Home The Bridge

Building My Janeway Collection—Advice?

PetrichorPetrichor ✭✭✭
edited December 2018 in The Bridge
So I am a Voyager super freak, and a HUGE Janeway fan, and I've been looking to get those characters. I especially want to get most if not all the Janeway versions. My collection as it stands:
  • Captain Janeway ****
  • Kathryn Janeway **
  • Mirror Janeway ****
  • Rifle Janeway ***

Warship Janeway is the next target on my list. How did y'all get her? Any advice on how I should focus my efforts?

Comments

• Wait for packs and events she is feature in
  • [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    Kudos for trying to collect a particular character I too enjoy Voyager quite a bit. With the crew pool as large as it is, the odds of pulling a particular character are huge. Unless she happens to be in an event to win or buy, a future addition to a pack to purchase, or on your Dabo table, the only other way is to spend a bunch pulling premium packs and hoping you get lucky quickly or happen to get a lucky pull one day. There really isn’t any strategy I know of to give better odds over Rngeezus. I do have her,can’t remember when or how I got her but good luck though and I hope you reach your goal!
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Q Baker wrote: »
    Wait for packs and events she is feature in

This. She may be an existing crew in a future event and she will (eventually) drop in the premium portal pulls. I would advise waiting to pull a ton of packs until she pops up in either a Tuesday pack or an event pack, because you could open 100+ premium pulls and never see a single star for her.
  • Q Baker wrote: »
    Wait for packs and events she is feature in

This. She may be an existing crew in a future event and she will (eventually) drop in the premium portal pulls. I would advise waiting to pull a ton of packs until she pops up in either a Tuesday pack or an event pack, because you could open 100+ premium pulls and never see a single star for her.

It just doesn't help that DB loves doing the same crew over and over for these Tuesday packs. I may be wrong, but that's what I've been seeing.
  • Gained most of my Warship Janeways through random Galaxy event rewards in the free premium pack (Community rewards).
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warship Janeway had been elusive, until the Elusive Treasures deal the other week. She dropped twice for me.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Another long shot option may be to save honour and spend it on a SuperRare or Legendary behold in the Honor Hall. I think I've got all my legendary Janeways this way (Katrine, Agent and Arachnia 2/5*).
    Most anticipated character not in the game: Mr. Homn
  • Flemming wrote: »
    Warship Janeway had been elusive, until the Elusive Treasures deal the other week. She dropped twice for me.

But it never said she was in this latest pack. I looked at the list and she wasn't on it.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got two of her and two of Warship Chakotay from voyages over the past 8 months.
  • I think your best bet for Warship Janeway is probably from random drops in voyages.

I have heard people saying that they get her from 6-hour Voyages, but my crew is, sadly, nowhere near being able to. I'm able to get gold and silver stats to 2500 or so, sometimes 2800, but that's it.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flemming wrote: »

But it never said she was in this latest pack. I looked at the list and she wasn't on it.

Crew already in the portal could be in the ET packs as well as those not yet released.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think your best bet for Warship Janeway is probably from random drops in voyages.

I have heard people saying that they get her from 6-hour Voyages, but my crew is, sadly, nowhere near being able to. I'm able to get gold and silver stats to 2500 or so, sometimes 2800, but that's it.

I was there not long ago. It will come suddenly. In your case. I would focus on voyage crew and hold of my focus on specific desired crew until I could hit 6 hours regularly. Personally, I hit the 7 hour mark easily, even with a non-bonus ship and holding some crew back. However, I rarely manage 8 hours. I have close to 400k honor and figure maxing out my mountaineer Spock and the Sphere Builder will likely pop me over the top.
  • Flemming wrote: »

Crew already in the portal could be in the ET packs as well as those not yet released.

Darn DB for not telling me that... how often do these ET packs come along?
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    ET comes along once or twice a year.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did not get her for the longest time. And then a couple months ago, Voyages gave me enough to immortalize her within 2-3 weeks. RNG is RNG.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • ET comes along once or twice a year.

