Home The Bridge
Options

Giving Thanks

Apt title seeing as though it is Thanksgiving for our American cousins...

I was thinking about all the problems recently and complaints that lead to the release of the long awaited Captain Spock and Ent - A. The game has (and probably will) always had (have) its problems but there have been an awful lot of changes since the initial release that make it more fun/less tedious to play. So to lighten the mood and "give thanks" please list one change that you're particularly pleased with.

I'll start.

Being able to long press the trainer's. Do you remember when we had to press each one individually?! That has been a super improvement imho.

Comments

• Options
    Starbases having a reclamator. Now my fleet hasn't reached the point where we have no rooms to donate to, but i know a few of my fellow fleet admirals have reached that point/will reach that point soon so that is a welcome change.
  • Options
    [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    The replicator has saved much grinding time in leveling. That is my favorite feature and what I thank them for creating.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • Options
    Warp! Galaxies are still a grind, but they used to be so much more arduous going through each and every away mission and space battle.
  • Options
    The new rewards in threshold for faction events plus the shuttle tokens.
  • Options
    Citations, especially 5* citations, otherwise I would never have been able to have any 5/5*s.
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voyages have been the thing I'm most thankful for:

- you get to use crew that may not have high base scores for shuttles, but do have high combined and/or unusual traits
    - extra honor each day gets you to the next star or begold that much faster
    - all of the extra 2nd, 3rd and 4th stars on those 1/4s that have been sitting around...even though it does drop plenty of new 1/4s too!

Now if only we could replace the trainers as rewards everywhere with more honor...
  • Options
    AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    A thanks for a lot of the awesome art lately. In the last few months there have been very few disappointments in the art department, polywater yar being the last i can remember.

And so many great art cards:
    Captain spock ofc, Weypun 5, pinafore data, empress georgiou, professor sato, mirror shukar, tuxedo nog and quite a few more!
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I awesome'd almost every response above me. Replicator, warp, voyages, airlock-honor, citations, plentiful chrons, recent artwork - thankful for all of it.

Sure, some gripes remain with some of these - cough (airlock honor value) cough - but overall excellent.

In my day-to-day STT life, the replicator is the greatest development ever! But in thinking about which of these would be most painful to live without (and thus which I am most thankful to have), I'm going to say Warp. Especially considering that most of the crew needed to pass certain missions are frozen in the vault, the absence of Warp would be truly aggravating.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Antasil wrote: »
    A thanks for a lot of the awesome art lately. In the last few months there have been very few disappointments in the art department, polywater yar being the last i can remember.

And so many great art cards:
    Captain spock ofc, Weypun 5, pinafore data, empress georgiou, professor sato, mirror shukar, tuxedo nog and quite a few more!

I will throw a +1 onto this. We have had many complaints recently, most legit and some overblown. Thankfully, art hasn’t been one of them - recent art releases have either been good or amazing...keep it up, we appreciate it!
  • Options
    DippyDippy ✭✭✭
    Quick build. Building 5* equipment takes forever building each component individually.
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    Providing a game I have played for nearly 2 years daily.
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    I'm thankful for the mute and block feature to dismiss so called friends and well those others....