Home The Bridge

The ONE time this game's RNG is on your side...

I feel half bad for complaining about this. In probably 2 years of playing, I've never hit the top row. And on the credit spin, no less:

odcmbkwmh75k.png

I've never been a heavy spender, so I only have 11 Legendaries FF (most of them event golds - low hanging fruit). And yeah, T'Kuvma is one of them.

Comments

• IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    I look at everything on the table first, by the looks of it all items are a waste of 5k credits if I had that selection I would actually contemplate a wheel refresh instead.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • I look at everything on the table first, by the looks of it all items are a waste of 5k credits if I had that selection I would actually contemplate a wheel refresh instead.

I haven't spent DIL on Dabo in ages. When I did, I made it a point not to do so if I had nothing useful in the top row. For credits, I never cared, since I have plenty. I've also actually never seen a screenshot of someone hitting the Gold on the credit spin only.

I assume those Admiral Pips would have come in handy for this week's Owen Paris and would have been worth the 5000 credits alone.
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going by how hard it is to win the jackpot in dabo, I would hope that CS swaps your T'kuvma for a legendary behold. I think that's reasonable.
  • DB-RNG is at it again. Guinan is the only Gauntlet-exclusive I have immortalized (using two citations). Again, I shouldn't be complaining about this, I know there are plenty of people who still haven't received any of them. But I sure wouldn't have minded an extra star on the Caretaker, or first copies of Locutus or Armus, who I've been chasing religiously.

ej1w3wwvpukg.jpg

Oh, by the way, I still haven't decided what to do with the extra T'Kuvma...

gbatz2w5780f.jpeg
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would do the honourable thing and kick him out the airlock.

DB: Do Better
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahaha, I recently had a bad experience with customer service, so I said "I suppose my only remaining option is to quit spending entirely on this game."

She replied "Happy trails."

B)
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB-RNG is at it again. Guinan is the only Gauntlet-exclusive I have immortalized (using two citations). Again, I shouldn't be complaining about this, I know there are plenty of people who still haven't received any of them. But I sure wouldn't have minded an extra star on the Caretaker, or first copies of Locutus or Armus, who I've been chasing religiously.

Your instincts were good.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

T'Kick him out the nearest airlock. Enjoy the 550 honor and pretend you didn't do well at Dabo that day.

Keep Guinan. I don't have her at all, but would welcome 2 of her. T'Kuvma was my first gold crew.from my first event, but due to when I started, I only have 2 stars on him. He is still occasionally good, but even at FFFE, I can't see a benefit to 2 of him.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭

T'Kick him out the nearest airlock. Enjoy the 550 honor and pretend you didn't do well at Dabo that day.

Keep Guinan. I don't have her at all, but would welcome 2 of her. T'Kuvma was my first gold crew.from my first event, but due to when I started, I only have 2 stars on him. He is still occasionally good, but even at FFFE, I can't see a benefit to 2 of him.
    I second keeping her.. I won 6 copies in her original gauntlet run and recently got a seventh from a 4th place box. Yes I would rather Locutus, Caretaker or Armus, but who know I might get to immortalize a second copy of her; eitherway shes a good gauntlet/voyage card where as Tvkuma is largely useless except maybe in the Arena/Skirmish events.
    DB: Do Better
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ll jump on this bandwagon: two Guinans can be helpful. Two T’Kuvmas, not so much.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I feel half bad for complaining about this. In probably 2 years of playing, I've never hit the top row. And on the credit spin, no less:

odcmbkwmh75k.png

I've never been a heavy spender, so I only have 11 Legendaries FF (most of them event golds - low hanging fruit). And yeah, T'Kuvma is one of them.

The rewards are customized to you😉😉😉

Edit: file a ticket with CS. How is this customized. At worst they tell you your stuck with him.
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    WaldoMag wrote: »

odcmbkwmh75k.png

Edit: file a ticket with CS. How is this customized. At worst they tell you your stuck with him.

SOME of the Dabo rewards MAY be customised to you. There’s no promise that the top row gold will be one you need, nor any other slots really.

Someone in our fleet got a T’Kuvma they didn’t need from Dabo and CS wouldn’t play ball, not even as a good willl gesture. So I’d be very interested to hear if they will now entertain a swap if you do put in a ticket @[TFA] CaptainObvious
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭

odcmbkwmh75k.png

SOME of the Dabo rewards MAY be customised to you. There’s no promise that the top row gold will be one you need, nor any other slots really.

Someone in our fleet got a T’Kuvma they didn’t need from Dabo and CS wouldn’t play ball, not even as a good willl gesture. So I’d be very interested to hear if they will now entertain a swap if you do put in a ticket @[TFA] CaptainObvious

Yep probably will be the case. But, still worth trying. Again it does not hurt to try.

And, the more complaints like this on DABO, maybe they will try to make sure the jackpot prize is not a duplicate of an immortalized crew (assuming all the legendary crew are not immortalized,)
  • why complain about the available dabo legendary? you know there's a button to refresh the wheel right, it's right there in your screenshot so why didn't you use it?
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    why complain about the available dabo legendary? you know there's a button to refresh the wheel right, it's right there in your screenshot so why didn't you use it?

You do understand he got the jackpot prize with the 5000 credit spin?
    When you reset the wheel it starts from 5000 credits again.
  • Yes a dabo reset starts from 5000 credits again, but with a different legendary. If you don't like the legendary at the top of the dabo tree, reset the wheel before taking your 5k credit spin.

I know the odds are low, but why take the chance of getting garbage? I got a Grilka as my only gauntlet legendary ever before the dabo reset option existed. I was very tight on slots at the time, so she was my first legendary airlock (and only one so far). If Grilka pops in my dabo wheel again, you better believe I'd reset the wheel before taking my 5k credit spin.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes a dabo reset starts from 5000 credits again, but with a different legendary. If you don't like the legendary at the top of the dabo tree, reset the wheel before taking your 5k credit spin.

