Home The Bridge
Options

Where'd the new threshold rewards tiers go?

What happened to the new level of rewards in thresholds?
The honor, more supply kits, shuttle tokens, etc..? Didn't make it? Only a one time thing?
The rewards threshold in last event was killer! It needs to be brought back or a regular part of TR.
Shan, can you shed some light with an explanation? Thx.

Comments

• Options
    The announcement said it was only for shuttle and hybrid shuttle / galaxy.
    [SSR] Sorin08
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, boo on you, DB. Boo.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still at least it means I will be done with the event by tea time!

DB: Do Better
  • Options
    sorinev wrote: »

I beg to differ. This was the communication from Shan last week before last event. Read carefully, doesn't say only faction or hybrid faction events.
    It says a new reward structure. Period.
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/12086/server-release-notes-11-13-and-faction-event-threshold-rewards-changes#latest
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skirmish/galaxy and especially pure skirmish are the events with the highest average VP totals, and could benefit the most from extended reward tables. Yet they get nothing, at least not this time. I have to say I am very disappointed, and this is definitely something that should be addressed before the next Skirmish.
    On the plus side, there will at least be community rewards so I can submit one recipe and get all the fruits for zero effort.

DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    Still at least it means I will be done with the event by tea time!

Or Turkey time if in the U.S.😉
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

I beg to differ. This was the communication from Shan last week before last event. Read carefully, doesn't say only faction or hybrid faction events.
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/12086/server-release-notes-11-13-and-faction-event-threshold-rewards-changes#latest

Sorinev is correct.
    Threshold rewards changes for Faction events, and hybrid Faction/Galaxy events.
  • Options
    Ya, my bad. Guess it does say it.
    Still disappointed. Should be in all event types to raise the bar in events and get players more competitive. IMO.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    What if there's a faction/skirmish or faction/expedition? Still count?
    BTW, need more expedition events! The galaxy and faction get stale after a time.
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still disappointed. Should be in all event types to raise the bar in events and get players more competitive. IMO.

As the communication from last week also said:

"Likewise we are also planning on some similar changes for other types of events."
  • Options
    barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    LAME!!

Hella Lame.
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭

As the communication from last week also said:

"Likewise we are also planning on some similar changes for other types of events."

Yeah they add new monetization without new content and then they fail to deliver on the second part of the promise, which is kind of the most important to us. DB is worse than EA, at least when EA wants more money they have the decency to give new things to do in return. That's quite a feat right there.
  • Options
    Yes I am disappointed but think about it, how many changes do you want them to make at the same time. The more changes they make the more likely that things will go wrong. This form of hybrid hasn't been done before so that is enough of a risk on it's own.
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mark D wrote: »
    Yes I am disappointed but think about it, how many changes do you want them to make at the same time. The more changes they make the more likely that things will go wrong. This form of hybrid hasn't been done before so that is enough of a risk on it's own.

That's not a good excuse. First thresholds work all the time, as far as I know, then they always have a QA department, at least in theory.
  • Options
    Well, there has already been some backlash because this event will take place over Thanksgiving and because it's a Skirmish/Galaxy hybrid. I'm sure that if they had increased the threshold rewards, there would have been just as many upset people as there are now, if not more.
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW, need more expedition events! The galaxy and faction get stale after a time.

I can get onboard with this. PLEASE tell me we have an expedition event coming up this December. We've had them the last two
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mark D wrote: »

DB doesn't need to change things to mess them up, trust me.

How many faction/galaxies have we had? What happened to the bonus crew in phase 2 last faction galaxy?

They actually seem to pay more attention to newer stuff, tbh. Like it actually warrants QA.
  • Options

Well, there has already been some backlash because this event will take place over Thanksgiving and because it's a Skirmish/Galaxy hybrid. I'm sure that if they had increased the threshold rewards, there would have been just as many upset people as there are now, if not more.

I think the answer may lie in how the last event shaped up. DB is probably now looking at how the new rewards structure played out versus the new offers, (hopefully) the feedback from the forums and Reddit, and considering accordingly.

For that matter, a Skirmish/galaxy hybrid is an event type they have no statistical sales data on. Adjusting rewards now gives no useful baseline nor feedback. (Also, the whole holiday weekend thing throws it for a loop anyway.)
  • Options
    I thought the new threshold structure was great. A little bit too high, but a great start. I certainly expected galaxy and galaxy hybrids to have a new threshold structure on par with that. Again, it would promote participation and likely increase the 1000VP range. The community rewards would make the threshold rewards less tantalizing though. There may be changes there to offset that rather than reduce the value of participating in faction events.

Skirmishes provide rewards as the event progresses which changes the equation again. And with the (likely) community rewards from the galaxy phase of this hybrid, it could be a lot more lucrative than going threshold in factions.

I think faction threshold rewards need to be increased to bring them back on par with the other event types, myself. The chance of a fourth copy of that new card (even through an event pack pull) or something. As it stands, skirmishes are the only event where your rewards continue no matter how much you play. Perhaps small rewards could be incorporated into the other events too to make up for that.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options

I'd love to believe you, but releasing new rewards, a new way to rent shuttles, and a highly desired crew all at once clouds the data to the point of being nearly useless. DB has no way to know which change drove sales without running each change independently.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    LAME!!

Hella Lame.

jw8mzkjpydci.png
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.