Home Engineering Room
Options

Please fix the censor!!!

I am in my fleet chat trying to explain how 1 point equals 20 donations, and it takes 22,000 donations to make the entire bonus for donations... However this new stupid censor is censoring my numbers!!! I made 8 whole posts trying to state what i needed to say. This is extremely ridiculous. I understand wanting to make the game better... this new censor was not an improvement and I suggest you roll back the old one and get your money back from this one as it has made chatting in the game dang near impossible... How am i supposed to run a fleet and have communications with my fleet members if no one can understand a word that i am saying... This new censor randomly censors words that it has no reason to censor such as 1100 and 22000 this is not the first post i have made on this but it is getting worse the longer you sit back and do nothing about it... I am pretty sure soon you will find lots of people turning away from your game because of the inconvenience it seems to be building itself upon... I also don't appreciate your censor making me look like I am being disrespectful, rude, and or vulgar to my fleet mates and I ask that you stop this mess and make it right.

Comments

• Options
    Very much agreed. When you can't even say your own username in chat, things are very broken. Unless it is fixed, the game is broken and of no value to me.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asspin wrote: »
    Very much agreed. When you can't even say your own username in chat, things are very broken. Unless it is fixed, the game is broken and of no value to me.

Haha -- I have no idea why it wouldn't let you type your own name, Asspin. :p

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Asspin wrote: »

Haha -- I have no idea why it wouldn't let you type your own name, Asspin. :p

There has been no issues with my name for the last 20 months. It wasn't until the new censorship program that apparently it is an issue. I have never had an issue with my name in any game. Just because something looks like it could possibly offed doesn't mean it does and it doesn't mean I need protected from it. If I am offended by someone typing Asspin in chat... well my goodness, I can close the chat! If chat offends you, don't use it. Pretty simple. Instead DB has done the opposite and is making it actively more difficult to have a normal conversation.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have made some adjustments today, let me know how it feels now. Thank you!
  • Options
    WizzdomeWizzdome ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Shan wrote: »
    We have made some adjustments today, let me know how it feels now. Thank you!

this hasnt done any good... it appears to be now censoring my message of the day that tells my fleet what the next event will be... the message looks like this...

<b>Next event: 11/02/17
    \n<#0000ff>Event Name: Ghost in the Machine\n<#ff0000>Event Type: Fac(baj,rom,aug)\n<#000fff>Event Crew:
    \n<#00ff00>Dr Soong 5*(e)\nRogue Kai Winn 5*(e)\nLore 4*(e)\nRuck 4*(n)

it is censoring in specific... Fac(baj,rom,aug)
    and this is not even in chat...

I removed kai and dr from my post and changed fac to faction and it printed fine... this is very disruptive Shan.
  • Options
    Something that was suggested and that would probably fix some of these problems would be a simple option. We have the ability to block and mute people in chat, why not an option to simply turn the censor off? have it set to 'on' as a preset and let the user beware if they want to turn it off. I mean, is this even a possibility? There are so many micro fixes that have to be done to this censoring... I mean, it's been fixed now, but words like IDIC, Vulcan, and Klingon, were censored at one point. Even now, there are times I'm trying to explain game functions and instructions and I'm being censored. A good example of innocent chat that is censored is 'ck'... why is 'ck' censored?! we were stating a name... and it got censored, how vigorously is the censor being QA'ed?
  • Options
    turning the censor on or off would not really be feasible... You may have it off but the person you are explaining something to might not so you would not even know if they got your message correctly I can see the drain as this whole censor circles it holding on to the words it censors... the previous censor was working fine minus a few words like neighbor that could not be said the randomness of what this censor does seems more like a bug than a censor now...
  • Options
    agree whole heartedly with all prior comments, we are adults and if there are younger folks we adjust accordingly but the degree of censorship, borders on the burning of books. we who pay lots to play wish to be free to speak snd share we are a community , allow us our rights
  • Options
    The censoring is server side, it would require an app change to make it client side in order to offer the option to turn it off. Either that or tons of messy coding on the backend. I believe the filtering is here to stay, however I think we can work with DB to make things better. We had filtering before, we just knew what caused it to trigger so we could avoid it.
  • Options
    please take Four Twenty off the censorship list
  • Options
    the old censor before update worked just fine all they had to do is whitelist a few words as they did with asspin's name... unfortunately I still cant make a "Message of the Day" Post in my fleet menu without being censored on some stupid word or number that isnt worthy of censorship...
  • Options
    AsspinAsspin ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Wizzdome wrote: »
    the old censor before update worked just fine all they had to do is whitelist a few words as they did with asspin's name... unfortunately I still cant make a "Message of the Day" Post in my fleet menu without being censored on some stupid word or number that isnt worthy of censorship...

Post what needs removed here: forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/1352/inoffensive-censored-words-list#latest

It might be a process, but we can get it cleared up!