Home Make It So!

Let our scans save a crew life!

Here's my idea - how about if, when we scan, one of the possibilities is that we can find recently airlocked crew (airlocked by other players that is - not talking about the re-enlist feature).

There are many ways this could play out. For example it might be that we would have to be scanning in the same region of space within say a one hour period from when that crew got airlocked. There are many ways this could be tweeked to get it to give the % chance of getting a crew that DB think fair and fun. And it would be another way for players to get rare crew eg. gauntlet only crew or voyage only crew (now that multiples drop in voyage - there will be airlocking!)

It would be a nice bonus if we could pick up a much wanted crew member that way - one person's airlock is another person's best hope!

The crew life you save could be your finest shuttle captain!
“Holodeck 2 tomorrow, 1600 hours. Just you, me and a tuning fork”

Comments

• GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    The truth is it would be ridiculously over-complicated for it to literally be crew someone else just dropped. Plus we call it airlocking, not DB. So it would go against their dismissal "story." Although, that being said, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to add random crew drops to scans. One or two star crew, maybe the occasional 3*, Why not?
  • Fair point - but I think even DB have used the phrase airlocking - perhaps by mistake lol. Clearly it would be possible to set it up any number of ways - wouldn't have to be crew that went out the airlock- that's just my storyline fantasy of it. Personally I think it should be any crew at all up to and including a 5 star to make it fun. Not saying the scans should rain new crew down on us though! Just the odd bonus drop. Consider how rarely dabo drops crew unless you dil it up! Can be similar drop rate. Or say at the drop rate of a single basic pull.
  • So you WANT to re-acquire one of the 40,000 Wesleys floating out there on any given hour? :D
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭
    I thin it would be fun to find a Thomas Riker every now and then.
  • So you WANT to re-acquire one of the 40,000 Wesleys floating out there on any given hour? :D

Was hoping for something better - but there’d be a certain satisfaction in re-spacing him!

YES.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • I think that adding some 1* and 2* crew to the rewards table for scans would be a good enhancement. New players would especially benefit by helping them establish their cadet crew. I don't think it would need to include any 3* crew.
  • Well, RNGeesus sent me a 6th Caretaker the othe day. I’d like to think that if I space him someone else will have a small chance to get him. So I think it would be more interesting if there was a small chance of getting 5s, 4s, gauntlet and voyage crew.

YES.

Hahaha. Loving that answer!