Once or twice a year? It should at least be once a month! Imagine the money they'd rake in.
  • AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    ET comes along once or twice a year.

Once or twice a year? It should at least be once a month! Imagine the money they'd rake in.

Not that much. They're too expensive for what you get; a bunch of FF beholds.
  • the best way is probably rerun whit in in the future if is make another one, other wise hint dont target only Warship Janeway Target all janeway,and if in the future is make another event whit new janeway is at that time is the best to have it other wise is normaly at 6 hr or 8 hr u have best chance to win on janeway 4* on voyage other wise is pack and ur luck to hit it
    94 Legendary, 4x 5/5 , 8,x 4/5 , 2x 3/5 , 11x 2/5 , 68x 1/5 ,
    78 FE ,78 Lvl 100,
    Immortalized: 190
    Vip:12 Lvl :64
  • Captain Janeway, how I increased my voyage duration was to identify initially two 4* for each stat (3 skillers), and immortalise them. Took awhile, they didn't trait match every voyage, but enough. The longer voyages dropped more crew, and further immortalisations of crew followed. Hope that helps with your voyages, LLAP.
  • KayJay47 wrote: »
    Patience is what you need most. One of my goals is the same as yours - collect all the Janeway variants in the game. I've been playing for 14 months now and have all but four of her. So far, Katrine, Admiral and Klingon Janeway refused to drop from the portal, but I got all of the others from events, Voyage drops (lots of those, Warship Janeway among them), and lucky portal pulls. Now I'm working on the Holodeck Collection which will eventually earn me Lucille Davenport.

Your best strategy is to improve your overall crew, so that you can sustain longer voyages (purples only start dropping after six hours) and do well in events. Hopefully there'll also be a Janeway event in the near future as the last one was almost a year ago.

Good luck!!

Glad to know! I made it to four hours yesterday but had to immediately recall after that, only had 230 AM at that point. Got that Vedek I already had for the 3-star crew drop from it.
  • kapukapu ✭✭✭
    Glad to know! I made it to four hours yesterday but had to immediately recall after that, only had 230 AM at that point. Got that Vedek I already had for the 3-star crew drop from it.
    And dont forget to play dabo for those 5* ship schematics. The Cube, D'Kora and Bounty seems to drop quite regularly. (I know they aren't the Voyager but the ends justify the means lol)
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.
  • kapu wrote: »
    And dont forget to play dabo for those 5* ship schematics. The Cube, D'Kora and Bounty seems to drop quite regularly. (I know they aren't the Voyager but the ends justify the means lol)

Don't worry, I've already got the Borg Cube to level 10. It is very efficient.
  • My advise...build you Janeway collection...Jane's way
    😁😁
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Love this sort of targeted collecting goal. Ditto to the advice on maximizing your Voyage crew strength. Super-rares begin dropping at 6+ hour mark.

Some folks use this Voyage Estimator Tool to increase Voyage efficiency (https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/175/tool-voyage-estimator-help-us-gather-data).

I don't myself, as I just like futzing around with the crew complement in drafting section, but it seems useful.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • My advise...build you Janeway collection...Jane's way
    😁😁

Yep, only one way to collect good crew... you got to do it the Janeway. lol.
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully they bring back the "Rejoin the Collective" pack. That's where I first got Assimilated Janeway. She is one of my favorite crew.

5pf9eo5w6zup.jpg
  • Hopefully they bring back the "Rejoin the Collective" pack. That's where I first got Assimilated Janeway. She is one of my favorite crew.

5pf9eo5w6zup.jpg

I ENVY you...

(Is there a particular reason why all the Borg avatars are pixelated/blurry in-game?)
  • Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully they bring back the "Rejoin the Collective" pack. That's where I first got Assimilated Janeway. She is one of my favorite crew.

5pf9eo5w6zup.jpg

I ENVY you...

(Is there a particular reason why all the Borg avatars are pixelated/blurry in-game?)

Clarity is futile. You will be assimilated.