Home Engineering Room
Options

New crew members silently lost if insufficient crew slots

If you gain a new crew member but you have already filled all you crew slots, then the new crew member is silently discarded.

I recently selected Hirogen victory at the end of The Killing Syndrome, but the crew member i was awarded was not in my crew, then I noticed that 130 of 130 crew slots were full. I have no idea how many other crew I have lost in this way.

I should have been given the option of buying more crew slots, or dismissing someone.

Comments

• Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you get crew beyond what you have for slots they sit in your crew quarters for 7 days to give you the opportunity to freeze someone, airlock someone or add slots before the crew is auto deleted. Are you saying that he just disappeared immediately after you selected him? If so that sounds like some kind of bug & you should probably contact CS.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    As UnkieB said, the game allows you to have a (likely) unlimited number of "overflow" crew that can stay in the waiting area for up to 7 days. In your case, your crew count should have read 131/130, with the 131 in red font. These overflow crew can be found at the bottom of your crew screen, if you need to review them. As you free up crew slots for them, they get added in the order they arrived. You can also dismiss them directly from overflow (don't have to wait for 7 days to pass).

If none of that happened for you... time for a ticket.
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    You might also want to check the reenlistment area, but crew only stay there for a few hours before vanishing.

What UnkieB describes is true for any crew received from portals, voyages or events. It's been forever since I got a crew from an episode since they occur once only, but if you can't find that individual crewmember anywhere definetly file a ticket. In my experience CS is amicable to restoring the occasional accidental crew dismisal and your situation should be no different.
  • Options
    ZorkZork ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Thanks, everyone. :smile: Looks like i need to file a ticket.