Home The Bridge
Options

Did you get at least one copy of the Caretaker?

I just want to see how many of those who were trying to get him actually succeeded.

Did you get at least one copy of the Caretaker? 168 votes

Yes
69%
Warrior WilloXanatharizausomePeachtree Rex<TGE> DangerDrakeCaptain DurfIkritRocpileBigstupidgrin[QH] He-Who-MeowsJim RaynorNS111111Jim Steele[TLA]  84wbCapt AjammElby780505Commander Sinclair[SJ] Admiral AkiVice Admiral StarfishKettleKorn 116 votes
No
27%
sorinevmilamber42[TUFG] SiguardNeos472[QH] OxmyxeXo | SilverRose (retired)Dragen(10F)GeekgirlCMCM624SMMbluetibcmdrworfsexy_lady=GBP= BearArachnia {BWN}guest_757423444811776GerryatricsEvilSkorpCaptain NateNoelH 46 votes
I rarely or never enter the Gauntlet, but I like polls
0%
(CSF) Jesus Is Lord [••••] 1 vote
I got so many that I started to airlock them
2%
SSR BarkleyIvanstoneFrank?[Deleted User]Captain Jengus 5 votes

Comments

• Options
    Yes
    Got one a couple months ago, and #2 yesterday.
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • Options
    No
    I didn't get Locutus, but he was available for a much shorter time and I got one Guinan without really putting much effort into it. I really wanted the Caretaker and did what I could to get long win streaks and decent ranks (as decent as it gets when you're asleep during the last three to four hours of the Gauntlet). From what I read on the forum, it seems like most players got at least one copy and mostly out of random win streaks and rankings. I made this poll to see if it's actually like that and I'm one of a few unlucky people or if he didn't drop that often after all.
  • Options
    EtienneEtienne ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Yes
    I got him immortalized

1 Locutus

3 Guinons
  • Options
    Yes
    I got one a few months in. It’s been a long dry streak ever since.
  • Options
    Yes
    Hoping to get 5th copy before he leaves
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Yes
    2 profiles: main one 3 copies, second one 2 copies + 1 with honor. I have him in both profiles 3/5. I was not playing Gauntlet a lot lately but knowing he leaves I have played these 2 Gauntlets with both accounts and I hope I will be winning the last two ones, I am first on both Gauntlets but I will not be investing Dilithium to win, I prefer a decent second place than a dirty first one!
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Just got him yesterday. Finally!
  • Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    No
    Just got him yesterday. Finally!

That's nice! I was hoping for something like that until I opened the last gauntlet reward a couple of hours ago. Got a few 3* trainers instead :(
  • Options
    Yes
    I ended up with 6. One immortalized, not sure whether to level the other as my first 5* duplicate or not?

2 Guinans, 2 Locutus with the third on the way in about a month.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Zero...how many times do I have to say Zero!
  • Options
    ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Just got my finally reward for the last Caretaker gauntlet. 60 chrons, some 3* trainers, 1* components, and an achievement for 50th place. No caretaker for me. :(
  • Options
    Seriously...im the only one atm to not really join gauntlet that much. Shocker. But in all honesty i have lifted my 'no gauntlet' ban i was in for the past 2 months. Returned to find the rng just as screwed up as when i left...HOORAY ME!!
  • Options
    Yes
    if you are not active in the gauntlet, you are missing out on another 200 honor per day (give or take.) I know that's not much, but it helps in the long run.
  • Options
    Yes
    I’m just curious what will become of Caretaker. Will he be in the gauntlet achievements? Honor Hall? I want to wait for the answer before citing him.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m just curious what will become of Caretaker. Will he be in the gauntlet achievements? Honor Hall? I want to wait for the answer before citing him.

Would be great if Shan or Erin or someone could give us an update on the Q&A answer from April...
    Will there be more chances to get Guinan and Locutus?
    Yes, old gauntlet jackpot crew will show up in the game at some point. For instance, there has been a pack that featured Locutus. That wasn’t enough, so we are talking about what our preferred method for introducing them to a larger population of players should be. We won’t be making it so that the time and effort people spent getting these characters out of the gauntlet is trivialised. So, at the very least, those crew will experience a period of exclusivity even after they are removed from the gauntlet.
  • Options
    Yes
    I got my first Caretaker the day he first appeared. It then took months to get the 2nd.

