Home The Bridge
Options

Who else considers trainers as a reward in Gauntlet insulting?

Who else considers trainers as a reward in Gauntlet insulting? 118 votes

Yes
77%
Warrior Willouss_bonaventuresorinevAviTrekCaptain_WhoCaptainUnderpants[DSEF] dax0rSabine of AthensCaptain DurfRocpile[TUFG] Siguard[TFA] Celeres[TFA] Commodore Wizzlestixscruffy151[QH] OxmyxAlthea Biermont[TLA]  84wb[DB - Do Better]   ProwlerKTzNero84 92 votes
No
7%
abegheer1RaraRacingSMMOdo MarmarosacapncalhounMúspell[BAD]FlayThorozar Veterinary Phlox 9 votes
Indifferent
14%
[7TW] UnkieBPeachtree RexZombie Squirrel [QH] He-Who-MeowsJim SteeleCaptain QLegendary SpacemanCFOHSilverknightGib - Admiral MarinersIronagedaveCaptain Romarguest_912693915394048Dr. Creon (¥SA)Adieasypeasy5000 QuatloosRen~ 17 votes

Comments

• Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    The gauntlet rewards are definitely in need of a refresh, given all the other changes and additions made to the game in the past two years.
  • Options
    Yes
    I consider most rewards in this game insulting.

It would be good if the devs could, as well as dreaming up new events, crew and ships to sell us, perhaps freshen up the old cadet missions, voyage dilemmas and other features that have effectively become dull daily chores.
  • Options
    Yes
    I do now, but I didn't when I was new. I looked forward to them, even with voyages. After about 6 months I couldn't even pretend they were useful. It would be nice if we could trade trainers for honor. I'd give 100 blue trainers for 1 honor and count myself as a winner in the deal.

I have more trainers than I can use and they mostly get burned as replicator fuel. Agree it would be good to convert them to honour but with DB's stingy nature it would likely be 100,000 blue trainers for 1 honour, if you look at the cash in value for crew. I mean you need 50k honour points to buy a citation for a crew member who's cash in value is 550 honour. WTF is with that? Honour points for cashing in crew should be at least doubled, or else halve the cost of citations.
  • Options
    Yes
    Everything about Gauntlet is broken on some level, which is probably why I’m so lackadaisical with participating in it.
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs
  • Options
    DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Trainers are like no reward at all, if they are going to have them at least reduce the percentage chance
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I actually don't care so should have voted "indifferent" but no, they're not insulting ... irritating yes, but not insulting.

It would be nice if trainers did not drop from streak boxes when you get to 21+ wins or from final rank reward boxes that are Gauntlet Chest or better (Crate & Vault) ...

But would I prefer 0* or 1* equipment instead? ... I don't really care ... the only stuff I'm looking for is Merits (to convert to Honor) and those drop from different boxes anyway, or portal pulls.

Poor
    Trainers.
    Equippable equipment. Not needed, as I've only got 2 crew left to level. And if I'm missing something, I either farm (see below) or replicate with above trainers.
    Chronitons. Not needed, I have quite a stash and don't know what to do with them. There's only so much pre-Galaxy farming one can do before one becomes completely numb to the game, so I try to limit it.

Mediocre
    The Caretaker? Not needed, he finally dropped for me this past week. Sure, would love to add stars but not really bothered either way. Eventually, extra copies will mean 550 Honor, so I'm okay with that. I did hope to win him one day, but let's be realistic, they're not going to change that probability even if they do change anything regarding trainers.

Good
    Portal Pulls. Even though they often lead to more equipment, they can lead to Honor, which is one of the better rewards (and should be available in the boxes!).

But hey ... I've never like the Gauntlet so ...
  • Options
    Although it can be difficult to win a streak of 3 trainers are only really useful to me if they're gold (possibly purple)
    And I've been here a month or so. Of I want blue trainers I'll go and spend some chrons.

They should replace trainers with honor.
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday I got a 5* star equipment for the legendary which I really needed that was so awesome!
  • Options
    IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    I definitely do not need any Trainers from the Gauntlet, but I think "insulting" is a bit too strong of a word to use to describe them there. ;)
  • Options
    Yes
    Trainers are just another form of replicator ration.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indifferent
    Annoying yes, but instulting no.

Insulting would be finishing 1st and getting casings, incense, databases and no chronos. Thats happened to me more times than I can count!

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Yes
    I consider most rewards in this game insulting.

True dat!!
  • Options
    Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Rather get trainers than some of the basic gear that drops, but I normally have trainer shortage. Eventually I will be at a place where they are replicator fuel too, then will be in the same boat as the majority.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Yes
    It's like going trick-or-treating where every house hands out toothbrushes instead of candy. It's like yeah, you technically got something for free you didn't have before, but it is pretty worthless and upsetting that you went to all the trouble and money buying a costume and getting dressed up with the expectation of getting candy, only to get a basket full of stuff you absolutely do not want and cannot use.

Is getting trainers as a "reward" the dictionary definition of 'insulting', not really, but it is REALLY close.
  • Options
    kapukapu ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Yes
    considering I have all the trainers except gold ones maxed at 32767 they get destroyed instantly :DD
    And gold ones are sitting currently at 29,5k.... they are worse reward than 1000 credits lol

basically empty lottery ticket, 'Better luck next time'
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indifferent
    Trainers in gauntlet insulting... someone clearly doesn't get enough 30 or 60 intel drops in their skirmish events.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Indifferent
    Depends, for my new 5 day old toon, i luv the trainers. But for my 3 other toons i find it horrible. :D
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indifferent
    The entire game has mediocre rewards across the board - except when it's community rewards time or a skirmish event. The gauntlet is just a symptom, not something special. Would I like better rewards? Yes. Do I think it's going to happen? Not with this company.
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I dont like them, but if you are insulted by them it's time to reassess your priorities
  • Options
    Indifferent
    I want to say yes, but not with "insulted" as the word to describe my feeling. However, if I received a dollop of poo as the reward, then yes, that would make me feel insulted. Unless it was from Spot, then I would have it bronzed.
    In the immortal words of Spock: "Live long and prosper"
  • Options
    Yes
    Not really "insulting", but too bad to feel "indifferent". ;)
    Interested in being part of the TLA fun?
  • Options
    Indifferent
    What is insulting imho is assuming that everyone is at the same "level" of playing the game and that trainers are unimportant or not needed by some players. How quickly we forget what it was like to be a fresh faced, new player inundated with a ton of new crew that needed to be trained. ;)
  • Options
    5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indifferent
    What is insulting imho is assuming that everyone is at the same "level" of playing the game and that trainers are unimportant or not needed by some players. How quickly we forget what it was like to be a fresh faced, new player inundated with a ton of new crew that needed to be trained. ;)

Hear, hear! ‘And”... by the time I had acquired enough good crew to compete in gauntlet, I had gotten to the point where voyages drop more trainers than I can use. By the time I had gotten to where I could compete effectively in events, most of the ranked rewards at my play level (after the 1000 legendary) were of little value. The whole game calibration in terms of difficulty vs reward needs an update ...
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indifferent

As a 3 months old player, I can assure you that they don't help because you don't win 3 games in a row until you have a crew that doesn't require that many trainers anyway, and that 3 to 6 blue trainers are a drop in the ocean when you do need them. They are fillers.

That's the story of this game, only people who don't really need given rewards get them.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Indifferent

Luckily for those players there are a lot more ways to get trainers than there once were. The things are everywhere...

;)