Home Ready Room

BEGOLD Help!

h16g5pv97p67.png

Mirror Crusher or Borg Queen?

Two characters on my want list in the same behold. Help meeeeeeeee!

Comments

• DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone keeps going on about Crusher, so I suppose she is good. I have missing stars on the Borg Queen, so I would go with her, but I've also heard (but have not confirmed) that Culber is a med beast.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used Queenie a lot more in the early days, but now Crusher gets a ton more usage. She is on the majority of my Voyages.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Culber is a med beast but so is Bev. Depends on if you need help in shuttles or voyages more. The Borg Queen, while useful as an immortal, might be a victim of power creep at this point. If you aren't adding a star, she might not be worth it as a 1/5 com/dip project
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Culber has the best Med base in the game I'd be tempted to get him.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ll break my response down into two sections.

At 5/5*:

BQ is my top COM crew for both shuttles and voyages (ahead of Mirror Picard, T’Kuvma, and Mirror Kirk). Because I load shuttles as if the AND bug is still in effect, she also has a top-two skill combo that is somewhat rare for me (I have DIP/COM coming out of my ears, and a 4/5* Rogue Kai Winn is my next best COM/DIP for some reason). Her third skill is also highly useful on voyages.

Mirror Crusher I think still has the best voyage MED in the game due to an excellent proficiency plus a base that isn’t bad.

Culber has a completely nuts MED base at 5/5*, which I think more than makes up for lack of a third skill.

At 1/5*:

The queen is fairly pedestrian at 1/5*. If you’re thin on COM crew she might do okay but her relatively low proficiencies mean her value is somewhat limited, especially given the bounty of good COM crew out there. At 1/5*, she’s a little ahead of EV Suit Archer in terms of skills.

Even at 1/5*, Crusher’s MED proficiency means she is a valuable voyager...unless you are totally loaded on doctors. If you are totally starved for doctors, she could help you lose fewer gauntlet matches as well.

Culber’s MED base is so high that he’ll probably still be useful on shuttles and possibly MED/SCI voyages. At 1/5* he is slightly better than a 4/4* Victorian Pulaski in terms of how strong his skills are - she never goes on voyages for me due to a healthy number of MED/DIP crew but is a regular feature on shuttles even despite a large number of other strong diplomats that I could choose from.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    For the first time ever, I don't know what to do with a begold.

nfux41b384sk.jpg

--EDIT--
    Sorry, I am impatient tonight. As much as I'd like to get the second star on Mirror Picard, I've decided I'd definitely be upset about passing on Gorkon, so I've made my choice.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry I didn't see this. I have an immortalized Gun Show Picard and I have used him every day since I got him. I know nothing about Gorkon or his skills, so I looked it up. He has a good arena ability, but a 1/5 on him would not be my choice. That said, I don't do well in the arena and this is probably why, so more power to you.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry I didn't see this. I have an immortalized Gun Show Picard and I have used him every day since I got him. I know nothing about Gorkon or his skills, so I looked it up. He has a good arena ability, but a 1/5 on him would not be my choice. That said, I don't do well in the arena and this is probably why, so more power to you.

Thank you for your input and for exactly the reasons you listed plus my own personal rules/guidelines for handling beholds/begolds, I very nearly went with Mirror Picard. But after 15 minutes of thinking it over I realized I'd never forgive myself for passing on a 500% damage Arena ability, given how Arena is the area of the game I am weakest and where my current focus is.