Home The Bridge
Options

Any news about Mega Event?

Do someone have news or rumors about the next mega event? There are some links somewhere?
Thank you!

Best Answer

• Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018 Answer ✓
    Nothing has been announced at all yet. Considering their previous timelines, it should start next week and we should be getting a hint as to the theme and reccuring five star by Thursday at the latest (as full details would be announced on Friday).

Mountaineer Spock from ST V is the legendary reward this week, and would be the first five star of the mega event, which has led many to speculate it will be a TOS or movie event.

But this is all pure speculation, DB has been characteristically mum on all of this.

Answers

• Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    Considering their previous timelines

Pun... intended? ;)
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shan @JazzRiker Any hints?
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like we just got out of a mega...
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like we just got out of a mega...

Always feels that way to me. :smiley:
  • Options
    In the past they’ve been known to drop hints of the Mega well in advance so I can’t imagine one is coming next week, but who knows? If it is they would have to start dropping their hints now, like the silhouette of the recurring Mega.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the Hologram event, I think they did a teaser announcement with Minuet's silhouette on Friday with the official announcement on Monday. So, just a little longer to wait :)
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the date speculation is correct, we're already late for that. The teaser should have been last Friday with the announcement on Monday. We're now approaching the regular event announcement on Friday.

It's also possible with Discovery returning on January 17th that DB has a deal with CBS to run a mega in January to cross-promote the launch. Yes they could have done a Dec mega and a Feb mega running with Discovery, but if CBS asked for a Jan 17 or 24th mega, DB would alter their schedule.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    In theory it should be next week

The gap between Megas has actually seem to increase starting this year there were x2 4 week breaks between Megas, then 5, now the gap is 6 weeks currently, I can't envisage them delaying further otherwise it will be too close to the next mega event in the new year (eg February) unless the delay is for Discovery, in which case we may have a long long long wait.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭

The gap between Megas has actually seem to increase starting this year there were x2 4 week breaks between Megas, then 5, now the gap is 6 weeks currently, I can't envisage them delaying further otherwise it will be too close to the next mega event in the new year (eg February) unless the delay is for Discovery, in which case we may have a long long long wait.

The gap has always been 1 month on, 1 month off (except for between Klingon and STD1). We had a mega in October which means November is off and December is back to a mega.
  • Options
    Amphistaff wrote: »

The gap has always been 1 month on, 1 month off (except for between Klingon and STD1). We had a mega in October which means November is off and December is back to a mega.

In theory yes, but it all depends on how the days fall and i go by weeks, as there hasn't been a sniff of a hint perhaps the legendary card release is the new form of teaser, but if there isn't a mega event it will be the 6th week which will be well over the month mark.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭

In theory yes, but it all depends on how the days fall and i go by weeks, as there hasn't been a sniff of a hint perhaps the legendary card release is the new form of teaser, but if there isn't a mega event it will be the 6th week which will be well over the month mark.

It doesn't go by weeks, that's kind of silly. It's always been by calendar months regardless of how many partial weeks are in a month.
  • Options

It doesn't go by weeks, that's kind of silly. It's always been by calendar months regardless of how many partial weeks are in a month.

Uhm of course it goes by weeks thats what add up to months but if you count number of events between megas than you might as well be counting weeks far simpler.

Incidentally the teaser was only 3 days prior to the last mega event, 24th September the hint was released and event started 27th September.

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Except for February, weeks do not go evenly into months. The point is, if DB starts an event the first Thursday of every other month, the number of weeks between events will vary depending on how those extra days line up.
  • Options
    Mega will start next week... And the theme is gonna make you want to gouge your eyes out with a fiberglass spork while simulataneously stabbing your temple with a rusty icepick!
    [GoT] Drunk Shimoda
    GoT Chief Communications Officer
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Except for February, weeks do not go evenly into months. The point is, if DB starts an event the first Thursday of every other month, the number of weeks between events will vary depending on how those extra days line up.

There have been 2 instances this year where there has only been a four week gap between megas January and May - the best one can say there is a minimum of a 4 week gap between mega events, and they don't always start the first week of the month the Bell riots started the end of May.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018

There have been 2 instances this year where there has only been a four week gap between megas January and May - the best one can say there is a minimum of a 4 week gap between mega events, and they don't always start the first week of the month the Bell riots started the end of May.

First Thursday every 2 month, a new Mega starts, so of course the weeks between 2 Megas can vary, but the rules when a new mega starts are clear(every 2 month, until DB decides to change it). Doesn t require high math to get it. Imho. The mentioned Mega that started already May 30th instead of first week of June, was an exception.

Mega starts/ed:

October 4th
    December 6th

And 2019 the new DSC Mega will(most likely) start:

February 7th.

•SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options

First Thursday every 2 month, a new Mega starts, so of course the weeks between 2 Megas can vary, but the rules when a new mega starts are clear(every 2 month, until DB decides to change it). Doesn t require high math to get it. Imho. The mentioned Mega that started already May 30th instead of first week of June, was an exception.

Mega starts/ed:

October 4th
    December 6th

February 7th.

Last post on this
    https://stt.wiki/wiki/Events
    See Bell riots event
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, we can let the BurnWay jokes go for the moment. However, I think at least as much as being used too frequently (time to drop Spock in here now?) is the unappealing and inappropriate way the characters (especially Janeway) characters were illogically shoehorned into events.
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Burnham jokes were good because they stopped DB from giving us another Burnhams!!!
  • Options
    It's also possible with Discovery returning on January 17th that DB has a deal with CBS to run a mega in January to cross-promote the launch. Yes they could have done a Dec mega and a Feb mega running with Discovery, but if CBS asked for a Jan 17 or 24th mega, DB would alter their schedule.

I, for one, would not mind the delay one bit. I do not relish the thought of doing a mega during the entire Christmas/New Year season (I heard last year was...not fun), and if it means getting another re-run or two in the interim, so much the better.

Agreed. This year I am going back home for a week and a half, so that will put me out a whole event and seriously set me back for another.
    Back home for me is another country, so I don't have cell service except for wifi at the house. And being home for Christmas usually means we are out and about more often than not, so I wouldn't be able to check my game most of the time.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
  • Options
    Yeah, we can let the BurnWay jokes go for the moment. However, I think at least as much as being used too frequently (time to drop Spock in here now?) is the unappealing and inappropriate way the characters (especially Janeway) characters were illogically shoehorned into events.

I think it'd be Data, Jadzia, and Spock. So let's fly the Dadzia Spock jokes I suppose.
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it'd be Data, Jadzia, and Spock. So let's fly the Dadzia Spock jokes I suppose.

Too many Spockzia's. Check.
  • Options
    RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't forget Jean-Luc. I swear there was a brief period where we were getting a new version of Picard a day.
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    First it was Data, then Riker, then Janeway, then Burnham, then Picard briefly, then Data again, now Spock.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭

February 7th.

I agree. Have a couple of episodes of DSC before the event starts so that we can have crew without giving away spoilers.
    DSC Mega reoccuring 5* could be
    Spock.
    Pike.
    Number 1.
    Burnham.
    Ensign Kirk
    Or a Red Shirt that dies in Episode 4.