Home Ready Room
Options

Help spending honor!

WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
Over the last nearly 2 years I have built a pretty decent crew, with less than 20 SR crew not yet immortalized and a bunch of FE 5* crew, most of which are 1/5 or 2/5. After adding the eventual 5th star to Etana Jol, I still have a little over 470,000 honor... apparently when it comes to 5* citations I have commitment issues! lol

I'd like to add a few stars to a couple good 5* crew, ideally taking them to 4/5, especially if they are event crew that may be repeated. I've consulted the awesome Level-100 spreadsheet for voyage stats, but would appreciate input as well. I have all the mega 5* either FF or 4/5, with Delta Paris and Degra being my only other immortalized 5*. I have several others at 4/5 and 3/5 as well.

Here are the crew I am considering from those at 1/5 and 2/5, in alpha order, mainly with voyages in mind:

2/5 Crew
- Assimilated Janeway
- Away Team Saru
- Pinafore Data
- Mirror Data
- Proto Barclay
- Tucker On-the-Ropes

1/5 Crew
- Alternate Future Jadzia
- Assimilated La Forge
- Bell Riots Jadzia
- Captain Beverly Picard
- Captain Lorian
- Interfaced La Forge
- Locutus
- Mirror Beverly Crusher
- Mountaineer Spock
- Professor Sato
- RAF Miles O'Brien
- Romulan Data
- Temporal Prisoner Chakotay

Cheers!

Comments

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the same issues. I immortalized Boots Spock before the last event and am considering my last 200K to the Sphere Builder. They are both in the mid teens for voyage score.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Professor Sato and Interfaced LaForge are the other two I would suggest. I have them, too and they are my next choices, though I have nor yet chosen to cite them.

Maybe wait and see what states the new Archer has?
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback. I've been trying to track my voyages to see which combinations are the weakest, to help with my choices.

Sato and Interfaced LaForge are both near the top of my list, along with Alternate Future Jadzia and Captain Beverly Picard.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I'd use the Honor for some of your 4/5's instead. That having been said, of the crew you listed, Romulan Data and Proto Barclay would be my choices for adding stars. I've got them both immortal, and they see a ton of use (especially Data).

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Honestly, I'd use the Honor for some of your 4/5's instead. That having been said, of the crew you listed, Romulan Data and Proto Barclay would be my choices for adding stars. I've got them both immortal, and they see a ton of use (especially Data).

Part of my process and indecision is figuring out where I get the most value. I know the leap from 1/5 to 2/5 or even 3/5 often isn't very much, but is the big jump to 4/5 or not until immortal? I also realize that immortalizing some 5* could potentially help with some collection achievements, but I am hesitant to burn a citation on a crew member I could add to for free in a future repeat event.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Webberoni wrote: »
    Data1001 wrote: »

Part of my process and indecision is figuring out where I get the most value. I know the leap from 1/5 to 2/5 or even 3/5 often isn't very much, but is the big jump to 4/5 or not until immortal? I also realize that immortalizing some 5* could potentially help with some collection achievements, but I am hesitant to burn a citation on a crew member I could add to for free in a future repeat event.

The biggest stat jump is from 4/5 to FF, but there can be a decent jump from 3/5 to 4/5 — not nearly as big, but decent. (As you said, the lesser additions to stars don't amount to much difference in stats, alas.)

And this is just my opinion, so you may want to take it with a grain of salt, but I wouldn't hold off on immortalizing somebody just because you think you might (maybe… perhaps… conceivably… potentially…) see them show up as event crew, when you can get another star on them. (This is not unlike the reasoning that I've seen some players mention for not citing up crew, stating, "Well, I might get them in a Behold!" Yes, that is indeed within the realm of possibility. Just like you might win the Powerball lottery, so if you were to start putting money into savings now instead of buying lotto tickets, that would just be pointless in the event you won… right? ;) ) My take: instead of waiting and hoping you can get another star on them in some unforeseen event, I would focus on all the use you'll get out of those crew in the meantime, all fully-fused and powerful. Carpe diem! — and don't sit around waiting for something that may never happen. 🖖

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I agree with Data1001 ... None of the crew listed above are set for an event rerun anytime in the near future, so you'll be waiting for eons if they don't come up in a behold in the meantime.
    I'd just add stars and take advantage of the good crew you have. That will bring you more bonuses than just waiting.

As to who to fuse ... Again I'd lean to collection crew for a couple of reasons:
    - the collection rewards are great and can include stat boosts for your whole crew ... Nothing to Scott a if you want to do better overall in the game!
    - you can pick up portal pulls, which in turn can help you fuse other crew.

As to who to fuse ... You'll know best if you've been tracking your voyages ... You can't really go wrong with the above list.

As an example ... I might choose someone who meets various criteria ... Decent voyage, address a skill I need and help with collections ... That's why I recently chose to start citing up RAF O'Brien (2 collections), who is now 3/5.

