Home The Bridge

Well the best thing about my finish in this event is...

Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
Probably 5 Legendary Replicator Rations. I am a bit gutted to miss out on Spock but c'est la vie

lr4jvis672zd.png

I have Kirk FFFE so pretty much all honour. At least I made the 400k VP but god, it was a grind. I do hope they increase the ranked rewards in line with the extra ball ache it takes to get there as at the moment it just feels like all the extra boost purchases are just aimed at milking more cash/time out of me.

Jim
DB: Do Better

Comments

• Imho it was an absolute bloodbath, before the vp reward extension it literally was impossible NOT to finish top 1000. Now i have used 17x3* timeboost+2x4* timeboost in my kickstart the 13x3* one + one extra round of timeboosts. During the event i used 16x3* timeboost aswell as 3x reward doublers 2 shuttle tokens AND 2x4* timeboost+2x100 speedup dilithium in the last 5 minutes. And ofcourse no sleep. Gonna take a nap lol LLAP yall
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    On the upside, if everyone didn’t have a lifetime supply of Bajoran earrings a couple of weeks ago, they sure do now

Lol
  • Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imho it was an absolute bloodbath, before the vp reward extension it literally was impossible NOT to finish top 1000. Now i have used 17x3* timeboost+2x4* timeboost in my kickstart the 13x3* one + one extra round of timeboosts. During the event i used 16x3* timeboost aswell as 3x reward doublers 2 shuttle tokens AND 2x4* timeboost+2x100 speedup dilithium in the last 5 minutes. And ofcourse no sleep. Gonna take a nap lol LLAP yall

****CRASH!!!!****
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kudos on your 5th place squad ranking!

Just curious (and feel free to decline to answer) - do you re-arrange your squads every event to try to get a high finish from one (or more) of them? Or was this just an event that your normal squad was all-in for already?
  • Came in 47. My best event rank. Doubt I will even come remotely close to that again.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭

Just curious (and feel free to decline to answer) - do you re-arrange your squads every event to try to get a high finish from one (or more) of them? Or was this just an event that your normal squad was all-in for already?
    We keep the squads which are pretty well balanced plus I'm in an awesome fleet
    DB: Do Better
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jim’s In my fleet/squad.

We don’t rearrange every week, but do try to keep squads balanced (through tweaks every few months) and rotate squad lead for good shares and to let people have turns with the lead.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    Jim’s In my fleet/squad.

We don’t rearrange every week, but do try to keep squads balanced (through tweaks every few months) and rotate squad lead for good shares and to let people have turns with the lead.

Paladin, was watching your steady climb in this one with interest, since I was curious to see if my fleetmates (Heisenberg and Captain Q2) could hold you off. Congrats on your run.

Appreciate the feedback from both of you (Paladin and Jim). We have occasionally discussed doing a short-term "all-star" squad rearrangement, just for the fun of it. Our squads have solid leaders, but don't have a lot of depth, and sometimes there's a desire to see how our top players could stack up. I wouldn't make the cut for that squad in a faction event (which is fine with me), but I wonder about the impact on our other players (losing out on stronger shares). Probably why we haven't tried it yet.