Home The Bridge
Options

Undiscovered Faction

Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
This afternoon just after waking up, I checked my crew like a good captain, only my phone was apparently still snoozing a tad so I restarted it. When it was ready I launched STT to handle the voyage dilemma, run a scan, etc and when I went to send out more shuttles I realized I had to buy more Section 31 transmissions, so inside the shuttles screen I was just about to select the Section 31 logo when I noticed to the RIGHT of the Dominion logo there was an empty space for a NEW faction which was labeled "Undiscovered".

Naturally given my innate curiosity and also given my drowsy, non-caffeinated mental state, I clicked on that tab immediately to see what would happen. My game started "Hailing Starfleet" and never stopped. After several minutes I was forced to restart my phone again to break the loop, but when I came back that undiscovered new faction was gone.

Has anybody else noticed this, and either way, what could this mean? Just a simple glitch or perhaps foreshadowing?

Comments

• Options
    Bylo,

II have not but have seen other posts about it.
  • Options
    Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a glitch, shows up after events sometimes. A number of threads on it.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for replying, and sorry for wasting your time.
  • Options
    Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    Np, not a waste.
  • Options
    to save you the trouble of trying to suss it out, the UF is the place holder DB uses to keep track of win/loss ratios and VP mission rank for the faction events
    "Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig" Lazarus Long, Time Enough for Love, R.A. Heinlein
  • Options
    I popped in to ask about the same thing. Thanks for taking a bullet for me, Byloband!
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hasedoki wrote: »
    I popped in to ask about the same thing. Thanks for taking a bullet for me, Byloband!

Well, glad something positive came from this fiasco!
  • Options
    Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or!
    and hear me out here....
    There actually is a new faction coming SOON(TM)

One may never know....
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    DUDE! Frank is back!
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or!
    and hear me out here....
    There actually is a new faction coming SOON(TM)

One may never know....

Unity. Precision. Perfection.
  • Options
    Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    DUDE! Frank is back!

I left?
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    DUDE! Frank is back!

I left?

I was told you were retired. I was evidently misinformed.
  • Options
    Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I retired in that I stopped spending on the game because of CS being absolutely backwards to my household. Two pretty prolific spenders stopped any and all revenue towards DB and moved those dollars on to other properties, all because of how CS was handling a few very simple requests, of course compounded on top of almost 3 years of other pain points.

DB has made some attempts at correct action, but at this point, I need more than good faith to get me back in the spending game.
  • Options
    [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    I am glad Frank and Silver decided to stay on. The game or the forums wouldn’t be the same without either one of them. Hopefully there will be some effort to right some of the ongoing wrongs happening too frequently and some of the lost trust can be regained. It wouldn’t be difficult it would just take some humility on the part of a seller to their consumer base. And to get back on track, it would be great to see a new faction. New store, new chances to get different equipment.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite