Home The Bridge
Options

Fleet/squad Tools

I am sure this has been mentioned before? But Does DB ever plan to update the Fleet controls to include the ability to see daily donations, because as it stands now as leaders we are pretty blind. Would be nice to ensure that the entire fleet is contributing equally, and able to enforce that they are, and appreciate the ones that do.

Or at the very least, make holoemitters a bit more attainable, which I know has been talked about since forever.

Comments

• Options
    Id like to know as well.. Seems like crucial info compared to all the other stuff that they do allow us to see?
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    It really sound like no. These tools and QoL upgrades are very low priority for DB.

For example, look at the replicator, the sound problems, the item cap. DB very clearly believes that having a properly working game isn't keeping away any players.
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    the community ended up programming the fleet leaderboard on our own, because DB showed no signs of having it on their priority list.

I'm not sure what you want to see as far as daily donations go. I usually check to see if most people have done at least "35" under daily activity (20 components donated = 1 point). Are you looking for a separate pull down for "donations" ?

Holoemitters are attainable, these were from 1 or 2 skirmish events alone

tv6c5df1twg1.jpg
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    the community ended up programming the fleet leaderboard on our own, because DB showed no signs of having it on their priority list.

I'm not sure what you want to see as far as daily donations go. I usually check to see if most people have done at least "35" under daily activity (20 components donated = 1 point). Are you looking for a separate pull down for "donations" ?

Holoemitters are attainable, these were from 1 or 2 skirmish events alone

tv6c5df1twg1.jpg

Daily activity groups everything together as far as I know, so there is no way to distinguish what the points are for? therefore there is no way to see if any specific person donated, unless they have full points for the day.

Sure holoemitters are attainable, but I would say from experience the drop rate is significantly lower for them than any other part, which in turn creates a bottleneck which many fleets encounter.

Its easy to gain a large group of holoemitters when you are saving up and spend it all at once on skirmishes, but then there are many days during the saving period where you have 0.

I realize DB doesn't realize prioritize the way gamers might, and are usually more interested in the bottom line, I was just curious if they had spoken on the subject.

• Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeanWins wrote: »
    I realize DB doesn't realize prioritize the way gamers might, and are usually more interested in the bottom line, I was just curious if they had spoken on the subject.
    No, principally because they cant make money out of micro transactions for developing fleet tools. Unless they start charging dil to see who's donated what, which they might do, after all Ryan Air charge people for oxygen masks.

DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I brought up the donations issue in our fleet chat Saturday. I’ve been worried experienced players are filling up the easy items to acquire and new captains don’t have enough of the hard items to get.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    I am against an implementation where only the admiral or officers could see who contributed to what. Transparency is key!
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Personally, I don’t mind if only the admiral and officers can see specifically “who” donates “what”. If fleet leadership is worth their salt, they should be talking with members about contributions and how the fleet needs that to look going forward. In relation to the new items we can earn, it would be nice if leadership could see and try to steer those for maximum efficiency.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I don’t mind if only the admiral and officers can see specifically “who” donates “what”. If fleet leadership is worth their salt, they should be talking with members about contributions and how the fleet needs that to look going forward. In relation to the new items we can earn, it would be nice if leadership could see and try to steer those for maximum efficiency.

Sounds like the army but not a team. I prefer to work and play in the latter.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options

Sounds like the army but not a team. I prefer to work and play in the latter.

To each, his or her own.

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    I am sure this has been mentioned before? But Does DB ever plan to update the Fleet controls to include the ability to see daily donations, because as it stands now as leaders we are pretty blind. Would be nice to ensure that the entire fleet is contributing equally, and able to enforce that they are, and appreciate the ones that do.

Or at the very least, make holoemitters a bit more attainable, which I know has been talked about since forever.

I'm sure WRG will get right on that. Right after they introduce an 8th and 9th currency into the game as an even more compilated way of obtaining crew.
    01000010 01101001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01111001 00100000 01101101 01100101 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01100001 01110011 01110011 00100001
  • Options
    I am against an implementation where only the admiral or officers could see who contributed to what. Transparency is key!

I personally have no problem with everyone seeing it. As long as it can be SEEN.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sure WRG will get right on that. Right after they introduce an 8th and 9th currency into the game as an even more compilated way of obtaining crew.

...and adding a few more buttons...
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭

I personally have no problem with everyone seeing it. As long as it can be SEEN.

I would have agreed 3 days ago. Today, after 2 very active fleet mates quit so close to the feature release I think that being constantly tracked by your fleet might cause mass quits as some people could hate being monitored and bothered by the admiral for being "lazy" constantly. :(

• Options
    Surely the first requirement of fleet membership is to do the dailies? The vast majority of which can be done in in a few minutes, albeit requiring 3 log ins at least 3 hours apart during the day, coming down to 2 with the scan requirement dropping to a single instance.

This game allows you to log in to you account from multiple devices, I do get that some can be very busy in their lives, but a minute or two with your mobile sat on the toilet gets one of those log ins sorted, surely everyone has to find the time to sit on the toilet at least once a day regardless of how hectic life can be?

I have my routines (not based on toilet breaks) that has worked very nicely for the past 2 years that I've been playing. I owe those in the fleet that built the starbase that I gain percentage points from to help with my daily stuff and events.

I also get that those that have been around 3/4/5 years and built the starbase have 'paid their dues' and shouldn't be chased for a slack day (or 3) each week.

Fleets need to find a balance, it may well look good to have up to 50 L90+ players who may or may not come together for any given event, but that don't need the honor or chrons or for that matter a means to get cards that they already have or simply don't want. Where does that leave all of us?

My main account has no interest in this new feature (but I'll still do my dailies), my alt needs a Martian or Stranded Quark to progress in Galaxy Missions, one will drop eventually one way or another, but I certainly won't be buying.
  • Options

...and adding a few more buttons...

The new interface will look something like...

8d0xi7puqhwu.png
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself