 2/3 of the 4*'s. Especially if I really like the crew.

It doesn't help that I have a substantial amount of the game's 4*'s. I'm missing only 6 of them and two of those are Voyage only. Three of the others are not in the portal yet. If I'm not willing to gamble a little then I definitely won't get anything.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    There's a reason I made my snarky post in the other Sisko thread. I need Gabriel Bell more than I need Best Selling Author Jake or even Solar Sail Sisko. I'm willing to pull if I need 2/3 of the 4*'s. Especially if I really like the crew.

It doesn't help that I have a substantial amount of the game's 4*'s. I'm missing only 6 of them and two of those are Voyage only. Three of the others are not in the portal yet. If I'm not willing to gamble a little then I definitely won't get anything.

Just curious, which super rares are you missing? It sounds like we are in a similar boat.
    xulaypv7rmqx.jpg

I am missing 8 4* crew with the addition of Penk, so typically I only need seven.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Ivanstone wrote: »

Just curious, which super rares are you missing? It sounds like we are in a similar boat.
    xulaypv7rmqx.jpg

I am missing 8 4* crew with the addition of Penk, so typically I only need seven.

My hat is off to both of you. I thought I was doing well on the 4* crew front but then I went through the vault and found the following:

Owned but not FF and/or FE
    Pugilist Q
    Tourist Quark
    Wedding Quark
    Penk (to be FF’d this weekend)
    Mutant Paris
    Donatra
    Duchamps
    Mirror Vic
    Friar Tuck Data
    Fierce Guinan
    Arex
    North Star Archer
    Doctor Chapel
    M-113 Creature
    Kurn
    Mirror Jadzia
    Nevesa
    Klingon Neelix
    Anij
    Prospect Burnham
    Smuggler Kasidy
    Gabriel Bell
    Time Loop Fake Mudd
    Anbo-jyutsu Riker
    Lt. Ash Tyler
    Cardassian Kira
    Ambassador K’Ehleyr
    Jannar
    Forra Gegen
    Armed Georgiou
    Cadet Wesley
    The Clown
    Prisoner O’Brien

Not Owned
    Ensign Picard
    Irumodic Picard
    Colonel Worf
    COP Founder Archer
    Dr. McCoy
    Malik
    Tarquin
    Marshal of France Q

I have a loooooong way to go.
  • Nice, I never thought to use the cryo room to check who I was missing.
    Three 10x pulls = 2 Jennifer and a Jake

au89x4dpz3td.png
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now, this is an easy fix and I'd pull a lot more, as would others. offer 10x the honor for crew dismissed while they're in an offered pack or event crew.

Now, while it still takes too many to be worth much, redundant and unwanted crew from portal pulls aren't completely worthless and don't tick me off as bad.

But with the pittance of honor dismissed crew give, it's simply not a risk I'm willing to take. I'd be money ahead playing the frikken lotto or feeding the one armed bandit.
  • Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rule of thumb to whales and DIL card savers alike:
    Do NOT pull from the Tuesday 3x3 packs unless you are prepared to get a purple, likely one you already have immortalized.

My personal version of that rule:
    DO NOT pull from a pack unless you would legitimately be fine with any of the featured options dropping. I miss out on a lot of packs that way, but a lot of buyer's remorse as well.

Mine is a bit more extreme: I need stars on any of the featured characters. No new cards, no room for that. Needless to say, it doesn't happen often, but if there was an opportunity I'd take it.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    xu2pp2fumtfl.png

As a Michelle Yeoh fan I'm super annoyed that I don't have her.

VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • I have started getting more and more 4* beholds where all 3 crew are immortalized so I approach all pulls only as a source of honour. If I buy any 10 x 10 packs it's to speed up honour collection and anything above that becomes a welcome bonus. It is was it is, kind of like the Guantlet. I only buy an event or special pack when I am looking for a 4*. The rare 5* then becomes a bonus to be happy about instead of losing on 10+ pulls.

I've never thought of myself as an "average guy," but in this case, I couldn't agree more! :D