Home Make It So!

Making Inventory Searchable and/or Alphabetized

I'm not someone overly familiar with what you can/can't do in coding a game...

But with all my heart and soul, all I'm asking for this holiday season is for DB to make meaningful, useful changes to the structure and use of game inventory.

I'm stockpiling chrons and pre-farming for a Top position run in a future galaxy. But trying to keep track of how many of each Galaxy-relevant Item/Equipment I have is, 2+ years into the existence of the game, still largely a "scroll & see." Please, please, please, can we add at least either a search function or the ability to sort everything alphabetically, much like there is for crew?

There are 594 crew in the game, more than halfway to the total number of "unique inventory items" a captain is allowed to have (1,000). There has to be a relatively simple way to have the Inventory searchable in the same way as Crew Quarters.
[GoT] Drunk Shimoda
GoT Chief Communications Officer

Comments

• Agree
  • That would be great!
  • This would certainly make that aspect of the game less of a chore, and more like something we are supposed to enjoy!
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
    Chief Science Officer
  • I'm not someone overly familiar with what you can/can't do in coding a game...

But with all my heart and soul, all I'm asking for this holiday season is for DB to make meaningful, useful changes to the structure and use of game inventory.

I'm stockpiling chrons and pre-farming for a Top position run in a future galaxy. But trying to keep track of how many of each Galaxy-relevant Item/Equipment I have is, 2+ years into the existence of the game, still largely a "scroll & see." Please, please, please, can we add at least either a search function or the ability to sort everything alphabetically, much like there is for crew?

There are 594 crew in the game, more than halfway to the total number of "unique inventory items" a captain is allowed to have (1,000). There has to be a relatively simple way to have the Inventory searchable in the same way as Crew Quarters.

I completely agree but this post is over two years old and is still an issue.
    I have around 900 different items and a lot of which I don't need, things like specific crew items for crew that are immortalized and frozen.
    I find it a massive pain to scroll through the long list just to find an item or two that I don't need just to transfer into a replicator ration so as asked before please add an inventory search bar or filter to change the order into alphabetically listed.
    This would be a massive help and I'm sure everyone would appreciate it.
    Thanks
  • I am forever baffled by the lack of these recommended features. Mostly the alpha sort!
    Adding a couple extra category filters a while back was hardly something worth writing home about.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    IIRC, the inventory revamp was a “first pass” by DB in January 2020, before the change in the game’s ownership. Given the number of new spaceships that have come out of the production pipeline since then, for example, perhaps TP could allocate more resources for WRG to deal with the massive backlog of requested QoL improvements. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • ZorkZork ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    It would be great if there was a "show useless items" filter. This would make it much easier to find items to convert into replicator rations.
    It would include schematics for ships that are already at max level, and items for crew that are immortalised