Home Make It So!
Options

Voyages: New Ships – Need to wait to put them in play

So I ran into the weirdest Voyage ship requirement this morning: A Hologram Ship. Yes, there is only one, Captain Proton Rocketship. We just got that in the latest Skirmish, but unless we spent a small fortune on schematics during the event, there is NO WAY to level that (plus the other 4 ships obtained from skirmishes.)

I strongly suggest to DB they have a cool down period for the new ships before they are used in Voyages, much like the new crew not being in the portal for a length of time.

Either that or drop schematics for those ships in the Voyages!
I want to become a Dilionaire...

Comments

• Options
    While I'm less concerned about the ship trait cool down... We already have of ship traits that will never get you 2650 (eg Maquis ships)... We definitely need an improved way of getting schematics if we continue to see new ships introduced. Voyage drops are one possibility. Getting these ships into dabo would be better.
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Introducing new ship schematics into Dabo would be a big help - I can’t imagine it would hurt DB’s bottom line either, given that suckers buy the schematics packs and the rest of us just wait until portal pool updates.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    RogueAngyl wrote: »
    While I'm less concerned about the ship trait cool down... We already have of ship traits that will never get you 2650 (eg Maquis ships)... We definitely need an improved way of getting schematics if we continue to see new ships introduced. Voyage drops are one possibility. Getting these ships into dabo would be better.

You are absolutely on the right track, but instead of keeping Maquis, etc. (the ones that never get above 2000) let's just axe those ships from the Voyages altogether! (okay, in thinking about this, they may need to keep them in for newer players.)

Better yet, let's get a "refresh" button on the beginning of a Voyage, so we can get RID of those unusable ship traits. I would gladly spend 5 or 10 Dil to bump my Voyage from sub-par 7-ish hours potential, to 9+ hours with the correct ship.

I am sticking ot my guns about the cooldown period though. How many players even have a new ship from Skirmishes above level 5? Level 3?
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    How about this: equalize all ships antimatter amount according to their level, not their rarity. So, when Maquis or Scout traits come up, related ships can have 2650 AM if they're maxed out.
    As it is now, these (and few others) traits are useless for any long-term player and this equalization would also be beneficial for newer players as well.
    With this, I wouldn't even mind occasionally getting traits which doesn't match any of my ships but traits for ships I have maxed but are useless because those are low-tier ships is quite frustrating.
  • Options
    KTzKTz ✭✭✭
    +1
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better yet, let's get a "refresh" button on the beginning of a Voyage, so we can get RID of those unusable ship traits. I would gladly spend 5 or 10 Dil to bump my Voyage from sub-par 7-ish hours potential, to 9+ hours with the correct ship.

I am sticking ot my guns about the cooldown period though. How many players even have a new ship from Skirmishes above level 5? Level 3?

Here's a question.

How the **tsk tsk** are you getting 2 extra hours out of the 150 AM bonus?

150 AM is 7 minutes if you're lucky when you're failing all hazards.

Honestly, I don't think the 150 AM is that big of a deal. It's going to do a lot more for someone without any 5* ship than it ever will for me with my maxed out 5* ships.

Anyway. Continue on with the pitchforks, torches, rabble, etc.