Home The Bridge
Options

I am tired of the TNG theme

S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2018 in The Bridge
Could you please give us an option for changing themes?

I would like a DS9 theme for a change then when I become sick of it I could switch to an Archer's theme.

That TNG theme is making me sick even when I am watching an episode of TNG!!!

Comments

• Options
    Lol the theme of this thread is amusing
  • Options
    I don't get the sound clips. I wanna here vreenak. Where can I here them?
    "I am First Omet'iklan and i'm dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar. Remember: victory is life"

VIP-Level: 14
    Fleet: [GER]StarFleet
    Immortals total: 437; 23 Legendaries; 257 Super Rare; 79 Rare; 51 Uncommon; 27 Common

Collections: Rare; Uncommen; Common; Live Long and Prosper; Do no Harm; Chain of Command; The neutral Zone; Valor in Combat; The Daystrom Award; The Eugenic Wars; Rules of Aquisition
  • Options

How about the Wrath of Khan theme?
    https://youtu.be/ABzyN4PoqnU

Voyager might not be my favorite Star Trek series, but I have to admit, they have one of the best opening themes.
    https://youtu.be/KtVXAugaSm0

I'd love it if they could set up rotating opening music for the game, but it might make the game file too big. Also, does DB have the rights to all the Star Trek music and themes?
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, this game does have a sound and it's a DB fault if you have turned it off...

Star Trek has awesome musics and sound effects and DB has managed to make it so annoying that most of you are turning the sound off...
  • Options
    Themes would actually be awesome.

Hell even mixing it up without a choice might encourage me to turn sound back on...
  • Options
    It's all because of Wesley.
    Starfleet Commission: August 12, 2017
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    How bout the Enterprise theme. It would fit well there. (I feel the tomatoes being thrown at me)

I, like you, am in the clear minority and enjoy the Enterprise theme.

I would be pleased if they rotated.

However, I play with the sound off.
  • Options
    how about any of the mirror themes?
    "Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig" Lazarus Long, Time Enough for Love, R.A. Heinlein
  • Options
    agree. the theme songs got way better after tng.
  • Options
    [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    I have played for months with the sound off. Seems to help preserve my battery. I wouldn’t know if it changed unless I read it here. I’d listen a few times and shut it off again.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vreenak9 wrote: »
    I don't get the sound clips. I wanna here vreenak. Where can I here them?

If you have him in your crew and have the sound turned on, all you have to do is tap on him in your crew screen and the sound clip should play. If you don’t have him or don’t want to bother turning the sound on, YouTube provides.
  • Options
    I'm always up for the TMP/TNG theme, but I agree rotating it through the other shows - at least the instrumental themes - would be nifty. Especially if we could get the In A Mirror Darkly opening theme for the rerun of the Mirror mega!
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    S31 wrote: »
    Star Trek has awesome musics and sound effects and DB has managed to make it so annoying that most of you are turning the sound off...
    I dont regard the music and sound as awesome otherwise why have i turned it off? Too many beeps between clicking, crew sound clips are too far between, ultimately "This game is played better on silent"

DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    [KM]Videm wrote: »
    For the record, we voted on the intro theme song during the beta period via survey and the TNG song won out. That’s why you have it today.

Well thank goodness for that lol.
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might be willing to pay dilithium if they'd read the clock when I login and play the Quark's piano bar version of the DS9 theme for after midnight/middle of the night logins.

[Won't let me post a link to the song because I haven't been around long enough]

Is it this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9bwnY05GoU
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or how to get everyone to turn off their sound:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlTMXiqbDZU
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    How bout the Enterprise theme. It would fit well there. (I feel the tomatoes being thrown at me)

I, like you, am in the clear minority and enjoy the Enterprise theme.

I would be pleased if they rotated.

However, I play with the sound off.

Na, please skip Enterprise*.

*(Enterprise worst Trek by far IMO out of TOS, DS9, Disco, TNG & Voyager)
    ÷Dr. Claire Finn - Admiral of the Battleship Yamato & Founder of both the Battleship Yamato & ISS Yamato
  • Options
    S31 wrote: »
    Could you please give us an option for changing themes?

I would like a DS9 theme for a change then when I become sick of it I could switch to an Archer's theme.

That TNG theme is making me sick even when I am watching an episode of TNG!!!

"Way to kill the franchise, Bakula." :D
    26lewkvl5lrj.jpg
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flemming wrote: »
    I might be willing to pay dilithium if they'd read the clock when I login and play the Quark's piano bar version of the DS9 theme for after midnight/middle of the night logins.

[Won't let me post a link to the song because I haven't been around long enough]

Is it this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9bwnY05GoU

That's really nice. And a piano version works much better than the full orchestral version, imo — in the latter, the abstract rhythms have always stood out rather oddly for me.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"