Home Make It So!

Events

Please don’t schedule a high present event like skirmish and galaxy during a holiday weekend

Comments

• Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here we go again...
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here we go again...

Ha! Yeah.

• How much time do people really need to sit down and eat on the Thursday? 2-3 hours tops? Plenty of time for skirmishing while the family is in a triptofan (sp?) coma the rest of Thursday and spending gobs of money on unnecessary presents Friday... Plenty of time for crafting galaxy recipes on Saturday while regretting how much they ate on Thursday and spent on Friday... Sunday would seem to be the only "maybe" issue with the four days... But then again, this is primarily a U.S.-based, faux-holiday, so it's kind of a whoop-tee-and-do. Especially when they made the ranked 5-star someone that even Google had trouble figuring out.
    [GoT] Drunk Shimoda
    GoT Chief Communications Officer
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    When it was first announced, I was also really concerned with having a Skirmish/Galaxy hybrid on a holiday weekend. After playing it, however, I realized that it was the best choice possible (at least for me). Skirmish and Galaxy events allow you to choose your own time for participation, unlike Faction events. It’s not hard at all with the proper ship and crew to clear thresholds in a Skirmish in a short time and the choice of an uninteresting 5* kept the frantic race normally involved in a Galaxy event finish to a minimum.

Given the effort I put into this last event, I placed way higher than I expected and had all the time in the world to spend with family. In fact, I hope DB chooses the same hybrid type for the event taking place over Christmas weekend and, if that goes the same way, other future holiday weekend as well.