Home Engineering Room
Options

New Phone, Ads are Gone

[GoT] LuckyNumberHat[GoT] LuckyNumberHat ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2018 in Engineering Room
Got a new phone a few days ago. The option for watching ads is not showing up. When I open the game on my old phone, I still get those beautiful orange buttons, but nothing on the new one. Anyone else had this happen before? Any advice? Thanks!

Edit: New phone is a Pixel 3, old phone is a Samsung Galaxy S5

Comments

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    What type of phone? They'll need to know.
  • Options
    Was it after Wednesday at noon that you got the phone ?
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    They will likely come back in a week or so. I had to delete the app off of my phone and when I reinstalled it and it took about a week before the ads started showing up again. And you’ve got a fresh install on your new phone
  • Options
    Was it after Wednesday at noon that you got the phone ?

Tuesday.
  • Options
    Yeah either a week or the next "here are the release notes" server update should do it based on past situation.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB doesn't do everything as right as we'd all like, but ads are something they do (mostly) right. After all, this is not the first thread someone has written about being unable to get ads during their game experience. How often to we ask for more advertising in our regular lives? And yet, here we are, asking for ads. (Excluding players that skip them as a protest/feedback tool.)
  • Options
    I just got a new phone, and ran into the exact same situation.

This is one of the things I love about forums: being able to easily find the answers I need from knowledgeable community members :)
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happened to me when I got a Pixel 3 but they came back after a few days. I had to replace the handset almost immediately due to a dead pixel and the replacement was the same way.
  • Options
    The same thing. "Watch video" button disappeared after I installed vendor OS update.

Fix it, Geordie!
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also all of this should go in Engineering. Post it in the issues with ads thread. Shan responds regularly in there.
  • Options
    👍