Home The Bridge

Why do we have treasure chests in Boost packs?

I just do not see the reason for this. There is nothing 'special' inside them.

k4q28xnaq7h9.png

Comments

• AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a bug on their end. Something goes wrong and they don't get the image for what you actually got. So they display the treasure chest instead of a broken image icon.
  • AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happens all the time in boost packs and credit pulls. If you click the chest it will show you what he actual reward is. It's done this forever and is one of those long-standing bugs that DB refuses to fix. Like the Maquis and Dominion shops being broken if you buy from certain positions.
  • [ISA] Big McLargeHuge[ISA] Big McLargeHuge ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Gonna go out on a limb here and say Trista is aware of the bug and was making a funny, or pointing out that a long-term bug has not been addressed.
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just do not see the reason for this. There is nothing 'special' inside them.

k4q28xnaq7h9.png

That's by far the most hilarious instance of this that I have seen.

On a serious note, it's dumbfounding that this has never been addressed/fixed.
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭

low issue bugs like this that have zero impact on the game will probably never get addressed.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

low issue bugs like this that have zero impact on the game will probably never get addressed.

Absolutely. The programmers’ time spent fixing it has virtually no return, other than a fleeting bit of good will from the players that would disappear the instant another major bug happens. Which isn’t going to be that far away at any given time, of course.
  • SMMSMM ✭✭✭

Absolutely. The programmers’ time spent fixing it has virtually no return, other than a fleeting bit of good will from the players that would disappear the instant another major bug happens. Which isn’t going to be that far away at any given time, of course.

I don't agree. Happy players spend money.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    SMM wrote: »

I don't agree. Happy players spend money.

You’re not wrong there, but how much happiness will be created by fixing a graphical display issue that many people don’t even notice? If fixing this display bug is more important to you than fixing crippling event bugs, stuck voyages, locked offers, shuttle success percentages, and whatever else I am forgetting, you, sir, are living a charmed life in this game.
  • muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭
    Is this really a bug? To me it seems like a default image so if you are having connection issues and it can't pull the appropriate image there is something there as a place holder. I tend to notice it more when I'm leaving a building and my phone is switching from wifi to data or vice versa or when I'm at the library where the wifi is spotty.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me, it increases in frequency with the number of packs opened in succession, and almost always (maybe always?) is an item drop that was in one of the prior packs.

So I'll echo two previous points.
    1) After >2 years... not fixed yet? Seriously?
    2) If fixing this relatively minor annoyance will cause something more important to break... leave it be.

A third point: Trista has most definitely been around long enough to be familiar with the display issue. She's just trolling DB on it. This screenshot is an awesome example!
  • I just do not see the reason for this. There is nothing 'special' inside them.

k4q28xnaq7h9.png

Someone has been bad.....peov8zpfuqxr.jpg
This discussion has been closed.