Home The Bridge
Options

Minimizing Adv Cadets

So I'm dialing back to bare minimum, enough to pass only Elite 5 of each weekend challenge.
Saturday's can be done by Lursa & Be'tor alone, so I was curious if anyone knows what happens when you don't have 3 crew to assign to a mission?
For the moment I still have an unfused 1/3 sister as a seatwarmer for the mission but wanted to know if I need to replace her when I can fuse for Sisters Duras star

Comments

• Options
    You want to be able to pass Epic 5 on Saturday if you want to maximize farming of credits, which is essential in the current environment. As for launching a mission with less than three crew, not possible as far as I can tell.
  • Options
    cannabinationcannabination ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I use 4 to get Epic 5 on each: Ezri, Winn, Saavik, and Dukat(to make up for the Eng node on Sunday). You definitely cannot start a mission with 2.
    Maybe the irony is that we play because we’re Star Trek fans, those hopeful idealists that like to think things will get better when we raise valid concerns about fairness and balance, etc and we forget that DB’s greed openly mocks the values espoused by the franchise they have a license for.
    -Lord Wizzlestix I
  • Options
    I use 4 to get Epic 5 on each: Ezri, Winn, Saavik, and Dukat(to make up for the Eng node on Sunday). You definitely cannot start a mission with 2.

I use Savvik, Mama Troi and Lursa for node 5 on Sunday. Fail the engineering node using Savvik because that doesn’t drop an item and FF/FE Lursa can handle the failure. That being said, for Sunday’s, before voyages you would want to hit that last node but now I hit the nodes where I need the items.
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies all, will have to mix up the crew I use in the future. Just glad to have those few extra slots to use!
  • Options
    ·§ë· For the Many·§ë· For the Many ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Currently I'm using Lwaxana Troi, Private S. Money, and whoever else I happen to be levelling to get epic 5 on Saturday (Lwaxana & Money take care of all necessary nodes on their own).

Once I'm not levelling any other ladies, I'll get Saavik back out of the freezer. She is a beast, crits both CMD & SCI on epic. Then to compliment Saavik & Lwaxana for Sunday (once I'm not levelling any other aliens) I'll unfreeze whoever is my favourite of the SEC alien men. Money is necessary for me on Saturday epic 5, so need a SEC alien man to take care of Sunday if those are the missions I want to prioritize. Or I'll unfreeze Maquis Takeover Torres for her ENG (epic) and SEC (elite).

If at some point you're really strapped for space and happen to be levelling up at least 2 other ladies, Saavik can blow through an entire epic mission on her own (as long as you have those other 2 to hang out in the other slots).

For a while I ran with just Saavik, Deanna Troi, and MT Torres for both days. Can cover a lot of missions on elite and epic, but not the 5th Saturday mission. Perhaps if we substitute Lwaxana instead of Deanna, she'd be able to pass the last node despite penalty from failing others (due to lack of Private S. Money)?
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    For Saturdays I use Lwaxiana, MT Torres and Lursa. Sometimes MT Torres fails the SEC node mission in EPIC so I could probably replace her with Money but find her more useful generally us well as on Sundays. I have passed it so I don't need to crit the node as I just farm the last mission for credits.

Jim

DB: Do Better
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Torres, Mara, and Ezri. They let me cover Saturday and Sunday Epics with just those 3 crew so I can keep the other spots for non-cadet crew.
  • Options
    M/W/F - Festival Dax, Kathryn Janeway, Naomi Wildman - do mission "back in time" on epic
    Tuesday - Festival Dax, Major Kira, Naomi Wildman - do mission "flesh and bone" on epic
    Thursday - Naomi Wildman, Major Kira, Kathryn Janeway - do mission "talarian coup" on epic
    Saturday - Winn, Vash, Rifle Janeway - do mission "breakwater" on epic
    Sunday - Mendon, Winn, Klingon Dukat - do mission "of two evils" on epic

Total crew needed:

4x 2 star
    5x 3 star
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I use B’Etor, Ezri, Torres, and Saavik these four can guarantee success and get all rewards on all epic missions except Sunday Epic mission 5. I include Deanna Troi for Sun. Epic mission 5 Med node. ( many choices here whoever you pick must be able to succeed on final node with one failure)

Since on Saturday, I am currently only running mission 5 on epic for credits. I only need B’Etor, Saavik, and anyone else for third slot. On Sunday I only use what crew I need for items I want. So definitely possible to just carry three. However, if battling in arena, you most likely will have two more crew.