Home The Bridge
Options

Armus, Am I the 1st to get him?

2»

Comments

• Options
    The quest for more blue trainers begins.

Im not even sure I expect to get Armus this time around
  • Options
    I know DB says they play the game, but i do not see how that could be.

I don't understand how you can have a game function that is as unpredictable as Gauntlet and provides such outstanding rewards to some (fully fused 5*), and bupkis to others.

IMO Gauntlet is worse than either Polywater Yar and Data V combined.
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    adonibyte wrote: »

I don't understand how you can have a game function that is as unpredictable as Gauntlet and provides such outstanding rewards to some (fully fused 5*), and bupkis to others.

It’s called probability. This is a simplification but if a loot box had a 1/500 chance of the legendary and everyone got 1000 of them, 13.5% of the people would get none and 5.2% would have him fully fused or greater.
  • Options
    Paladin 27 wrote: »

It’s called probability. This is a simplification but if a loot box had a 1/500 chance of the legendary and everyone got 1000 of them, 13.5% of the people would get none and 5.2% would have him fully fused or greater.

I understand the math, but if I wanted to just play a straight gambling game, there are plenty to choose from.
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    CB4_V'ger wrote: »
    Ship abilities?

uygxdzy95wgw.png

You should get your second star (free) for Prince Bashir ... I mean, why not? :) (well, maybe you're VIP0?)

I believe you can claim the second gratis copy of Prince Bashir without cashing in the free monthly dilithium card and losing VIP0 status.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    My fleet admiral just scored an Armus. Maybe they upped the odds since he’s new right now.
  • Options
    DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Paladin 27 wrote: »

I understand the math, but if I wanted to just play a straight gambling game, there are plenty to choose from.

Its not strictly probability/chance, basic logic would tell you the more you play, and the more boxes you win, the better your chances of obtaining said reward, so it is also participation and the quality of your gauntlet crew.

Would you rather have it that there was no probability? that only the top tier people could win him? at least the randomness gives everyone a chance.

And at the end of the day it doesn't cost you anything, if you dont spend merits/dil, and last time I checked, no one is making you play the gauntlet or the game, it's your choice ;p
  • Options
    Had my worst gauntlet finish ever (late 50s) and got him in a box - madness!
  • Options
    Anyone FTM yet?
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    After not getting any copies of the Caretaker until his last couple months in the gauntlet, I got my first copy of Armus on just his second day, as a reward for a 21-streak! He's pretty easy to level as well.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just nabbed an Armus myself and didn't even realize it at first! I use the tool for Gauntlet and just completely missed that reward, saw him in my crew quarters that he was going to be auto-dismissed in 6 days... eep
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes, he's FTM'd. someone named Funkula
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    I gave up on the Caretaker so long ago that the hunt wasnt fun anymore. Now woth Armus as a highly wanted reward, Im all in. The gauntlet hasn’t broken my spirit on this one yet
  • Options
    I hope I can get him sooner rather than later
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    After not getting any copies of the Caretaker until his last couple months in the gauntlet, I got my first copy of Armus on just his second day, as a reward for a 21-streak! He's pretty easy to level as well.

I need to go buy a lottery ticket... on day 3, after a 6-streak, I got my 2nd copy of Armus! haha silly RNG
  • Options
    Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Funkula gets the immortal stamp on the blob of ink.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesnt really matter because we can see them in this thread but why were official stats for Armus not ever posted?
  • Options
    ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    Doesnt really matter because we can see them in this thread but why were official stats for Armus not ever posted?
    From Starfleet Communications:
    "Greetings, Captains!

It is your last chance to win The Caretaker in the Gauntlet, as he will soon depart in favor of another formidable crew: Armus!

"I do not serve things evil. I am evil."

FE/FF level 100 stats CMD 734 (256-578), SEC 406 (162-331), SCI 908 (321-821)
    FE 1/5 level 100 stats CMD 306 (256-578), SEC 181 (162-331), SCI 556 (321-821)
    Traits: Villain, Desperate, Survivalist, Brutal, Telekinetic

To maximize your chances to win The Caretaker before he leaves, enter the Gauntlet no later than Saturday, November 24 before 6:55 PM ET (10:55 UTC), and claim your rewards by noon ET (17:00 UTC) on Tuesday, November 27 to avoid losing them.

To prepare for this change there will be no Gauntlets on Sunday, November 25 and Monday, November 26. New Gauntlets will resume on Tuesday, November 27 at 7:00 PM ET (0:00 UTC Wednesday, November 28)

Make it so!

The STAR TREK TIMELINES Team"
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proont wrote: »
    "Greetings, Captains!

It is your last chance to win The Caretaker in the Gauntlet, as he will soon depart in favor of another formidable crew: Armus!

To maximize your chances to win The Caretaker before he leaves, enter the Gauntlet no later than Saturday, November 24 before 6:55 PM ET (10:55 UTC), and claim your rewards by noon ET (17:00 UTC) on Tuesday, November 27 to avoid losing them.

To prepare for this change there will be no Gauntlets on Sunday, November 25 and Monday, November 26. New Gauntlets will resume on Tuesday, November 27 at 7:00 PM ET (0:00 UTC Wednesday, November 28)

Make it so!

Touchee! Just saw the Caretaker leaving thread and didn't know Armus was in there too haha thanks for owning me
  • Options
    ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proont wrote: »
    "Greetings, Captains!

Make it so!

Touchee! Just saw the Caretaker leaving thread and didn't know Armus was in there too haha thanks for owning me

No problem. Going by the title of the anouncement it's not obvious that Armus' stats are included.
  • Options
    I hope I can get him sooner rather than later

I need to go buy a lottery ticket... on day 3, after a 6-streak, I got my 2nd copy of Armus! haha silly RNG

Wow 2 already? I'm on a streak of 33 and just keep getting blue trainers...
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funkula wrote: »
    Yep I FTM'd him! My first one. Never thought I'd be that guy! I got him when the gauntlet ended and was surprised no one had FTM'd him since I've seen a few posts like this where people got him right away. Decided to YOLO it, spent the $25 and blew citations.

Dunno if it was worth $25 but pretty cool anyway!

Awesome, man. Good to see one of the non-regulars getting a FTM for a change. ;) I think I'd have done the same in your shoes, knowing that it'd probably be my one and only chance to have that accomplishment.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Funkula wrote: »
    Yep I FTM'd him! My first one. Never thought I'd be that guy! I got him when the gauntlet ended and was surprised no one had FTM'd him since I've seen a few posts like this where people got him right away. Decided to YOLO it, spent the $25 and blew citations.

Dunno if it was worth $25 but pretty cool anyway!

I just want to do it once. So I would consider it worth it. If I had gotten it, I haven't yet, I would have been FTM. I have the honor and chrons just ready and waiting for such an opportunity. Anyway, congratulations. Most cards, the whales will always be FTM. Cards like this, it's pure chance as to who gets the card early enough and then has the ability to beef it up. So I think you should savor the victory, and maybe go buy a lotto ticket while your luck is still with you.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭

And on day 5, after a 3-streak, I got my 3rd copy of Armus… I fear I've used all my RNG luck for the next 6 months! lol
  • Options

And on day 5, after a 3-streak, I got my 3rd copy of Armus… I fear I've used all my RNG luck for the next 6 months! lol

Wow congrats man. Still hoping RNGesus smiles upon me soon 😂
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got my first one just now on a three streak. Pretty stoked - Locutus was before my time, I never got Guinan, and it took me months to get my first Caretaker (I got a second one about a month ago).