Home The Bridge
Options

Kinda Liking the Anti-Macro, Thought I Was Getting a Surprise Prize

Wow, BD, finally saw one of the new Anti-Spam efforts
I left game open, as i went and made coffee, did a couple side chores, taking a break from the game.
when i came back i got hit with it. i had initially, thought i had some how, received a special Time-Portal.
though i am glad to see the Anti-Spam has definitely stepped up,
i was at the same time a little disappointed i didn't get a prize.
that would make me look forward to getting hit with one of the Anti-Spam Q/A
maybe something like; a random faction item we have been needing, merits, or honor.??? LOL :-)
DB needs to fire the Ferrengi and higher more Engineers, Rom doesn't count.
[FSC] Peace Keepers
Gryphon [****] Adm

Comments

• Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had one pop up last night. I was incredibly sleep-deprived and was passing the time doing skirmishes when the anti-macro message appeared, and I had to touch the screen to indicate which character was Archer. I was not prepared at all for this decision and nearly picked the wrong character!
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, BD, finally saw one of the new Anti-Spam efforts
    I left game open, as i went and made coffee, did a couple side chores, taking a break from the game.
    when i came back i got hit with it.

That's exactly when mine popped up — first battle coming back after having had the game open but doing other stuff for awhile — first one of these I've ever gotten.

h9vnu3bvbana.gif

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    53tsvguj87sj.png
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Anyone have one of those nifty graphs that shows points per hour of the leaders?
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've now gotten 5 of these anti-macro popups — 4 of them coming right after I've come back to the game, having left it open while I did something else for awhile. That doesn't really seem like something that should trigger it, as a macro user wouldn't have that kind of downtime (if any).

• Options
    Quit GameQuit Game ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Data1001 wrote: »
    I've now gotten 5 of these anti-macro popups — 4 of them coming right after I've come back to the game, having left it open while I did something else for awhile. That doesn't really seem like something that should trigger it, as a macro user wouldn't have that kind of downtime (if any).

Yes, that is so weird. I would expect it to trigger when the user has been doing the same thing over and over again. But technically leaving the game inactive is doing the same thing as well which is probably what it picks up. That would explain why I haven't seen these popups because I frequently chat with fleet members and sometimes in the UC even during events. I can't just sit there mindlessly pressing the buttons like an Android.
  • Options
    Finally got my first one this morning. Like, the VERY FIRST thing when I turned on my iPad & clicked on event. LOL

5ffw7wzavccd.png
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    So far i always got it right after the start, but i havn t tapped longer than 1h straight this event....
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    [UFP] eljay[UFP] eljay ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    If ClickingBehavior = "Unknown" Then /* NOTE: Coming Soon™
    .....If RNG() < 3 Then
    ..........Alien = WhosYourDaddy(RNG())
    ..........If Alien then
    ...............GiveGrief(RNG())
    ..........EndIf
    .....EndIf
    EndIf
    Fleet: The United Federation of Pragmatists

Our mission: Active game play, without taking things too seriously. The only requirements are 1) Be Nice, and 2) Play regularly. ZERO chatting/social requirements - we’re mainly in it for the Squad, Fleet and Starbase Rewards.

We have a few openings left for like-minded Captains!
  • Options
    I’m curious to know what happens if you pick the wrong one...
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m curious to know what happens if you pick the wrong one...

A couple people have tested that out from the last event in which they appeared. After the 2nd wrong answer, it forces you to restart the game to keep playing.

• Options
    I finished a skirmish battle, opted for the reward over repairing my hull, and got my first anti-macro pop-up.

For about three quarters of a second I thought my reward was a Behold and was really exited. But even when I realized what it actually was I wasn't disappointed to see it was a Star Trek themed CAPTCHA instead. :smile:
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport