Home Strange New Worlds
Options

An old-fashioned manual portal pull

Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2018 in Strange New Worlds
One of the things I like best about STT is that it reminds me alot of the 1990s Decipher CCG.

I found some old black-border limited edition boosters priced to move:
lh57svk29zfa.jpg

Inspired by the threads that show up in the bridge after each community pull or Monday offer, I figured I'd share some of what I found. I mainly have cards in my collecion from First Contact, Rules of Aquisition, Battle Bridge, Voyager and Trouble with Tribbles sets, but I also have a good amount of white-border revised cards from the base set, so getting my hands on some black-border ones was a nice treat, even if I already had most of the commons and uncommons. But the first pack had the perfect prize:
ot3t2aq6v4pv.jpg
It sat in a pack for almost 25 years waiting for me.

My other rares were a couple missions. Not as exciting, but they could form the core of a Romulan science-themed deck (or they could, if I had any Romulans with Stellar Cartography)
2oa9i3ej5453.jpg

I may have to go back and buy out the rest :D

I also took this as an opportunity to get my collecion out of the closet and sift through to find a few characters I'd like to see in STT. My top 12, in no particular order:
bdaccdd7zxfs.jpg

Nostalgia is fun

Comments

• Options
    Oops i forgot that Gul Madred was in the game. Pobody's nerfect.
  • Options
    That was a blast from the past. I seriously miss that game. It was a godsend when I was in the Navy and getting shipped all over the place. I found friends through that game pretty much every where I was sent.
  • Options
    Darn, collecting those looks fun. I envy you.

Did they make any Voyager ones? :wink:
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seeing this really makes me wish I had found people to play with when I was a kid. I still have the starter pack and one boost somewhere at home.
  • Options
    Darn, collecting those looks fun. I envy you.

Did they make any Voyager ones? :wink:

xqk2kqadxjab.jpg

I'm not going to comment on missing trait(s) at this time.
  • Options
    This game is still in active development using virtual cards that are completely free to print out and use alongside the older physical versions. See: https://trekcc.org/
  • Options
    Xanathar wrote: »
    This game is still in active development using virtual cards that are completely free to print out and use alongside the older physical versions. See: https://trekcc.org/

I did learn that while I was looking for an updated set of rules. Don't know if I'll ever have the time to participate even if there are any active players in my town but collecting is still fun.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to adore this game.

I think my absolute favorite was when they came out with the special Borg packs that came with an overlay so that you could assimilate a character. I assimilated everyone.
  • Options
    I went back and got a few more packs. Wesley, Barclay and Sarak (diplomacy x3!!!) were were the rares
  • Options
    My, oh my. Iloved this game when i was a kid. Just have my collection in the basement. Where i came from there is no value to this cards anymore. But i can't get rid of them. Childhood memories...
    "I am First Omet'iklan and i'm dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar. Remember: victory is life"

VIP-Level: 14
    Fleet: [GER]StarFleet
    Immortals total: 437; 23 Legendaries; 257 Super Rare; 79 Rare; 51 Uncommon; 27 Common

Collections: Rare; Uncommen; Common; Live Long and Prosper; Do no Harm; Chain of Command; The neutral Zone; Valor in Combat; The Daystrom Award; The Eugenic Wars; Rules of Aquisition