I know the odds are low, but why take the chance of getting garbage? I got a Grilka as my only gauntlet legendary ever before the dabo reset option existed. I was very tight on slots at the time, so she was my first legendary airlock (and only one so far). If Grilka pops in my dabo wheel again, you better believe I'd reset the wheel before taking my 5k credit spin.

Most people consider that 5000 credit a free spin. You are saying do not use that spin? In other words, lose a spin.
  • [TFA] CaptainObvious[TFA] CaptainObvious ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I don't spend hours in front of the game. Especially when I'm at work, every ad has to count. And I'd rather double a cadet ticket than refresh my dabo (or wait for the cool down in between). Yes, I knew perfectly well what I was getting into when I did the credit spin. But taking into consideration 1) the number of legendaries in the game, 2) the very small numbers of legendaries I have already immortalized and 3) the infinitesimal odds of receiving the top row gold on the first spin made me think that one or two forum dwellers might get a chuckle out of this.

@{ACE} Pasty I wasn't going to file a ticket initially but decided to do so now just for science. Their answer in a nutshell: "Sorry you bought citations for the Caretaker. Tough luck." Not sure what ticket they've been reading but it sure wasn't mine.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't spend hours in front of the game. Especially when I'm at work, every ad has to count. And I'd rather double a cadet ticket than refresh my dabo (or wait for the cool down in between). Yes, I knew perfectly well what I was getting into when I did the credit spin. But taking into consideration 1) the number of legendaries in the game, 2) the very small numbers of legendaries I have already immortalized and 3) the infinitesimal odds of receiving the top row gold on the first spin made me think that one or two forum dwellers might get a chuckle out of this.

@{ACE} Pasty I wasn't going to file a ticket initially but decided to do so now just for science. Their answer in a nutshell: "Sorry you bought citations for the Caretaker. Tough luck." Not sure what ticket they've been reading but it sure wasn't mine.
    That is hilarious
  • Synthetic CommanderSynthetic Commander ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Yes a dabo reset starts from 5000 credits again, but with a different legendary. If you don't like the legendary at the top of the dabo tree, reset the wheel before taking your 5k credit spin.

Most people consider that 5000 credit a free spin. You are saying do not use that spin? In other words, lose a spin.

why would you use 2 free spins for a prize you don't want, instead of having one less free spin for a prize you DO want? I realize the super rares may also be desireable, but they're almost just as unlikely as the legend anyways, and long-term legendaries are much more important to the game.

edit: I guess OP was willing to take the risk of having a very rare amazing prize be something useless. I understand that cadet double rewards are more important 99.99% of the time, though I think sometimes we worry too much about missing out on 25 more chrons, when it's one of the more abundant resources in the game.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

I would use that as leverage, to be honest. I don't think anyone was expecting you to get a yes, but that's unacceptable.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭

why would you use 2 free spins for a prize you don't want, instead of having one less free spin for a prize you DO want? I realize the super rares may also be desireable, but they're almost just as unlikely as the legend anyways, and long-term legendaries are much more important to the game.

edit: I guess OP was willing to take the risk of having a very rare amazing prize be something useless. I understand that cadet double rewards are more important 99.99% of the time, though I think sometimes we worry too much about missing out on 25 more chrons, when it's one of the more abundant resources in the game.

You take the 5000 spin (that is when he won the jackpot prize). Ad reset. And take the next 5000 free spin.

You on the other hand suggest he should not do the 5000 spin first. Instead, do ad reset and do one 5000 spin.

• Synthetic CommanderSynthetic Commander ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019

You take the 5000 spin (that is when he won the jackpot prize). Ad reset. And take the next 5000 free spin.

You on the other hand suggest he should not do the 5000 spin first. Instead, do ad reset and do one 5000 spin.

Tested, I apologize, my opinion was based on my (false) belief that the game would not return you to a 5k credit spin already used after refreshing the dabo wheel. I don't get why you're forced to make an initial spin on the wheel you don't want, to before refreshing to get 2x "free" spins, since you lose the "free" spin button if you refresh. Just leave the free spin button instead and retain the roll status. This seems very counter-intuitive to me.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019

Tested, I apologize, my opinion was based on my (false) belief that the game would not return you to a 5k credit spin already used after refreshing the dabo wheel. I don't get why you're forced to make an initial spin on the wheel you don't want, to before refreshing to get 2x "free" spins, since you lose the "free" spin button if you refresh. Just leave the free spin button instead and retain the roll status. This seems very counter-intuitive to me.

I thought that was what you might have thought.
    I used that ad reset a lot more when they first started.
    I ad reset once before I did the 5000 spin. ( many times before I did the 5000 spin first, so that time I knew I made a mistake) So I learned it the hard way.

But, I must admit when you first commented, it had been a while since I last did it. I too had forgotten about it. As we communicated back and forth I remembered how it worked.

Still we would not have been commenting at all if DABO did actually set the grand prize as something we needed.

Edit: I think, I unconsciously stopped doing ad reset because of that one time I lost a spin. It has been a while since I did it. I do have two accounts, it seemed I used it a lot originally. Or, maybe I just got a lot of DABOs with items I wanted and simply forgot about resetting.

Just to mention for all.
    Do your 5000 spin.
    If there are no items or crew you want on DABO, then ad reset.
    Do your 5000 spin for the new list of items and crew.
    If there now things you want, it is up to you whether to use dil. for extra spins.

When I used reset, I never spent dil. on extra spins.
    I would think you could use dil. and then ad reset and you would be back to spinning at 5000.

• Congrats! I've only hit the top row a couple of times on all the years I've been playing. And never the jackpot.