Options

Event Phase ended early??? EDIT - game is down

edited December 2018 in The Bridge
zjla2h48oca3.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Game is down
  • Options
    Hmmm I'm getting server unavailable messages.
  • Options
    Oh man, free expedition tickets for the holidays >:)>:)
  • Options
    The "Event Phase Complete" happens when you click too fast.
  • Options
    kvafy wrote: »
    The "Event Phase Complete" happens when you click too fast.

I wasn't clicking too fast in the skirmish. I just hit start battle, and it started with the Hailing Starfleet circle, then this.
  • Options
    lzrgwbnybezp.jpg

And now I cant get into the game at all
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One Humbled Archer or Sisko for compensation please, don't give us stupid tickets or chronos...
  • Options
    Got back in after 15 minutes down time...only to receive a slap on the wrist.

dobrm4cnu7mn.jpg

So the server goes down and I get a little "love note" telling me not to disconnect? Sheesh...
  • Options
    They're all at the office party. 😂 🍻
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a very short outage that has now been resolved.
  • Options
    PolPol ✭✭✭
    I like this feature very much

dobrm4cnu7mn.jpg

So the server goes down and I get a little "love note" telling me not to disconnect? Sheesh...

• Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Thorozar wrote: »
    Crew slots for compensation please.

That would make a merry Christmas. As long as they didn't replace other slots we were going to get.

The cynic in me says they bounced the server unannounced to push an update so the expedition tickets in thresholds work.
    The pessimist says the cynic is right, but it didn't work : P
  • Options
    Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭
    Thorozar wrote: »
    Crew slots for compensation please.

That would make a merry Christmas. As long as they didn't replace other slots we were going to get.

The cynic in me says they bounced the server unannounced to push an update so the expedition tickets in thresholds work.
    The pessimist says the cynic is right, but it didn't work : P

😂
  • Options
    Paladin 27 wrote: »

dobrm4cnu7mn.jpg

Really? A complaint about a feature that let's you not lose a skirmish battle if the internet connection drops in the middle of a battle for whatever reason (user or db's fault).

Everyone who was playing a skirmish at the time of the crash now just gets to replay the battle they were on as opposed to sending in tickets about lost intel from the crash. Seems like a pretty good feature.

It's also helped me a few times when my wifi connection has cut out for a few seconds.

Uh, I think you misread the "feature." This is clearly an anti-cheating measure. If you lose connection more than once, every subsequent lost connection ends in you losing your skirmish.

So yes, I am going to complain that a game outage should not eat up my one freebie disconnect. Any subsequent disconnect penalizes me.

I am not complaining about the freebie. I'm complaining that a game outage has revoked my freebie.
  • Options
    Paladin 27 wrote: »

dobrm4cnu7mn.jpg

Really? A complaint about a feature that let's you not lose a skirmish battle if the internet connection drops in the middle of a battle for whatever reason (user or db's fault).

Everyone who was playing a skirmish at the time of the crash now just gets to replay the battle they were on as opposed to sending in tickets about lost intel from the crash. Seems like a pretty good feature.

It's also helped me a few times when my wifi connection has cut out for a few seconds.

Uh, I think you misread the "feature." This is clearly an anti-cheating measure. If you lose connection more than once, every subsequent lost connection ends in you losing your skirmish.

So yes, I am going to complain that a game outage should not eat up my one freebie disconnect. Any subsequent disconnect penalizes me.

I am not complaining about the freebie. I'm complaining that a game outage has revoked my freebie.

My understanding is that you are allowed one free disconnect per skirmish run, not for the whole phase, i have tested this by engaging in a battle, force closing the app, get the message, finish the skirmish run...next skirmish i force close the app again and i get the same message, it even says so, you may retry once per skirmish run.
  • Options
    Skirmish battle = 1 fight
    Skirmish = set of 5 skirmish battles (button even says start skirmish, not start run)
    Skirmish run = set of x skirmishes that you complete throughout the event /phase.

It's meant to derail cheaters who forcefully disconnect when they think they're gonna lose, then recoup the intel bc of a failed disconnect. This is a good measure.

There would be no reason to disconnect twice during one skirmish (set of 5 battles), and there would be no reason to grant only 1 freebie if it was due to connectivity issues (whether network signal or game outage) - why penalize a player with a failed battle bc wifi or cell signal is spotty, let alone server blipping in and out during a skirmish?

It's very clear that there's a one strike policy against cheating throughout the run (phase or whole event).

And if you had the misfortune like me to be playing during the outage, you've lost your one strike.
  • Options
    If the one strike is meant to be within a skirmish (set of 5 battles), then that is way over reaching and unnecessarily penalizing a player for things outside their control. And it should be removed immediately.
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to actually side with DB on this one. We need that one per skirmish. Sometimes DB disconnects on us or our internet hiccups. But one per battle becomes too easy to abuse.

Yeah, I was annoyed that it took my one chance. And even worse, with the response times of CS, I'd have never gotten my 1200 intel back or remainder of my 6000VP back. Fortunately though, I didn't need it. I'm not running my game on dial-up, and there's a certain amount of forgiveness in the battles anyways, with most of the processing being done client side.

But at the end losing one connection failed attempt had a pretty minimal impact. The bad timing of no access for a while and wasted time re-running the battle we worse.