Then I got two more in the following week. That was back in summer and I’ve waiting for the fifth copy ever since.

Looks like I’ll have to use honour now.
  • Options
    Yes
    Immortalized.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Crew
    The Caretaker - 1 copy, about 2 weeks ago.
    Guinan - 2 copies (have cited her up to 4/5).
    Locutus - 1 copy (still 1/5).

Context
    I recently (last week) hit the 5000 rounds achievement ... am at 5055. I don't really like the Gauntlet.
  • Options
    No
    Well, I seem to be apart of the unlucky group that never got a Gauntlet Legendary. Seems my RNG chances take after my Love Life.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    That wasn’t enough, so we are talking about what our preferred method for introducing them to a larger population of players should be.

Haha...like it wont involve some skewed form of rng, and it most DEFINITELY wont involve time limited packs...

Oh wait this is db we are talking about...
    FAT CHANCE

Granted the first time the locutus pack made its debut i got him in the first pull, but i heard horror stories of people doing over $100 of pulls and not getting him.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Yes
    Just one from me, but at least I can cite him up if I choose. I feel sorry for those without him as he is a really good Gauntlet card, much better than Guinan Imho.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    AMDGAMDG ✭✭✭
    Yes
    One copy in 13000 rounds.
  • Options
    Yes
    I lucked out and received 4 copies throughout his duration. But I participate in gauntlet regularly.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Granted the first time the locutus pack made its debut i got him in the first pull, but i heard horror stories of people doing over $100 of pulls and not getting him.

That sounds like the usual Tuesday Pack Roulette experience. I did about $300 in damage to my credit card chasing Gary Seven, with a 3/5* Spider Barclay as an admittedly pretty okay consolation prize.
  • Options
    No
    Nope. None. Love that wacky RNG where some never get one, and others get enough to immortalize him twice. I have zero interest in Armus and his redundant skillset with Mirror Picard. Mirror Picard and Armus are like Gowron and Kahless - same skill sets, but with with the strengths in a different order.

Caretaker was a unique and critical skillset that I really needed. I have da Vinci 4/5, and he's great on voyages and shuttles, but his gauntlet utility is rare due to his low to mediocre proficiencies.
    [SSR] Sorin08
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭

That sounds like the usual Tuesday Pack Roulette experience. I did about $300 in damage to my credit card chasing Gary Seven, with a 3/5* Spider Barclay as an admittedly pretty okay consolation prize.

The Borg pack was even worse than the Tuesday’s. I think it had 6 golds so 1/60 at 650 dil for locutus. The Tuesdays are 1/30.

• Options
    No
    sorinev wrote: »
    Nope. None. Love that wacky RNG where some never get one, and others get enough to immortalize him twice. I have zero interest in Armus and his redundant skillset with Mirror Picard. Mirror Picard and Armus are like Gowron and Kahless - same skill sets, but with with the strengths in a different order.

Caretaker was a unique and critical skillset that I really needed. I have da Vinci 4/5, and he's great on voyages and shuttles, but his gauntlet utility is rare due to his low to mediocre proficiencies.

Given that the rewards are so random, I think they shouldn't leave a character for that long in the gauntlet. Those who got 5 copies of him will probably disagree, but to everyone who really put some effort into it and missed out, this is very frustrating. Especially since he was a really good gauntlet and voyage character, that most players now have, while some will never get him.

Or they could adjust the drop rates in such a way as to make win streaks and ranks more meaningful. That still wouldn't account for time zones and people who will never rank first due to them, but it would already be an improvement.

On the bright side, I guess I won't have to bother with the gauntlet for about a year now. I don't want Armus and it's not like I ever got anything really useful out of it anyway.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »

The Borg pack was even worse than the Tuesday’s. I think it had 6 golds so 1/60 at 650 dil for locutus. The Tuesdays are 1/30.

You’ve got me there. It makes me wonder how I did so well with the Elusive Treasures special deal, where I ended up nabbing two stars for my beloved Warship Tuvok when the chances of that happening are minuscule.
  • Options
    Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
    Finally got him last month. Took since the gauntlet started, of course, to win either of the three...
    Hurry up before those things eat Guy!