Home The Bridge
Options

New Replicator Rations Offer

robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm guessing they're only hoping to catch newbies with this one. Now, if this included five extra replicator uses per day, I would bite.

7qjks2gfviph.png

Comments

• Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I suppose some folks who are credit poor might buy it for the credits?

As far as the 5* rations go I'm always disappointed when I get them on a voyage in place of a 4* crew so I certainly wouldn't pay for more of them. ;)
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a terrible waste of money. There is next to zero value in this offer.
  • Options
    Its a nice offer for new folks, price could be a lil lower, but still.

As more different offers as better. Everyone can pick the offer that suits them best.

Nothing wrong with it.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t see anywhere how many you get.
  • Options
    ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    15 Rations, 1.5mil credits.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you sir! Or ma’am. Can’t really tell by the name
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    The offer provides what is almost equivalent to enough rations for a legendary item. You will need 250,000 credits (assuming no starbase cost reduction)

3900 fuel points for replicator. 3440 fuel points to replicate a legendary item.
    So you use 14 of them plus something else say those blue trainers.
    Leaving you one to use on something else.

So is one legendary item plus the leftover 1,250,000 credits worth it. Is what it comes down to.

As UnkieB says it really comes down to the credits with the rations as bonus.
  • Options
    ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Thank you sir! Or ma’am. Can’t really tell by the name

You're welcome. And I'm male for the record.
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    The offer provides what is almost equivalent to enough rations for a legendary item. You will need 250,000 credits (assuming no starbase cost reduction)

3900 fuel points for replicator. 3440 fuel points to replicate a legendary item.
    So you use 14 of them plus something else say those blue trainers.
    Leaving you one to use on something else.

So is one legendary item plus the leftover 1,250,000 credits worth it. Is what it comes down to.

As UnkieB says it really comes down to the credits with the rations as bonus.

I can't really see it being worth the money. I'd rather burn honor for rations rather than money. Or excess components.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    @Proont
    I have to agree. Just run extra cadet tickets on Saturday on Epic 5th mission for credits.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    @Proont
    I have to agree. Just run extra cadet tickets on Saturday on Epic 5th mission for credits.

For a month or so I've been doing that with the double reward ad watch each time AND buying 6 extra tickets, just to break even :)
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never once used a 5* replicator ration. Why bother, when I have over 2000 4* rations from voyages?
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭

I am CONSTANTLY credit starved so it's really not that bad... I won't be buying because the rations don't interest me at all but this would be pretty good for newer players
  • Options
    Yateball wrote: »

I am CONSTANTLY credit starved so it's really not that bad... I won't be buying because the rations don't interest me at all but this would be pretty good for newer players

I guess I didn't consider the credit portion of the offer. I have ran out of crew to train so my resources are only growing.
  • Options
    They are desperate to sell something
    I am beginning to have a feeling after the pinafore data gate their sales dropped
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    What is going on. In the portal you can buy it five times.
    It is now being offered as a special offer today that you can buy three times.
    Weird!!!
  • Options
    Notice this is the same offer, but with different parameters. This one you can buy 3 times, while the first one can be bought 5 times. Different timers too.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe this offer would sell if they upped the rations from 15 to 50.
  • Options
    I wouldn't buy this offer if you included a free 5* Ushaan Shran with each purchase!

I would. :unamused:
    But alas...
  • Options
    I wouldn't buy this offer if you included a free 5* Ushaan Shran with each purchase!

I see what you did there
  • Options
    That's kind of a random gold, Frank. It wasn't even the last $9.99 offer.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Options
    I’m surprised more people aren’t talking about this
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭

But what more is there to say really?
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options

But what more is there to say really?

When someone (can't remember who) bashed the $100+ universal offer a couple weeks ago with an image that Shan took down and replied with "why don't you offer other ideas instead of posting this like this"

I wasted my time when I did.

It's either absurd over priced offers or low cost, but of no real value offers like this.

No one asked for 5th+ shuttle rentals
    Or double point tokens but we've got 3 offers to buy those.

I can't remember anyone in the last year asking for anything like this because anyone who has played for more then 2 weeks knows to run Voyages and if your credit broke, double Saturday tickets.

You wanna sell something to me for $6.99cnd, sell 3 voyage revival tokens and a pack of 10 (use any day) cadet tickets.

There. Just wasted my time again.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Really? A Legendary for $4.99? That has other stuff? And that you can take to 3* or 5*?!?!? I think I would, barring it being one already Immortalized.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    so many old threads getting bumped today