Home The Bridge
Options

Takeover Mudd?

Discovery is slinging a lot of Mudd at us. Possible Takeover Mudd Variant? Maybe 5* Time Loop Beverly Crusher from Cause and Effect (tng). That could make all the med hungry people happy. bfclksp88nuh.png

Comments

• Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make it so
  • Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    latest?cb=20140518133327&path-prefix=en
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    It was a good episode. But you might wanna put a "Spoiler" tag in the thread subject header, just for all the people who didn't sign up for All Access, but still plan on watching DSC eventually.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Another fun episode of DSC! Bring on Time Loop Mudd.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hehe, dont trust him, his name is Mudd, literally.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Is anyone else enjoying watching Rainn Wilson play mud as an evil bad guy? I think he is great in the role, and cant wait to see more of him as Mudd.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ericdx wrote: »
    Is anyone else enjoying watching Rainn Wilson play mud as an evil bad guy? I think he is great in the role, and cant wait to see more of him as Mudd.

My opinion? I liked the episode, but I'm still not really feeling Rainn as Mudd. More than anything, I think I'm missing the flamboyance of Roger Carmel -- Wilson is playing with the role a bit, but is still far too subdued for where I feel he should be with it. And I don't really blame him -- I thought he was great as Dwight Schrute, for instance -- in this case, I blame the casting. I'm not sure who could've stepped in those shoes, but I've gotta think an actor better suited to the role could have brought something to Mudd that captured even a hint of that certain boisterous and vainglorious essence which the original characterization had in spades.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Data1001 wrote: »

My opinion? I liked the episode, but I'm still not really feeling Rainn as Mudd. More than anything, I think I'm missing the flamboyance of Roger Carmel -- Wilson is playing with the role a bit, but is still far too subdued for where I feel he should be with it. And I don't really blame him -- I thought he was great as Dwight Schrute, for instance -- in this case, I blame the casting. I'm not sure who could've stepped in those shoes, but I've gotta think an actor better suited to the role could have brought something to Mudd that captured even a hint of that certain boisterous and vainglorious essence which the original characterization had in spades.

Maybe 10 more years with his wife changes him to be more like his future self.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »

Maybe 10 more years with his wife changes him to be more like his future self.

That should have driven him the other direction based on what we know about her and their relationship.

Starling universe I tell ya.
  • Options
    Takeover Mudd better be with him wearing the Andorian helmet or at least holding it.

This x 1000.
  • Options
    I think the war subdued Mudd. I think if Mudd was too flamboyant it would trivialize the fact that he’s in the middle of a war.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    PhotonKim wrote: »
    I think the war subdued Mudd. I think if Mudd was too flamboyant it would trivialize the fact that he’s in the middle of a war.

Have you ever known someone to go more flamboyant after trauma? I guess its possible. Maybe TOS is just PTSD compensating for things.

Or maybe its just all bunk.
  • Options
    u05kcnsp277l.jpg

You're welcome DB!
  • Options
    Takeover Mudd? Yes. Andorian helmet? Yes! Time loop Crusher? Yes!!! Also, as for Mudd’s personality, I’d guess that time mellows and changes him a great deal. Future Mudd doesn’t go around willy nilly killing people and is a good bit more charismatic, though still with an air of a used car salesman.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.