Home The Bridge
Options

1701 Sisko and his Temporal Prime Directive

Other crew might have this as well (I haven’t noticed yet), but equipping 1701 Sisko I noticed he has gear that gives him +30 science while he’s COM/SEC/DIP. Seems odd to me.

vatf9al7mk5d.png

Comments

• Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I imagine the first character(s) that used Temporal Prime Directives had both of those skills. 1701 Sisko has at least 30 base SCI that is hidden because it is an item that makes sense for him based on the episode...odd, yes, but not unheard of or even necessarily uncommon.
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happens with quite a few items actually.
  • Options
    IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    I think they have been trying to fix these over time. Maybe the worse one is Phoenix Cochrane (Eng/Sci/Dip), who needs a 2* Authorization Code that gives 0 + (3-17) Cmd at level 100. It's one thing to have an item that gives 1 or 2 skills that a crew needs (like Picard's Artificial Heart that gives Dip, Sci, and Cmd, but 4 of the 7 Picard variants that need it, according to the wiki, only use 1-2 of the stats), and it's another thing to have the item have the appropriate rarity (like the 5* Temporal Prime Directive shown above). But it is so wrong to have an item give completely useless stats and be green! His final equipment are 3 golds and a green. He could absolutely use some better stats, as he was an early crew with meh stats.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try your sisko on a very low lvl mission and he can prolly pass a low lvl science node.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    As far as hidden skills go, Sisko does not gain 30 SCI from the temporal prime directive. Hidden skills are something like 10% of a crew's highest skill. For example, here's my immortal 1701 Sisko
    twpe0sh02vun.png
    Here's Sisko taking on a SCI node:
    g15sz60jndr0.png
    Here he is taking on a ENG node:
    zpdxgj65uvlf.png
    Finally, a MED node:
    6blr4h9qvdz0.png

They are all the same. The +30 SCI from the temporal prime directive doesn't do anything. It's just there for other characters who have SCI and who will equip the same item.

I wasn’t aware of the 10% of the highest skill stat on hidden skills. Thank you!
  • Options
    Cam Taliis wrote: »
    I wasn’t aware of the 10% of the highest skill stat on hidden skills. Thank you!
    It can be quite useful when mopping up the last few VP on an expedition ticket!
  • Options
    Augment Riker's Embryonic Chamber gives 65 diplomacy. He doesn't have Diplomacy as a skill. As far as I know, this item is specific to him.

smttcqqvvhuc.png
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah ... but don't forget, Items like this can also give passive ship abilities, and that might be a reason for giving them to a particular character (e.g. this item to Warship Yar) ... in this case apparently accuracy ... though I do not see it reflected on his wiki page (the increase should be from lvl 80 to 90 but there isn't one).
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add to the list
    a813rj8o8a1p.png
    Would the extra SEC proficiency appear in the gauntlet?
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, sadly.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as hidden skills go, Sisko does not gain 30 SCI from the temporal prime directive. Hidden skills are something like 10% of a crew's highest skill. For example, here's my immortal 1701 Sisko
    twpe0sh02vun.png
    Here's Sisko taking on a SCI node:
    g15sz60jndr0.png
    Here he is taking on a ENG node:
    zpdxgj65uvlf.png
    Finally, a MED node:
    6blr4h9qvdz0.png

They are all the same. The +30 SCI from the temporal prime directive doesn't do anything. It's just there for other characters who have SCI and who will equip the same item.

I think it's 20% of the lowest published skill. So single skill crew end up having better unpublished stats than crew with a weak published 2nd or 3rd skill. Of course those skills are usually only useful for the easiest missions in an expedition event.