Home Ready Room
Options

Begold help

cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm really torn and have room for a new....

[2lq23ijyxb9c.jpg
Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!

Comments

• Options
    I think I'd star up Benny.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    For what it’s worth, none of the three are considered to be voyage powerhouses (Benny is #131, Miranda is #103, and Frasier is #118) or are terribly helpful in the gauntlet (Benny has limited usefulness, the others have none). If you don’t have a strong preference for a particular character, gauging how they would help improve voyage duration and shuttle success rates would be the best evaluation tool - and one that depends on who you already have in your crew.

If you’re relatively weak on SCI/DIP or DIP/SCI voyages (or DIP voyages in general), Dr. Jones at 1/5* is better than a 2/5* Benny Russell for shuttles and roughly equivalent for voyages. Captain Bateson even at 3/5* is relatively weak and only becomes decent at 5/5* (and even then there are many better COM/SEC options out there), so I would only recommend putting more stars on him if you’re really in need of one day maybe improving your COM/SEC voyage times.

If it were me looking at these three exact options and fusion levels, I would definitely take Miranda. Benny is a great character from a great episode but TOS has a special place in my heart and the incremental increase in DIP/SCI voyage lengths is larger by adding a 1/5* Miranda to your crew than it would be to go from 1 to 2 stars on Benny.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have Benny at 1 star. I would absolutely add a star. I find him useful and as a Sisko, he is an event crew.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd star Benny I actually still use him on voyages quite a bit at 1/5, he has good base so is useful for Sisko events.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Benny is where I went. I also got a 3rd star for him with another begold after this. Thanks for the help. But I was still torn especially with Dirk's comments but in the end getting him to 3 stars was a nice bonus.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd probably go Benny, you can never have too much of The Sisko
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    Benny is where I went. I also got a 3rd star for him with another begold after this. Thanks for the help. But I was still torn especially with Dirk's comments but in the end getting him to 3 stars was a nice bonus.

you made the right choice. Miranda would have almost no event utility while there are lots of them for sisko (and one happening next week too!)
  • Options
    5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    A SCI Sisko is a valuable commodity in Sisko faction events. :-)
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.