Ps - if you are afraid of getting stars ... Your only option is crew who will never be in the portal ... In this case Captain Bev Picard. EDIT: or Locutus to 4/5.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    why wait to use citations? You can improve your crew and game experience but you can’t do that if you don’t use them. Honor sitting, unless being saved for a specific purpose, I wasted honor
  • Options
    If Voyages are your primary concern, the best candidates you have there are Interfaced La Forge, Locutus, Mountaineer Spock and Beverly, and I would say they would be my targets, and in that order. As others have said, Locutus and Beverly would be close to zero-risk, as they will not be in an event or portal any time soon, if ever.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Appreciate all the feedback!
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat. I've just finished immortalizing Interfaced La Forge, and I'm in need of a new project. It will be a while before I have enough honor for a new citation, but I'm in need of some help picking out who to star up next. (Sorry for the length, I didn't know how many 1/5's I had collected until I typed it all out.)

5/5
    Captain La Forge (1 citation 4->5)
    Musketeer La Forge (4 citations 1->5)
    Mirror Picard
    Bell Riots Bashir
    Dark Ages McCoy
    Interfaced La Forge (4 citations 1->5)
    Prisoner Cromwell
    Surak
    Ru Afo

4/5
    1701 Sisko
    Borg Queen
    Arachnia
    Minuet
    Guinan
    TKuvma

3/5
    Mirror Kirk
    Locutus

2/5
    Sheriff Q
    Mobile Doc
    Jazz Odo
    Detective Data
    HMS Pinafore Data
    Frank Hollander
    EV Archer
    Age of Sail Crusher
    Mariachi Q
    Will Scarlett
    The Professor
    Delta Flyer Paris

1/5
    Gloria
    Captain Spock
    Beowolf Kim
    Virtuoso Doctor
    AF Jadzia Dax
    Tuxedo Nog
    Dancing Uhura
    Tucker on the Ropes
    Caretaker
    Musketeer Picard
    Zek
    Sphere Builder
    Silva La Forge
    Romulan Picard
    Obsidian Order Garak
    North Star Tucker
    Interfaced Barclay
    Phoenix Cochrane
    Lt Com La Forge
    Mirror TPol
    Degra
    Tempted Data
    Judge Q
    Seven of Nine
    Kalifee Kirk
    Mirror Spock
    RAF OBrien
    Chaotica
    Mirror Crusher
    Kung Fu Sarek
    Honey Bare Dax
    Professor Sato
    Assimilated Janeway
    Data V
    Laborer Spock
    Aviator Yar
    Desert Georgiou
    Dancing Chekov
    Dr Soong
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    Over the last nearly 2 years I have built a pretty decent crew, with less than 20 SR crew not yet immortalized and a bunch of FE 5* crew, most of which are 1/5 or 2/5. After adding the eventual 5th star to Etana Jol, I still have a little over 470,000 honor... apparently when it comes to 5* citations I have commitment issues! lol

I'd like to add a few stars to a couple good 5* crew, ideally taking them to 4/5, especially if they are event crew that may be repeated. I've consulted the awesome Level-100 spreadsheet for voyage stats, but would appreciate input as well. I have all the mega 5* either FF or 4/5, with Delta Paris and Degra being my only other immortalized 5*. I have several others at 4/5 and 3/5 as well.

Here are the crew I am considering from those at 1/5 and 2/5, in alpha order, mainly with voyages in mind:

2/5 Crew
    - Assimilated Janeway
    - Away Team Saru
    - Pinafore Data
    - Mirror Data
    - Proto Barclay
    - Tucker On-the-Ropes

1/5 Crew
    - Alternate Future Jadzia
    - Assimilated La Forge
    - Bell Riots Jadzia
    - Captain Beverly Picard
    - Captain Lorian
    - Interfaced La Forge
    - Locutus
    - Mirror Beverly Crusher
    - Mountaineer Spock
    - Professor Sato
    - RAF Miles O'Brien
    - Romulan Data
    - Temporal Prisoner Chakotay

Cheers!

If you’re steadfast in avoiding FFing anyone due to the possibility of having them drop in beholds, then these are my suggestions of who I would consider in further detail:

-Protomorphosis Barclay, as he is a SCI/ENG monster (pun intended)
    -RAF O’Brien, due to his Pilot trait and excellent ENG/COM combo
    -Captain Bev, for the rare skill combo
    -Locutus, because he won’t be in the regular portal pool
    -Prof Sato, for her bat-guano crazy DIP
    -Mirror Bev, as she is one of the best MED crew available
    -Temporal Prisoner Chakotay, again for a rare skill combo

Even if you spent all of your honor you wouldn’t be able to do them all, so I would recommend looking at what voyage skill combos give you trouble and cite whichever crew will help improve that for you.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Obrist
    I would finish Guinan 4/5 - if ever a citation was begging to be put down that would be a classic example.
    As Caretaker is no longer available and also an awesome voyager I would make him the next project.

That should keep you busy till about March/April ;)
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Obrist
    I would finish Guinan 4/5 - if ever a citation was begging to be put down that would be a classic example.
    As Caretaker is no longer available and also an awesome voyager I would make him the next project.

That should keep you busy till about March/April ;)

I'd maybe add a star to Locutus first ... you'll get the 5th copy through achievements if you haven't already.
    That's why I would not add a star to Bartender Guninan ... should DB ever consider adding her to achievements (here's hoping) ... and to be honest, I have her as 4/5 and she covers exactly the same areas as BR Bashir and Cornwell ... probably not an area that needs even more boost for the time being.

After a Locutus star, The Caretaker is an excellent project ... it really depends on where you need help to e.g. reach 8 hrs every voyage, or have all your top 6 skill crew with 1000+ base etc. etc.