Home Make It So!
Options

Awkward Skirmish/Galaxy hybrid setup

Hey, DB,
Since BOTH are chron and time intensive events, how about reversing them next time?
Put the Galaxy phase first and let space battle warps count as Intel farming in advance of phase two.

I mean really, we slam out the thresholds for Skirmishes in five minutes and then it's just grinding. With Galaxy first we'd have the new (maybe) 4/4 to work on and put on the bridge and
Wait for it, the best part here:
No sniping at the end. All Galaxy bonus items are finished by phase two and the win is determined by grinding.

(Conversely, a bunch of people get two extra days off if they didn't care beyond thresholds).

Comments

• Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m not sure I really follow here. Skirmish events are indeed time-intensive but if you choose the right ship battles to acquire intel you can knock out a lot of pre-farming for the Galaxy half of the event. And unless you’re struggling to win Skirmish battles while using any event crew of any fusion level, having a 4/4* isn’t that important unless the ship ability is excellent.

I do like your points about ship battles for Intel farming in the first half and doing away with sniping, especially the sniping - no other event type has this “feature” without the aid of a lot of dilithium.
  • Options
    Oh not at all, I kill it in Skirmishes, they're my strongest event type. I'm more annoyed about having to deal with Galaxy now.
    The "event" was over yesterday. Now everyone's just fighting for Layna and Burnham copies (free ten pack doesn't hurt either).
    But it's an exhaustive grind with no milestones and at the end you still can't bank on your score because someone will come out of nowhere with three hundred bonus item turn ins and blow me off the map.

If Skirmish was second I'd actually have some confidence that two god awful days of ridiculous investment was actually going to pay off.
  • Options
    Frankly, they've got traditional hybrids backwards too.

Run Galaxy first!!!!
  • Options
    Nah, keep it this way.
  • Options
    Keep it as is. With factions, I can run shuttles up to 12 hours into phase 2 and with skirmishes, I can threshold and out on my own schedule.
  • Options
    So.... Lazy and cheating methodologies define fairness policy.

Yep, I suppose that fits the status quo.
  • Options
    If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying. - Richard Petty

Galaxies let you pre-farm items as you wish, Skirmishes (and galaxies) let you stockpile as many chrons as you want, and Factions let you kickstart up front and open and run extras during the hybrids. I could be wrong, but I don't think there's much you can do to cheat on an Expedition. Maybe that's why we rarely see them selected as the event option.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭

Galaxies let you pre-farm items as you wish, Skirmishes (and galaxies) let you stockpile as many chrons as you want, and Factions let you kickstart up front and open and run extras during the hybrids. I could be wrong, but I don't think there's much you can do to cheat on an Expedition. Maybe that's why we rarely see them selected as the event option.

That would seem to imply that pre-farming, saving chrons and kickstart are cheating. They aren’t.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

That would seem to imply that pre-farming, saving chrons and kickstart are cheating. They aren’t.

One could maybe argue that the kickstart is an exploit but it is one that DB is uninterested in fixing, likely because it spurs competition and therefore spending. The others are certainly not cheating and expeditions are rare because the profit vs. effort ratio for DB is much smaller than the other event types, even when they mail it in on Expedition mission design by reusing the same layout each time.
  • Options
    muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭
    I like the way it is now. I enjoy that I don't have to spend resources for skirmish and then however short I am I can easily complete in the Galaxy portion. But I'm just trying to reach threshold not top the leaderboard.