Home Engineering Room

No rank up when winning in arena?

I've won some arena matches recently and gotten no increase in rank. Happened twice today, too. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm inclined to put in a ticket.
First Officer - Task Force April
Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs

Comments

• Yeah it’s been happening to me occasionally for several weeks. Ironically it will say “RANK UP!” but my rank has remained the same. I play on IPHONE 6.
    STAR TREK JUNKIES
  • I got the standard 'sometimes when you finish a match with someone online at the same time also doing a match you may not get their rank they had at the start of YOUR match'. But now I didn't get a rank CHANGE and then earlier I had a rank WIPE temporarily. It's a hiccup that's blessedly rare but also annoying because I got dropped from the Admiral division and trying to work my way up again is irritating.
    "If you want level-headed answers to help you fit into polite society I'm not really the right person..." -CMDR Shepard
    "When the people around you are all one way and you're not, you can't help feeling like there's something wrong with you." -B'Elanna Torres
    "Simulations can't prepare you for the real thing. Nothing can." -Dr. Julian Bashir
    "There's no room in justice for loyalty, or friendship, or love. Justice, as the Humans like to say, is blind. I used to believe that. I'm not sure I can anymore." -Odo
    "Sleep, there's no such thing. It's just an old space tale like Sparkle dancers or Klingons with a heart of gold. " -Montgomery Scott
    "Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam"? No, "Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't play in a division at least once in two weeks, you will be unranked. If you were unranked outside of this happening, then that clearly sounds like a bug.

As for winning and not ranking up, it's not that uncommon that you can win and not have a significant rank increase, or even lose ranks. This is what CS explains as JacenWolffe stated above.

If you are attacked at the same time you attack someone, your rank at the end may not be what you expect it to be. That's just a result of how the system and ranking works.

I suppose it's theoretically possible that you could attack someone and the same person is attacking you and results in a wash - neither of you move. I think it's more likely that you start at say rank 1458, end up at rank 1453 and it seems you haven't ranked up at all. I know I don't pay that much attention to my ranks that I'd notice a small change like that. I'm paying more attention to whether I've increased by around 500.
  • [STJ] Wendell[STJ] Wendell ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    That is a possibility I’ve considered. It would be hard to verify. Which is why I’ve never filed a ticket for the problem.
    STAR TREK JUNKIES
  • No big deal. Top doesn't get you anything anyway.