Home The Bridge
Options

Take That Armus!

(HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
For those without Armus who are starting to see him in gauntlets, feel free to post here screenshots of victories against that oily foe. puutpistsi2k.png
Let’s fly!

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Borg should defeat an oil slick
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

Unless the oil gets into the mechanical components and gums them up?
  • Options
    Fire...
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Banjo1012 wrote: »

Unless the oil gets into the mechanical components and gums them up?

That is a phenomenal point I totally overlooked

• Options
    Isn't oil supposed to lubricate?
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think he's more tar than oil. Which wouldn't exactly help lubricate machinery. :p

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plus if you don’t change oil regularly YOU’RE DOOMED!!!
  • Options
    NoneNone ✭✭✭
    I think that they used molasses in the show for the effect.
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is Gary Seven working his magic with a 25% crit.

sqh5pcvszvq8.png

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Armus can't be that great then?

One member in the 10 Forward portion of our fleet has managed to get him but looking at these images I'm not to worried about getting him to quickly.
    Ten Forward Loungers (10 Forward, Fair Haven and Starbase Sullivan)
    Wait, three fleets on some kind of Star Trek? Lets rock and roll!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭

One member in the 10 Forward portion of our fleet has managed to get him but looking at these images I'm not to worried about getting him to quickly.

I can be blamed for that. Months of trying for Caretaker and got 0. First Armus gauntlet and first 3 streak Armus dropped. Naturally he will be below normal gauntlet standards.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭

It's going to take more than one or two screenshots to convince me one way or the other, I have neither Locutus (before my time) or Gary Seven (think I tried once, 'n failed)

I also don't have Armus but if he were to drop then he would be my best Sci Sec option, it also depends if traits line up or not.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    2bd65wz624dr.png
    rpartz4rfdru.png
    fjm7rttho1wo.png

I know, poor old Armus had the disadvantage here - only 5% against 25%, but Surak was tired...
    Still nailed him though!

And then late last night, just before I hit the sack, I was reminded by my Fleet Admiral about the upcoming Gauntlet... Had about 4 minutes left, so threw a few crew at the competition - ended up coming in 4th place and dropped my very own baby Armus on the second win box!

Just as well! I didn't get a single Caretaker and was starting to feel neglected!!!
  • Options
    None wrote: »
    I think that they used molasses in the show for the effect.

According to interviews with Jonathan Frakes, it was Metamucil and black printer's ink. Must have been great to get pulled into.
  • Options
    corc1tbcddzm.jpg
    I think Gary had Isis sneaking around back on this one.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pinkyfirst wrote: »
    corc1tbcddzm.jpg
    I think Gary had Isis sneaking around back on this one.

Nice one. Gary Seven is great. Super jelly of those who have him and that new Burnham who are awesome at gauntlet.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Damn! Was hoping DB had released a card where Armus had joined a British pop group, maybe as a replacement for Robbie Williams.
  • Options
    New Burnham is great at gauntlet. She gets in three four each round.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've only had Armus for one Gauntlet cycle, but my conclusion is that he is not super great. The Caretaker and Surak are indispencible, but Armus is just alright. Maybe I'll change my mind in time.
  • Options
    IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I've only had Armus for one Gauntlet cycle, but my conclusion is that he is not super great. The Caretaker and Surak are indispencible, but Armus is just alright. Maybe I'll change my mind in time.

The Caretaker is still one of the only Eng/Med crew in the game, and his Eng prof is still the best (by far, if I'm not mistaken). Surak has great traits and a good balance of stats, so you can use him in Cmd, Sci, or Dip gauntlets to great effect.

Armus has the highest Sci/Cmd (and maybe Sci/Sec) score in the game, but his Cmd/Dip is rather weak when you consider the competition (but so is Surak's Dip/Cmd or the Caretaker's Sci/Med). He has niche traits that don't show up in Sci gauntlets, limiting his appearances there. However, there are a couple of gauntlets where he will dominate even with a 25% crit, because few strong gauntlet crew have those traits (Villain and Survivalist). With Brutal, his main competition is Locutus and Mirror Picard, both of whom he beats in matchups where they stand out (Sci/Sec for Locutus and Sci/Cmd for Mirror Picard).

Plus, he benefits from the "Seven of Nine" effect (from the early days of the gauntlet): having 1 skill so high that you can win matchups with crew that have both skills. She has horrible traits, especially before the Borg mega, yet she was one of the best gauntlet crew because she could dominate any Sci gauntlet. Granted, Armus has natural matchups he loses, like Sci/Sec vs. Gary Seven (how is he so strong? 885 base Sci at 1/5 and top-tier Sci and Sec gauntlet? Gowron (415 base Dip) and Seven (426 base Eng) are crying in the corner...), but he also beats Gary Seven in Sci/Cmd.

If I get him, I look forward to using Armus, especially because he beats Mirror Picard (unless it is one of the 85748923123213 gauntlets where Picard gets 45% crit).
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    kr2dnpuoew8g.png

Jadzia has the two skills and crit advantage, but it's still satisfying.
  • Options
    Haere LinteseregHaere Lintesereg ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed this!

ci8ez1raxy62.png
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    ukawyr5gj90j.jpg
    Funny think is, LaForge had a fatigue of 3 and the opposing Armus was fully leveled...i was expecting to loose but the crits saved the day!!!
  • Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other side of the coin...
    rp783xwyr4xv.png
  • Options
    Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    ty7zjlaqor5l.png

Caretaker was fatigued but still kicked Armus’s behind.