Home The Bridge
Options

Are "AND" shuttles still broken?

I could not find the old thread that had hundreds of comments on this being a problem. But, just noticed this DIP / CMD shuttle giving my Killy ( CMD only ) a better chance than Shras ( higher DIP + CMD )
tt9ex2scf2km.png

Comments

• Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not commentating on the status of the bug, but for Shras 1050 + (.25)(721) = 1230, still less than Killy.
  • Options
    Not commentating on the status of the bug, but for Shras 1050 + (.25)(721) = 1230, still less than Killy.

But wouldn't Killy be (.25)(1294) = 323 ?
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭

The display is what the formula is supposed to be, highest score plus 25% the lower stat. We know it was calculating as you suggested, first plus 25% the second. We think they have fixed it, but still have no confirmation that the displayed and calculated rates are the same
  • Options

Which suggests that the AND has been fixed.
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mark D wrote: »

It always DISPLAYED correctly, it was the back end calculation that was wrong
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭

Killy would be 1294...highest stat, not order, is what should get the full bonus if everything works as announced.
  • Options
    Killy would be 1294...highest stat, not order, is what should get the full bonus if everything works as announced.

Thanks, guess I didn't understand that until now.

• Options
    Mark D wrote: »

It always DISPLAYED correctly, it was the back end calculation that was wrong

Ah, must admit I have been ignoring the order for so long I had forgotten that.
  • Options
    pbertpbert ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure a different bug about displayed shuttle success still exists. I found my thread in ye olde forume where I had some difficulty explaining because I was doing the kickstart before I knew we called it a kickstart: https://forums.disruptorbeam.com/stt/viewthread/51070/

Basically the 2VP missions you go back to do will show % chance of success lower and duration higher than what they actually are. I haven't bothered to pay close attention to this for a while since that thread and at least one other raising the issue got no official response.

If that bug still exists it would at least confirm that the % displayed is not necessarily the % used to calculate success on the server, and give us as players cause to question whether the AND bug was actually fixed.
  • Options
    IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    I had some issues early on in last week's event. I was failing 1-2 missions every wave at the 2250/2750 level with 90+%. I had the same issue the previous faction event (the rerun of Captain's Oath), and I think I had more failures than expected at higher levels, though not many more. When I (finally) got up to 3500 this time, I carefully picked out the 4 missions I would run for the rest of the event and I made sure to consider the skill order, just in case the bug was back. I placed around rank 680 and it felt like I had an appropriate number of failures for 80-90% shuttles.

I made sure to pick crew whose highest stat was the first skill listed on the shuttle slot, with the exception of the Diseased Changling Founder and Dominion Dukat, since the primary and secondary stats are close together and I had no one else to fill in those slots. I know this is anecdotal, but I didn't want to take any chances with getting a character I wanted. I'll see what those middle VP levels look like next faction event if I assume the bug still exists.

I didn't have issues for a few events prior to Captain's Oath.
  • Options
    I noticed this last event that my lowest shuttle display rate varied between 75% at first then up to 80% then to 77% and back to 75% then to 77%. I always run the same 4 missions with the same crew. The other 3 I switched a few crew around after I leveled the new 4* so those shuttles improved of course. However the fourth shuttle should not have changed. I don't know if they changed something in the backend other than the new UI, but the variance in success of that one mission was definitely strange.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless this is some new bug, there is a solution: assume the old AND bug has not been fixed and make sure to load first/second crew instead of high/low.
  • Options
    Unless this is some new bug, there is a solution: assume the old AND bug has not been fixed and make sure to load first/second crew instead of high/low.

The problem arises when you have a bonus crew that only fits the reverse which would be fine if it calculated the way the displayed rate shows and how we were told should work but ends up failing way more than you would think. In this situation, you have to carefully consider to use a non bonus crew that fits better and has no bonus or to go ahead and use the bonus crew and hope for the best. It would be much better to know the truth IMHO.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

The problem arises when you have a bonus crew that only fits the reverse which would be fine if it calculated the way the displayed rate shows and how we were told should work but ends up failing way more than you would think. In this situation, you have to carefully consider to use a non bonus crew that fits better and has no bonus or to go ahead and use the bonus crew and hope for the best. It would be much better to know the truth IMHO.

Bonus or not, assuming the AND bug has not been fixed requires a little math on our parts. If a non-bonus crew with skills in the correct order can still beat a bonus crew loaded backwards with a 2x or 3x bonus, so be it...whatever it takes to maximize the true success chance.

In last week’s event, if a SEC/DIP slot came up and I only had, say, Kortar and Weyoun 4 left, the math would look like this (using all starbase/collection bonuses I have):

Kortar - 1342+0.25*448=1454
    Weyoun 4 - (325*2)+0.25*(704*2)=1002

Kortar is the better choice even without a bonus. If it were Kortar vs. Commando Shran, however, Shran’s total would be (353*3)+0.25*(734*3)=1609.5 and therefore he would be the better choice over Kortar.