Home Engineering Room

Voyage Dilemma : Friends in need

WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2018 in Engineering Room
I always rescue the Gorn from the Andorian.
But I actually get the choices as if I had helped the Andorian.
Went back in log to double check, and sure enough I rescued the Gorn
.myvfnnmwwdpn.png
b8pouac9h38u.png

I am now thinking I should have tried restarting. I know in the past this allowed me to get the choice for the clown. When I t happens again I will try restarting. I will report back on whether it works or not.

Edit: this happened to me with the dilemma that gave the clown. On that one I just restarted and I got that choice.

Edit2: It worked properly today. Friday nov. 30

Comments

• DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    The voyage section of the Wiki lists all the dilemmas and their likely rewards. It is an invaluable source and I have it always open in another tab.
  • That dilemma doesn't give the Clown. There's a chance of 600 Legendary schematics when using the Andorian is all.
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • I have seen this bug as well. It also affects Retrofit -> The Tools at Hand. I am actually concerned that if it affects multiple dilemmas, it could also have affected the chance of getting the voyage-only crew before September, resulting in those being affected from being completely barred from the possibility of getting the honor refunds that were given at that time. I sent in a ticket, and escalated it because of the potential consequences. That ticket has actually been open for a while and I've been looking for others to see this bug so I can help them gather data on it.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    The bug on the one I mentioned seems fixed. But I have been keeping an eye out for it and others. I would suggest if it is a dliemma for voyage exclusive crew, do not pick any choice. Close ap and restart it. This may give you the choice for the voyage exclusive crew.

The bug on the one I mentioned happened a few times. It was only on the above that I decided to look back in voyage to confirm my original choice.
  • kapukapu ✭✭✭
    Sometimes when a choice is greyed out that shouldn't be, I just back out of the dilemma screen with the back button on my device and then re-open the dilemma from the galaxy screen. It has so far worked every time.
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.
  • But what causes it in the first place? There are dilemmas that you can't get if you don't pick the right path (voyage-only crew). Champion of the People, for instance. If you pick choice A in part 1 you have a chance of getting part 2 as a dilemma, but if you pick choice B you do not. If you are trying to get to part 2 (meaning you pick choice A every time), but the game is incorrectly logging your choice and thus thinks you picked choice B... part 2 will NEVER show up. You won't get the opportunity to back out and re-open the dilemma. The backing out solution is okay for when the dilemma actually shows up... but what if it doesn't because the game doesn't think you have picked the right choices to access it?
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    But what causes it in the first place? There are dilemmas that you can't get if you don't pick the right path (voyage-only crew). Champion of the People, for instance. If you pick choice A in part 1 you have a chance of getting part 2 as a dilemma, but if you pick choice B you do not. If you are trying to get to part 2 (meaning you pick choice A every time), but the game is incorrectly logging your choice and thus thinks you picked choice B... part 2 will NEVER show up. You won't get the opportunity to back out and re-open the dilemma. The backing out solution is okay for when the dilemma actually shows up... but what if it doesn't because the game doesn't think you have picked the right choices to access it?

You make an interesting point. But the only way to prove it is to complete the voyage to the last dilemma. Showing that you never get the choice you should have had.

However, if reopening ap or leaving voyage screen and going back into it, can reset it. Then it would not be a problem. But as you said why does it occur in the first place. Also they may have fixed it.
  • Well... I currently have a ticket (which has been escalated to a CS lead) open about this , we are having a dialog about this very issue. They can't find or replicate the problem, so it sounds like it's not fixed. It doesn't happen to me every time. I can't replicate it consistently either. I have no idea how it happens. I am just trying to get as much data as possible for them through the forums, but my forum account is too new to make a thread, so I'm jumping in this one.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    If I get the wrong choices again, I will post with pics. But I keep most my voyages at 8 hours. So do not have the opportunity for a lot of data on this.

Edit: guessing here, but I think what we are talking about may just be are ap (the client) displaying wrong. I believe there is a communication problem with the server that then let's the default state of the dilemma get displayed.

I think the server makes all the decisions for what dilemma we get. The server has the correct info, so it will not make a mistake of eliminating a dilemma.
    But this is just a guess on my part.

But just to reiterate, I believe the client is responsible for displaying the dilemma choices to us based on the servers saved previous choices made by us.
    I believe the server decides what dilemma we will get based on our previous choices that it is saving.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well... I currently have a ticket (which has been escalated to a CS lead) open about this , we are having a dialog about this very issue. They can't find or replicate the problem, so it sounds like it's not fixed. It doesn't happen to me every time. I can't replicate it consistently either. I have no idea how it happens. I am just trying to get as much data as possible for them through the forums, but my forum account is too new to make a thread, so I'm jumping in this one.

Good luck on your ticket! Hopefully it won’t take too many more cases like yours before DB can find the bug and squash it.