Home The Bridge
Options

Black Friday ;-)

Hi Shan / JazzRiker / DB / Steam,

Can you please advise if there will be Black Friday offers tomorrow?

I seem to remember Steam offered 20% off for Starter packs last year, and that DB also gave a 5* Crewmember for £8.99 but not 100% positive if that was the correct offer DB gave last year.

Can anyone else remember what DB did for Black Friday?

Regards V'ger

Comments

• Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last year was 15 10x packs, 3000 chrons and 2000 dil for 24.99. Up to 2 purchases. it went up on the day before thanksgiving.

I imagine we get something else today or tomorrow at noon eastern since elusive treasures is all we have seen so far.
  • Options
    How often are "elusive treasures" offered?
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kirki wrote: »

Since I've started playing (August 2017) I'm pretty sure I've only seen the Elusive Treasures offer three times.
  • Options
    IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Kirki wrote: »

Since I've started playing (August 2017) I'm pretty sure I've only seen the Elusive Treasures offer three times.

That might be right. I think I remember it offered only a few times between Sept 2016 and Aug 2017. Definitely less than 10 times in 2 years, with Thanksgiving and Anniversary (January) being the common timeframes.
  • Options
    For Black Friday I just hope we get the universal 10x10 purchasable twice offer. That's likely the only one I'll bite.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    Last year was 15 10x packs, 3000 chrons and 2000 dil for 24.99. Up to 2 purchases. it went up on the day before thanksgiving.

I imagine we get something else today or tomorrow at noon eastern since elusive treasures is all we have seen so far.

This was it, and then the Cyber Monday specials were not as good. So buy this one if you see it!
  • Options
    That makes 6000 chrons for the big spender right in front of an skirmish/galaxy hybrid??? oh lord...
    "I am First Omet'iklan and i'm dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar. Remember: victory is life"

VIP-Level: 14
    Fleet: [GER]StarFleet
    Immortals total: 437; 23 Legendaries; 257 Super Rare; 79 Rare; 51 Uncommon; 27 Common

Collections: Rare; Uncommen; Common; Live Long and Prosper; Do no Harm; Chain of Command; The neutral Zone; Valor in Combat; The Daystrom Award; The Eugenic Wars; Rules of Aquisition
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the comments, fingers crossed. Keep an eye out for Steam offer too as you'll get
    750 dilithium
    10x 10 premium packs
    250k credits
    300 chronitons

All for just over £5.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    10 for $5 would be a sweeter deal. No doubt they wont do anything like that though.
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    So I guess we'll know in an hour or so. I'm going to be severely disappointed if it's some plunder the galaxy offer that costs one of my kidneys.
  • Options
    Pretty sure they just updated something in the background, game was laggy for like 10 min..
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Doesn’t look like there’s anything - not even so much as half price Dabo!
  • Options
    tlljjobvd7t2.jpg

This is what they're doing for Black Friday?

Seriously?
  • Options
    AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    You see these old packs on most fridays. Either there is no black friday offer at all or it's still coming. This one just isn't it
  • Options
    Well ain't that something. Nothing. Not even a normal Friday offer. Guess they really want everyone to max out on the Elusive Treasure packs.
  • Options
    Disappointed if this is it. They could have gotten $15-25 out of me today for a decent deal.
  • Options
    That's pretty sad.
    "I am First Omet'iklan and i'm dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar. Remember: victory is life"

VIP-Level: 14
    Fleet: [GER]StarFleet
    Immortals total: 437; 23 Legendaries; 257 Super Rare; 79 Rare; 51 Uncommon; 27 Common

Collections: Rare; Uncommen; Common; Live Long and Prosper; Do no Harm; Chain of Command; The neutral Zone; Valor in Combat; The Daystrom Award; The Eugenic Wars; Rules of Aquisition
  • Options
    Would’ve been sensible for them to just throw all the deals on for one day. Better for them to sell a few 10 for 10s than nothing...
  • Options
    That's super disappointing. I was all ready to drop some $$. Oh well.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    There may still be something coming. Next week's event announcement isn't up, either.
  • Options
    I was kind of expecting a Black Friday deal at noon today too but nothing..... had my 10$ ready though :P
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping for something too.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    @Shan Should we stop expecting something? Also, could we have an eta on next week's event?
  • Options
    This is just...sad. FWIW, DB, "always leave them wanting more" does not equal "always leave them disappointed" grrr.
  • Options
    Well, elusive treasure packs don't exactly happen every day. And since the dil pack is available all week, that might be considered a black friday "week" deal. This is also the first time it guaranteed a legendary.
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, elusive treasure packs don't exactly happen every day. And since the dil pack is available all week, that might be considered a black friday "week" deal. This is also the first time it guaranteed a legendary.

Could be, but it’s probably a bit expensive for a lot of people. Surprised there are no smaller deals along with it.
    No giveaways either, which many games do over Thanksgiving and Black Friday.
  • Options
    Do you think we might be able to give the worker drones a break? I understand the desire to consume, but maybe we should be Thankful for what we have and, maybe, feeling generous toward others.
    Sigh, I know, too sermonizing....
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one needs to even be working. They can set these things up on a timer to trigger
  • Options
    No one needs to even be working. They can set these things up on a timer to trigger

Or prewrite it, log in for 45 seconds and hit "post."
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!